How many comics link your comic?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

I just found a referral from Maria and Michelle's site which I followed back thinking 'why the hell would they link to me? I don't have any man-sex at all, and I'd be in serious trouble if I even tried it considering my current content'...

I didn't find anything...so I guess that was good :)
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Corgan_dane
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:12 pm
Contact:

Post by Corgan_dane »

Actually, I use my links page as my own personal portal to the comics I read. I have a bunch more to add...

...I'm just afraid my links page is going to start looking like I just link everything I come across, cause I'll have so many on there!
Image

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

thats what mine looks like :D, and I don't even link every comic I read :)
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Well from this webalizer dealy it looks like only Irregular Webcomic, the n00b, and planet zonk link to me. Which is to say very cool but i'm just not feeling the love from the rest of you... :( Of course with most of you I haven't linked to your comics either, so the not feeling of love is mutual :wink: Also my friend Chase links to my comic, and technically he has a webcomic, and by technically I mean he's updated 3 times in the year since he started making a comic....It counts... sorta.. especially since I'm technically a character in said comic.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Dutch! wrote:I just found a referral from Maria and Michelle's site which I followed back thinking 'why the hell would they link to me? I don't have any man-sex at all, and I'd be in serious trouble if I even tried it considering my current content'...

I didn't find anything...so I guess that was good :)
Well, fine! :cry: We didn't want to link you anyway! :cry:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Coolness. But I must say, I needs me some sweet Doris action.
Soon, soon...
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:You have a creepy avatar by the way.
Excellent.

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

MariaAndMichelle wrote:
Dutch! wrote:I just found a referral from Maria and Michelle's site which I followed back thinking 'why the hell would they link to me? I don't have any man-sex at all, and I'd be in serious trouble if I even tried it considering my current content'...

I didn't find anything...so I guess that was good :)
Well, fine! :cry: We didn't want to link you anyway! :cry:
I'm going to assume you realised my relief was for other reasons :)

After following a link from School Spirit, a young kid asks his mum 'what's man-sex?' Three days later, Dutch receives a law suit in his in-box...

You can still feel free to send me nasty PMs though! :D
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

I rarely update my links page.... I really should, but I have no time. Hmm...
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

Well I don't even HAVE a links page, so there ya go! :D
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

Dutch! wrote:I just found a referral from Maria and Michelle's site which I followed back thinking 'why the hell would they link to me? I don't have any man-sex at all, and I'd be in serious trouble if I even tried it considering my current content'...

I didn't find anything...so I guess that was good :)
Does School Spirit have an ad in the newsbox? That would probably explain it....
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

very likely they share a dropdown.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Cope wrote:
Dutch! wrote:I just found a referral from Maria and Michelle's site which I followed back thinking 'why the hell would they link to me? I don't have any man-sex at all, and I'd be in serious trouble if I even tried it considering my current content'...

I didn't find anything...so I guess that was good :)
Does School Spirit have an ad in the newsbox? That would probably explain it....
Bugger me...yeah...I think I did make one yonks ago...I don't actually have a newsbox of my own though...oops...

Oh...and the only dropdown it's in is the KleenSpace one...I doubt Maria or Michelle are in that one too... :)

Guess that's sorted out. For a minute there it was cool!
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

well, I once got visits from fox tails (or tales) in one day, no link on their site at all. Such are the mysteries of internet.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Post by [geoduck] »

legostargalactica wrote:Well from this webalizer dealy it looks like only Irregular Webcomic, the n00b, and planet zonk link to me. Which is to say very cool but i'm just not feeling the love from the rest of you... :(
Well, you've got a link from me, even if no one ever uses it. :)
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Image

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

orion wrote:well, I once got visits from fox tails (or tales) in one day, no link on their site at all. Such are the mysteries of internet.
I've gotten refferals from places that don't even have me mentioned on their sites at all. I sense there is a dark purpose to this weirdness.
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

[geoduck] wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:Well from this webalizer dealy it looks like only Irregular Webcomic, the n00b, and planet zonk link to me. Which is to say very cool but i'm just not feeling the love from the rest of you... :(
Well, you've got a link from me, even if no one ever uses it. :)
I'm not sure how to take that... well I guess I'll just accept that *you* like me but no one who visits your site does. :D :(
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Risky
69
Posts: 3834
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 8:41 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Post by Risky »

I mod a dropdown... meh. Actually soon to be two... darn Keenime. But some people link to me that aren't on the dropdown... like nekotime (yay steve).

It's a shame that most of the people that link me stopped updating their own comics...

I link all of you! For money.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Risky wrote:I mod a dropdown... meh. Actually soon to be two... darn Keenime. But some people link to me that aren't on the dropdown... like nekotime (yay steve).

It's a shame that most of the people that link me stopped updating their own comics...

I link all of you! For money.
I also mod a dropdown. But half of the people on it have retired. Figures. :roll:
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

If you get a link from a place that has no mention of you then the user may have used a bookmark. Faub once got a refferal from a jpg because of this! Simply typing the url or using a bookmark to go from one site to another seems to register as a link. It's odd, but it explains some mystery referals.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Risky
69
Posts: 3834
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 8:41 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Post by Risky »

Crossfire wrote:If you get a link from a place that has no mention of you then the user may have used a bookmark. Faub once got a refferal from a jpg because of this! Simply typing the url or using a bookmark to go from one site to another seems to register as a link. It's odd, but it explains some mystery referals.
I'm assuming that's how I got a referral from the corporate site of Comcast.

Post Reply