I got teargassed!

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

I got teargassed!

Post by Driving Without Pants »

I was collateral damage at the 2005 Michigan State University basketball riots. The cops laid down a huge cloud of the stuff, the whole campus reeks.
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

What were the basketballs rioting about?

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Your first tear gassing! That's like a rite of passage.

My first tear gassing occurred in 2002 at...oh, nevermind.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Adventuring
Contact:

Post by Tynan »

Did they use mass amounts of Mace as well?

When I got maced...I was just dead! Was at an activist rally and I dont know what was going on cause I got taken to it...I dont even know what they were protesting about..but someone did something to a cop and the *hit hit the fan! I didn't even get a full dose of mace in my face and I still just freaking collapsed! Got in my mouth and my throat..I thought I was gonna die..its like being on fire but you cant put it out!

I'm so damn accident prone.

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Fun fact: mace is also a spice used in the kitchen.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

I was not maced, but many people were.

Another fun fact: mace is designed to be sprayed on the chest. Most cops spray it in your eyes. Tear gas canisters are meant to be fired onto the ground. Most cops fire them at people.

Image
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2446
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:08 am
Location: The Big Apple
Contact:

Post by Isukiyomi »

Tynan wrote:Did they use mass amounts of Mace as well?

When I got maced...I was just dead! Was at an activist rally and I dont know what was going on cause I got taken to it...I dont even know what they were protesting about..but someone did something to a cop and the *hit hit the fan! I didn't even get a full dose of mace in my face and I still just freaking collapsed! Got in my mouth and my throat..I thought I was gonna die..its like being on fire but you cant put it out!

I'm so damn accident prone.
Damn Tynan... :o
Valar Morghulis - Michiko Monogatari & Tehuti

User avatar
Kirb
A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 am
Location: I'll wrestle you for him.
Contact:

Post by Kirb »

Luprand wrote:Fun fact: mace is also a spice used in the kitchen.

--Sij
Mmm... zesty.
ImageImage
*^*^*^*^* http://spacejunkarlia.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Comic
*^*^*^*^* http://deadgeargame.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Game
Image Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."
Image

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

Heh, the worst thing that happened to me with a self defense weapon was a kid brought a tazer to school and shocked me in the ass with it. I had some sore cheeks for a while, but the cursing that followed got my entire class in trouble
You know, i should work on this.

Charlesbrubaker
Regular Poster
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:09 am

Post by Charlesbrubaker »

My advice to you.

Never, EVER, hold protest for some reason, at the teargas/pepper spray/mace factory. You'll end up being blind.

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

charlesbrubaker wrote:My advice to you.

Never, EVER, hold protest for some reason, at the teargas/pepper spray/mace factory. You'll end up being blind.
There was never a union at one of those factories. Heh heh heh...
You know, i should work on this.

User avatar
Humbug
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Not here.
Contact:

Post by Humbug »

Would be intresting if there were

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Re: I got teargassed!

Post by Dr Legostar »

Driving Without Pants wrote:I was collateral damage at the 2005 Michigan State University basketball riots. The cops laid down a huge cloud of the stuff, the whole campus reeks.
Meh, after watching Michigan State beat Kentucky... I kinda feel a sick satisfaction knowing that you guys got gassed. (not really, I'm not actually much of a basketball fan, but it felt like the thing to say. And of course even if I did actually feel that way I'd never want to see Good Mister Pants be harmed by the horrors of tear gas...)
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

Wow and to think if Michigan State won yesterday, the tear gassing could have been a lot worse.
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

No, but at my buddy's birthday we were playing with a home-made tazer.
Image

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

I really don't like people who confuse "stun guns" and "tasers".
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I was teargassed twice. Once when I was 12 years old, a "friend" pulled a prank on me. Second time on October 5. 2000. But only a bit, I was in the next street to the one where gass was thrown so I could only feel it a bit.

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

I figure I have to be teargassed at least once in a protest, just to experience it. like breaking a limb. if you've never had it happen, you're probably curious what it is like. yup, it hurts. or getting drunk. yup, all those accounts of being dangerously loose-lipped and close to shutting down all bodily funtions because your BAC is so high oxygen is not getting to vital organs? all true.
Image

User avatar
Caduceus
Regular Poster
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:16 pm

Post by Caduceus »

I am in no way curious to see what it is like either be tear gassed or break a limb.
Caduceus
Marianne

User avatar
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:40 am
Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".
Contact:

Post by TheLoserHero »

...I, on the other hand, am just a little curious. :3
Image

Locked