How many comics link your comic?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
JeremyW
Regular Poster
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: magic town

How many comics link your comic?

Post by JeremyW »

I know of four that link mine.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Under ten. It's a very exclusive clique!
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

Well its a little tough to tell without webalizer.

At least 7-10, maybe more who haven't shown up yet.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

I'd count, but weblogs are down.

Of what I can think of... between 10-20.
I need to check
Image

User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Post by Jim North »

Actually linked and not 'cause I sent 'em fanart or something: about 15 that I know of.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

Five, last I checked, which is odd considering the ridiculously narrow audience my comic caters to. I have one linker for every fifty readers.

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

If you're counting just in their links pages I counted 11 using google. But I know at least five that it missed (because I know who you are! Orion, Bob, RPin, and others!). I think the total numbers (from link pages only) is something like 25-30.

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

War wrote:If you're counting just in their links pages I counted 11 using google. But I know at least five that it missed (because I know who you are! Orion, Bob, RPin, and others!). I think the total numbers (from link pages only) is something like 25-30.
Yes, but you cheat. All you characters are the various authors. Image

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

If anyone tries to do that to me, boy are they going to regret it!
Nobody tries to make cheap armour out of MR. BOB'S COMIC!

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

I counted 2 keenspace comics on google. Considering I know for a fact that at least two keenspot comics link to me, I believe the google count to be inaccurate.

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

One that I know of. I think there might be two but I haven't checked recently.

User avatar
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2446
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:08 am
Location: The Big Apple
Contact:

Post by Isukiyomi »

How do you know when someone links to you?
Valar Morghulis - Michiko Monogatari & Tehuti

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

So far, I know that I had a link for a while on "Head Doctor Comics", and currently "The End of Things" and "Angry D. Monkey"... and a place called "Cowboy Jim".
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

Jim North wrote:Actually linked and not 'cause I sent 'em fanart or something: about 15 that I know of.
I was about to say the same thing. I've evul forced people to link me... Er... That's all the linkage I know of, minus SFF.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Isukiyomi wrote:How do you know when someone links to you?
It shows up in the webalizer stats, but only if someone clicks the link. That's how I know to check.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

A lot.
But if I discount those that linked me for fan art and similar reasons, slightly less.

College Roomies From Hell!!!
The Lounge (which is now kicked out of it's server)
Alex and Ilia
Star Bored
The Jaded
These Days (ntnation)
8:1
Night and Day
Road to nowhere
Spare change
Swords are cool
Feyenne
The Crow (four mages)
Slightly Shizophrenic (used to, for a long time)
Gameshow (Dark magician)
McVille (Trinket)
Reasoned Cognition
Teo and Sara
Smoot (used to)
Squareville (used to before he deleted his entire site)
How to
...um...
Little White Knight
How not to run a comic
Comic Writer X
...

Ahaha... and while I was looking for that, I actually found that I'm mentioned in yet another comic!. My glory will remain and one day in far distant future, people will wonder who was that misterious mcDuffies!

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

Say, who wuz thayat masked cat?

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Isukiyomi wrote:How do you know when someone links to you?
The method that gives me best results: spot site in reffers; check the actual site to see if there's a link on link page or somewhere else.

User avatar
Rhellik
Regular Poster
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Rhellik »

3 or 4? :roll:
Image

User avatar
Fiore42
Regular Poster
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:51 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by Fiore42 »

One! Thanks, Fullcircle. ^_^
Image

Post Reply