Jim North wrote:No no no, see . . . it's spelled GIF, but it's pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove"!
"And now for something completely different..."
That's what you said about the cliff edge.steverules wrote:.Gif boy: There is no .gif.
I make a motion for the admins to implement a filter that replaces all instances of .gif on these boards with .throatWarblerMangroveCol wrote:Jim North wrote:No no no, see . . . it's spelled GIF, but it's pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove"!![]()
"And now for something completely different..."

Gengar003 wrote:I make a motion for the admins to implement a filter that replaces all instances of .gif on these boards with .throatWarblerMangroveCol wrote:Jim North wrote:No no no, see . . . it's spelled GIF, but it's pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove"!![]()
"And now for something completely different..."
KittyKatBlack wrote:I pronounce it Gif with a hard G. But I do have a bad habit of calling an LED a 'lead'. I know I'm not supposed to, and I've driven many tech people crazy by accidently saying 'lead' instead of L-E-D, but I dunno. I just don't like to spell things out using letters.

That's because the definition of "acronym" is an abbreviation that can be pronounced as a word!Sam_Charette wrote:People pronounce many acronyms as words.
Weird, in all the computer places I've worked at, people are asking me for "lead" times rather than LED.KittyKatBlack wrote:I pronounce it Gif with a hard G. But I do have a bad habit of calling an LED a 'lead'. I know I'm not supposed to, and I've driven many tech people crazy by accidently saying 'lead' instead of L-E-D, but I dunno. I just don't like to spell things out using letters.
I pronounce ROFL as 'roffle' and 'LOL' as 'lol' (Like lollypop only just the 'lol' part). I've also taken to pronouncing 'AFK' as 'a-fack' for some reason. *shrugs*