ComicCon 2005
- Birdie
- Keeps telling everyone stuff
- Posts: 813
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:50 am
- Location: With your mom
- Contact:
Man, I don't even have the urge to go to a convention in Florida, why would I go to San Diego? I bet no one in San Diego even reads MY comic!
"I find the first strip on this site incredibly offensive and awful" - Scott Kurtz
SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!
SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!
- STrRedWolf
- Confuzzled CG Admin

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: undef;
- Contact:
- Crazy Chris
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:55 pm
- Location: Laca
- Contact:
- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
-
Jen_Babcock
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 pm
- Location: Los Angeles/ New York City
- STrRedWolf
- Confuzzled CG Admin

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: undef;
- Contact:
- Crazy Chris
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:55 pm
- Location: Laca
- Contact:
Damn you guys are so lucky. Well, the ones who get to go are.
I've been to an anime con but never to a comic one. There actually WAS one in my area last year, but some stupid idiots decided to put it and the anime con in the exact same weekend, even though they are the only cons around catering to that audience. Oh well, at least I'll have a chance to go in 2006.
But still... Man, I want to go to San Diego!
I've been to an anime con but never to a comic one. There actually WAS one in my area last year, but some stupid idiots decided to put it and the anime con in the exact same weekend, even though they are the only cons around catering to that audience. Oh well, at least I'll have a chance to go in 2006.
But still... Man, I want to go to San Diego!
- Sincerely
- Ice Queen
- Posts: 1814
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm
- Location: In my frigid kingdom
- Contact:
Oo, I went to Comic Con. Along with printing up and passing out about a hundred business cards for my comic, I also embarassed myself several times. Woohoo.
I spoke to the guy at the Keenspot booth briefly, but I still have no idea who he is.
Also, I attended a panel with a bunch of webcomickers talking about how to get new readers and got almost nothing out of it. Panels are kind of that way.
It was really quite fun in the end though. I'll do it differently next year.
I spoke to the guy at the Keenspot booth briefly, but I still have no idea who he is.
Also, I attended a panel with a bunch of webcomickers talking about how to get new readers and got almost nothing out of it. Panels are kind of that way.
It was really quite fun in the end though. I'll do it differently next year.
-
Guitarman0087
- Newbie
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:55 pm
comicon
I'm in Texas. To my knowledge Comicon has already been through our major cities.....Does anyone have the dates?
- The Neko
- A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
- Posts: 3878
- Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
- Location: New York City
Yeah, I went to that "Increase Readership Panel" as well. They really didn't have much advise other than "have a good comic". The only problem is that they've been around longer, and at the time they started, having a good comic was enough to get heard. The other problem was that there was no real presentation by any of the authors because they turned it to Q & A almost immediately.
What I found hilarious is that they asked us to raise our hands and put them back down based on readership, but when I asked them how to MEASURE said readership, they didn't have any answer for it.
I also went to the ModernTales, KeenSpot, and Scott McCloud panels.
What I found hilarious is that they asked us to raise our hands and put them back down based on readership, but when I asked them how to MEASURE said readership, they didn't have any answer for it.
I also went to the ModernTales, KeenSpot, and Scott McCloud panels.
jag saknar självförtroende
-
Jen_Babcock
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 pm
- Location: Los Angeles/ New York City
-
Jen_Babcock
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 pm
- Location: Los Angeles/ New York City
Re: comicon
Next year's San Diego con is going to be from July 20-23.guitarman0087 wrote:I'm in Texas. To my knowledge Comicon has already been through our major cities.....Does anyone have the dates?
I went.
It was pretty cool.
To see some super-neato pictures, click here:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/Flatwood
It was pretty cool.
To see some super-neato pictures, click here:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/Flatwood



