Is it just me or....
How can you know nothing of harmonic oscillators and still get it?
Harmonic oscillators in classical mechanics is a rate of vibration where the interference caused is constructive. you can witness this by plucking a guitar string with your finger muting the string at different poins along the neck. at various points like fret 12 you cannot mute the string.
For quantum mechanics (off the top of my head, I'd have to do some review to know for sure) this has to do with resonance frequenciecs of electrons orbiting an atom. depending on harmonic oscillation different strengths of bonds can foe inbetween molecules when they share electrons. The harmonic oscillator function describes it's oscillation through the hamiltonian function. I seem to recall it being really important for determining the electrical interference for MRI's and the like.
Harmonic oscillators in classical mechanics is a rate of vibration where the interference caused is constructive. you can witness this by plucking a guitar string with your finger muting the string at different poins along the neck. at various points like fret 12 you cannot mute the string.
For quantum mechanics (off the top of my head, I'd have to do some review to know for sure) this has to do with resonance frequenciecs of electrons orbiting an atom. depending on harmonic oscillation different strengths of bonds can foe inbetween molecules when they share electrons. The harmonic oscillator function describes it's oscillation through the hamiltonian function. I seem to recall it being really important for determining the electrical interference for MRI's and the like.
I remember caring... It was nice.
Do I get my lapdance now?
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Thing is, it's bloody next to impossible to go over there right now, man. What with Bush getting inaugurated, the Homeland Security Head Idiots have instructed the border guards to assume everyone trying to cross the border (american or otherwise) is an Osama Bin Laden clone with an atomic bomb in his trunk. Crossing times these days have been an hor long minimum, with a ridiciculous maximum of five hours! Might as well stay in my country and shop here!
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
Why was the bench still warm? Who had been there?
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
- Ti-Phil
- Héro de Dessin Animé
- Posts: 1928
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Ste-Julienne
- Contact:
It's my fault again... I pushed the shiny button...
The Volet
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
- Noise Monkey
- Smells of pee
- Posts: 5848
- Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
- Location: A little short...
- Contact:
Oh, that Garfield.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
No. The submarine was destroyed AFTER its attempt to enter the Mediterranean, while docked. So was the captain. Ironic that it survived countless sorties in enemy waters only to be blown away in safe harbor.
Anyway, that movie ROCKED. All other sub movies have been comparatively suckier, with the probable exception of "The Hunt for Red October".
By the way, I had that game for the C64. It was not a shooter, but a full-blown sub sim, with you in command of the Red October (in fact, this game predates the movie). I never could get out of the North Pole straits you start in; if I didn't hit a mine I got jumped on by a russian sub. It was way ahead of its time and had amazing graphics, but being in disk format meant LOOOONG loading times, plus it always corrupted the game saves, which is also why I could never finish it.
Anyway, that movie ROCKED. All other sub movies have been comparatively suckier, with the probable exception of "The Hunt for Red October".
By the way, I had that game for the C64. It was not a shooter, but a full-blown sub sim, with you in command of the Red October (in fact, this game predates the movie). I never could get out of the North Pole straits you start in; if I didn't hit a mine I got jumped on by a russian sub. It was way ahead of its time and had amazing graphics, but being in disk format meant LOOOONG loading times, plus it always corrupted the game saves, which is also why I could never finish it.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
- Ti-Phil
- Héro de Dessin Animé
- Posts: 1928
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Ste-Julienne
- Contact:
Pfft, don't talk about submarine, we got a lousy deal from brittain and our 4 subs had screen doors.... I wanted a interior pool, not a screen door!
The Volet
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Even if the movie The Hunt for Red October wasn't really up to par. I loved the book. That was some quality reading. (Along with just about every other Clancy book I have found. What can I say, I loves da military fiction)
Hey, does anyone else get the feeling we scared Joel off? He was probably expecting a serious discussion and then damn did we proved him wrong.
Hey, does anyone else get the feeling we scared Joel off? He was probably expecting a serious discussion and then damn did we proved him wrong.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?
- Noise Monkey
- Smells of pee
- Posts: 5848
- Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
- Location: A little short...
- Contact:


