Is it just me or....

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

How can you know nothing of harmonic oscillators and still get it?

Harmonic oscillators in classical mechanics is a rate of vibration where the interference caused is constructive. you can witness this by plucking a guitar string with your finger muting the string at different poins along the neck. at various points like fret 12 you cannot mute the string.

For quantum mechanics (off the top of my head, I'd have to do some review to know for sure) this has to do with resonance frequenciecs of electrons orbiting an atom. depending on harmonic oscillation different strengths of bonds can foe inbetween molecules when they share electrons. The harmonic oscillator function describes it's oscillation through the hamiltonian function. I seem to recall it being really important for determining the electrical interference for MRI's and the like.
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Johndisko
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Johndisko »

buy my potato powered pants....

SUCKERS!

-precious roy
im the "j" "o" to the "h" "n" and i cant even spell the rest. it takes too long and i need a friggin cigarette.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Do I get my lapdance now?
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Axonite
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: NEPA
Contact:

Post by Axonite »

It's just you.

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

johndisko wrote:buy my potato powered pants....

SUCKERS!

-precious roy
Precious roy
Precious roy

Making lots a suckers out of girls and boys!
I remember caring... It was nice.

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

Thing is, it's bloody next to impossible to go over there right now, man. What with Bush getting inaugurated, the Homeland Security Head Idiots have instructed the border guards to assume everyone trying to cross the border (american or otherwise) is an Osama Bin Laden clone with an atomic bomb in his trunk. Crossing times these days have been an hor long minimum, with a ridiciculous maximum of five hours! Might as well stay in my country and shop here!
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Why was the bench still warm? Who had been there?
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Ste-Julienne
Contact:

Post by Ti-Phil »

It's my fault again... I pushed the shiny button...
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

Well, sure, its well-written, but the acting is horrible. I mean, I've seen better performances in grade school plays!

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Oh, that Garfield.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Johndisko
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Johndisko »

and the bus has a new open air sun roof
im the "j" "o" to the "h" "n" and i cant even spell the rest. it takes too long and i need a friggin cigarette.

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

No. The submarine was destroyed AFTER its attempt to enter the Mediterranean, while docked. So was the captain. Ironic that it survived countless sorties in enemy waters only to be blown away in safe harbor.

Anyway, that movie ROCKED. All other sub movies have been comparatively suckier, with the probable exception of "The Hunt for Red October".

By the way, I had that game for the C64. It was not a shooter, but a full-blown sub sim, with you in command of the Red October (in fact, this game predates the movie). I never could get out of the North Pole straits you start in; if I didn't hit a mine I got jumped on by a russian sub. It was way ahead of its time and had amazing graphics, but being in disk format meant LOOOONG loading times, plus it always corrupted the game saves, which is also why I could never finish it.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

User avatar
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Ste-Julienne
Contact:

Post by Ti-Phil »

Pfft, don't talk about submarine, we got a lousy deal from brittain and our 4 subs had screen doors.... I wanted a interior pool, not a screen door!
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

Even if the movie The Hunt for Red October wasn't really up to par. I loved the book. That was some quality reading. (Along with just about every other Clancy book I have found. What can I say, I loves da military fiction)

Hey, does anyone else get the feeling we scared Joel off? He was probably expecting a serious discussion and then damn did we proved him wrong. :P
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

Its not our fault we're all bent.

User avatar
Johndisko
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Johndisko »

12
im the "j" "o" to the "h" "n" and i cant even spell the rest. it takes too long and i need a friggin cigarette.

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

42
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
Contact:

Post by Mr Ekshin »

Hike!
Judge dredge.

User avatar
Johndisko
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Johndisko »

i found my milk money!

...


AND MY MILK!
im the "j" "o" to the "h" "n" and i cant even spell the rest. it takes too long and i need a friggin cigarette.

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

"I know! I know the answer! The answer lies in the heart of all mankind."

"The answer was 'twelve', sir."

"I think I'm in the wrong building!"
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

Post Reply