ComicCon 2005

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Birdie
Keeps telling everyone stuff
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:50 am
Location: With your mom
Contact:

Post by Birdie »

Man, I don't even have the urge to go to a convention in Florida, why would I go to San Diego? I bet no one in San Diego even reads MY comic!
"I find the first strip on this site incredibly offensive and awful" - Scott Kurtz
SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!

User avatar
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: undef;
Contact:

Post by STrRedWolf »

Just remember, KeenSpot itself has a presence at San Diego Comic Con. I don't know if they'll let Spacers behind there to represent us.

I'm aiming for Otakon myself.

User avatar
Crazy Chris
Regular Poster
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Laca
Contact:

Post by Crazy Chris »

The plan is to be there on Sunday, but I don't promis anything.

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

I hate living in the middle of no-where Texas... nothing is close to anything here! everywhere I go takes several hours
unless its Ft. Worth or Dallas... but nothing good happens there anyway...
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
Nicked
Regular Poster
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:01 am
Location: Portlandish area.
Contact:

Post by Nicked »

I missed the Stumptown Comix Fest... I highly doubt there was a keen section, though.
<a href="http://pos.comicgen.com">Property of Scott</a>

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Col wrote:I knew there was a San in there.
Yeah, they're all the same, really.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

Toxic wrote:
Col wrote:I knew there was a San in there.
Yeah, they're all the same, really.
San FRANSISCO is the place where they had gay marriage.

San DIEGO is with all of the immigrants...
You know, i should work on this.

Jen_Babcock
Regular Poster
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles/ New York City

Post by Jen_Babcock »

I had a blast- can't wait for next year's con.
Image

User avatar
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: undef;
Contact:

Post by STrRedWolf »

Did anyone attend the KeenSpot 2005 conference?

User avatar
Crazy Chris
Regular Poster
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Laca
Contact:

Post by Crazy Chris »

Well, that was fun.

User avatar
Ida
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:41 am
Location: AWOL
Contact:

Post by Ida »

Damn you guys are so lucky. Well, the ones who get to go are. :wink:

I've been to an anime con but never to a comic one. There actually WAS one in my area last year, but some stupid idiots decided to put it and the anime con in the exact same weekend, even though they are the only cons around catering to that audience. Oh well, at least I'll have a chance to go in 2006.

But still... Man, I want to go to San Diego!
Warning: This poster regularly makes unintentionally sexual posts. Or at least "unintentional" is what she claims...

Image

User avatar
Sincerely
Ice Queen
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm
Location: In my frigid kingdom
Contact:

Post by Sincerely »

Oo, I went to Comic Con. Along with printing up and passing out about a hundred business cards for my comic, I also embarassed myself several times. Woohoo.

I spoke to the guy at the Keenspot booth briefly, but I still have no idea who he is.

Also, I attended a panel with a bunch of webcomickers talking about how to get new readers and got almost nothing out of it. Panels are kind of that way.

It was really quite fun in the end though. I'll do it differently next year.
Image

Guitarman0087
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:55 pm

comicon

Post by Guitarman0087 »

I'm in Texas. To my knowledge Comicon has already been through our major cities.....Does anyone have the dates?

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

Yeah, I went to that "Increase Readership Panel" as well. They really didn't have much advise other than "have a good comic". The only problem is that they've been around longer, and at the time they started, having a good comic was enough to get heard. The other problem was that there was no real presentation by any of the authors because they turned it to Q & A almost immediately.

What I found hilarious is that they asked us to raise our hands and put them back down based on readership, but when I asked them how to MEASURE said readership, they didn't have any answer for it.

I also went to the ModernTales, KeenSpot, and Scott McCloud panels.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Sincerely
Ice Queen
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm
Location: In my frigid kingdom
Contact:

Post by Sincerely »

I remember that question, actually! Hoo.

I wanted to go to the Keenspot panel, but the friends I went with had priorities that mostly didn't include any actual comics. Then again, the Stargate SG-1/Atlantis panel -was- pretty humorous, so I won't mourn my lost time.
Image

Jen_Babcock
Regular Poster
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles/ New York City

Post by Jen_Babcock »

Anyone go to Spike and Mike's Sick and Twisted Animation Show?
Image

Jen_Babcock
Regular Poster
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles/ New York City

Re: comicon

Post by Jen_Babcock »

guitarman0087 wrote:I'm in Texas. To my knowledge Comicon has already been through our major cities.....Does anyone have the dates?
Next year's San Diego con is going to be from July 20-23.
Image

User avatar
Zph719s
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Post by Zph719s »

I went.

It was pretty cool.

To see some super-neato pictures, click here:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/Flatwood

Post Reply