For all you people who replied to my stylus problem....

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: undef;
Contact:

Post by STrRedWolf »

Van: DOWN BOY! DOWN! DOWN!

Toast: You have a PM waiting for you. That is your warning.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

I'm sorry, but now I don't feel bad saying this.

Toast- My comic is MSPaint, you however give us in MSPaint a horrible-horrible name.

I think I speak for all when I say MSPaint is not the problem with your comic, it's you.

It's your attitude and your lack thereof to be a webcomic-ist, do us a favor and either gain respect and kindness or leave.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

Wp
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:08 am
Contact:

Post by Wp »

Sometimes I think we're arguing just because it's something interesting to do. I get the feeling that if we never replied to this, he would have just gotten bored and went away. So how about we not feed the trolls anymore? Although I guess there's no point now since Kelly is putting his foot down.

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Van Douchebag wrote: Stuff

:o :o :o


...Can I borrow your vocab? I got a couple novel characters who could REALLY use that many creative insults in a couple of rants against a couple Pompus Idiots in the (imaginary!) Government.

Really dude. :o WOW

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

Go ahead; knock yourself out :p
Image

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Didn't mean any offence, if you took any...I'm just IMPRESSED.

That probably ranks up with Stephen King's
Stephen King wrote:
Bitch in a buzzsaw
for "most creative use of profanity."

I mean...you didn't even REPEAT yourself.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

Well, at least something useful came out of this thread.

Oh wait, and we got more Cortland sketchies. Those are always good :)
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
Toastenator
Regular Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:44 pm
Contact:

Post by Toastenator »

maybe im naive, but why are people all pissed off? i consider it all good-natured joking. i think this thread is hilarity in argument form.
Image

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Up-shut Fother-Mucker!
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

Toastenator wrote:maybe im naive, but why are people all pissed off? i consider it all good-natured joking. i think this thread is hilarity in argument form.
Then you've missed the point and once again passed up good advice. The only thing funnyis that you're still here.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
BloodKnight
Regular Poster
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:52 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by BloodKnight »

You people have too much time on your hands.

Carry on :lol:
- Mark Iradian
Writer of Chronicles of Garas (A dark tech fantasy webcomic)
Image
Visit my LiveJournal

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

Toastenator wrote:maybe im naive, but why are people all pissed off?
You publically insulted a group of people and then made sure the group knew you had, complete with link. It's was extremely beligerant of you.

That's ignoring the point that said group might have been genuinely trying to help. I haven't bothered to check the original thread myself, though.

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

christwriter wrote:Didn't mean any offence, if you took any...I'm just IMPRESSED.
That probably ranks up with Stephen King's
Stephen King wrote:Bitch in a buzzsaw
for "most creative use of profanity."
I mean...you didn't even REPEAT yourself.
CW
I don't know... I don't consider curse words AS curse words.
I mean, they're just naturally part of my vocabulary. I have to think about not swearing; something I exercise when I'm in front of people of regard.
Image

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Van Douchebag wrote:
I don't know... I don't consider curse words AS curse words.
I mean, they're just naturally part of my vocabulary. I have to think about not swearing; something I exercise when I'm in front of people of regard.
Remember who you're talking to. The only time I've sworn in public (that I can remember) was the time I pitched my bait bucket over the side of a pier and had to wade out fifty feet to get it back.

I was wearing sandels, and three days previous I had found a used condom. It was very ick.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

Ian Moulding
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Watching you. Right now. And frankly, you're boring.
Contact:

Post by Ian Moulding »

christwriter wrote:
Van Douchebag wrote:
I was wearing sandels, and three days previous I had found a used condom. It was very ick.

CW
I'm going to assume you meant 'in the water', because otherwise...

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

A day without profanity is like a day without sunshine. (Said in the fashion of John Wayne. Or, at least, Matthew Modine impersonating John Wayne.)
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
Corgan_dane
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:12 pm
Contact:

Post by Corgan_dane »

(washes his hands of the whole thing, and just walks away)
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I don't know what's wrong with me... I get upset when someone calls me "fucking snob". I guess I should get a psychotherapy or something...

User avatar
Cortland
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1202
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Bellevue, Neb.
Contact:

Post by Cortland »

Van Douchebag wrote:If wanna come out here and try to be a pompous douchebag, at least be Scott motherfucking Kurtz and not some kid with a shitty-ass MS paint comic.
Once you pop you just can't stop.

If anyone's still interested in styluses, I use a cheap Graphire 3 to do these little doodles. Its usable area is teeny weeny, so drawing is a bit crampy and as you can see the artwork isn't all that great, but it's perfect for banging out quick little doodles when you're feeling bored.
Image Image

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

I gotta get one of those, man. Scanning makes me want to blow up the world.
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

Post Reply