hardest angle to draw
hardest angle to draw
What view do you find hardest to draw with people? I've come across countless tutorials that say frontal and profile are the easiest to draw, but for me, 3/4ths view is easiest. I recently re-realized that I suck at frontal view. Am I weird?
- BERSERKERCREW
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 419
- Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:32 pm
- Location: heck
- Contact:
- Warofwinds
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:46 pm
- Location: Beneath stormy skies
- Contact:
- Genesis_13
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 429
- Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:58 pm
- Location: Right outside M.E. Charm's house...escaping!
- Contact:
I agree with the angle of Berserkscrew. I'm fine with the nose, and the ears are annoying but attainable, but for the life of me I just can't draw a chin from below. GAH!
Actually, a 3/4 angle from below is the hardest. I can't even draw one STRAIGHT.
Easiest, anyway, is a 3/4 front view. Even profiles are hard.
Actually, a 3/4 angle from below is the hardest. I can't even draw one STRAIGHT.
Easiest, anyway, is a 3/4 front view. Even profiles are hard.
Who are you calling a super-small bean you need a magnifying glass to see?!!!
This would be so much better if I updated it....which I did....but then I stopped again!
This would be so much better if I updated it....which I did....but then I stopped again!
- Driving Without Pants
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 579
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
- Location: French Indochina
- Contact:
- Zhan_Dvega
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:49 pm
- Kensou X
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 398
- Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:41 pm
- Location: San Francisco (Monterey atm), CA
- Contact:
that sounds more like a psychiactric condition
The Fan: Action, Drama, Suspence...All at a comfortable room temperature. Yeah, it's still there. I'm as shocked as you are.

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.
- Bustertheclown
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2390
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
- Location: ATOMIC!
- Contact:
Hmm... I'd say...
From the back at a 1/4, looking down from above at roughly a 53 degree angle. Oh, and there's twelve people in the frame, and they're all wearing capri pants and white cotton shirts with long sleeves that alternate in their rolled-up-ness. Never quite got the hang of that one...
From the back at a 1/4, looking down from above at roughly a 53 degree angle. Oh, and there's twelve people in the frame, and they're all wearing capri pants and white cotton shirts with long sleeves that alternate in their rolled-up-ness. Never quite got the hang of that one...
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies
http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
- Zhan_Dvega
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:49 pm
- LAGtheNoggin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: the sea side
- Contact:
- NotoriousMEQ
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 854
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: ATL -> Ottawa
- Contact:
Directly above and directly below (with a skirt??) are easier than other above and below angles, but yeah, for the most part, they're the hardest. I can't do anything but the directly above (bird's eye) without a reference, even if it's a star wars action figure. And from below at an angle is probably harder than above, because of the nose and chin thing.
I loooove profiles. I've heard they're the hardest of the 'level' set, but I really have to remind myself not to draw them all the time.
I loooove profiles. I've heard they're the hardest of the 'level' set, but I really have to remind myself not to draw them all the time.
- Soap Soaperson
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1182
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
- Location: Florida
Blah. Drawing things with that vertical axis perspective is on my crappity-crap-crap-I-haet-it list. I love it when it's done right though, so bah!
Yay. | Yay Part II.
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
Don't know... to me various angles don't seem to be a problem, although maybe they don't look to others as correct as they look to me.
I was practising weird angles a lot on boring classes. To me, various body positions are more a problem.
Oh, yeah... a low front angle can be a problem, not the face but chest.
I was practising weird angles a lot on boring classes. To me, various body positions are more a problem.
Oh, yeah... a low front angle can be a problem, not the face but chest.







ANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!



</a>

