Gone But Not Forgotten

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Godoftarot »

Nothing sucks more than a comic that dies. I don't mean ends, just...dies. Suddenly stops updating. It happens to some of the best, which is so frustrating. Personally, I mourn the lost of Fate Martyr Sapheire more than any other.
So, what about everyone else? What comics do you miss?

(I might be doing this in hopes that one of these artists still visits and might revive their comic. Please?)
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Cup of Suffering...

*cries*
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

*sniff* Acid Reflux. :cry:
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Bohemials.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Xmung
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:50 pm
Location: Sydney, Oz
Contact:

Post by Xmung »

squareville... waaah!
Magellan ... super hero cadets - their worst enemy is themselves!
Loxie and Zoot ... cos nudists have adventures too y'know!

User avatar
Zhan_Dvega
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:49 pm

Post by Zhan_Dvega »

Security Blanket - http://insecurities.keenspace.com/

It's not OFFICIALLY dead, but... I dunno, after 9 months I've kinda given up hope. :cry:
<a href="http://aiyaiyai.keenspace.com">Image</a>
Updates Sundaily

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

neon umbrella
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Post by [geoduck] »

I was sorry to see both The Polygon Reports and Keenspot's Sex & Violence sputter to a stop. Particularly the former, since it shares some vibes with my own comic. Maybe it will revive; I see the artist is still around posting messages.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Image

AlienDogStar
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by AlienDogStar »

i thought Cup of Suffering was back but i was wrong...
I also miss Sad Time Bad Time
I Always Wake Up Lazy - No games, anime or sprites. But we do have a couch, a talking cat and Frogurt*! And on Tuesdays we have humour!
*Frogurt no longer available

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

1/0

Hotel Grim

User avatar
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Post by [geoduck] »

mcDuffies wrote:1/0

Hotel Grim
While 1/0 is/was a great comic, it didn't just peter off and die; the creator said that he was doing exactly a thousand of them, and that's what he did.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Image

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

MixedMyth wrote:*sniff* Acid Reflux. :cry:
*sniff*

Some time last month the site went down, fortunately they found a replacement.
But it's not going to be back. :cry:
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

brockway wrote:Cup of Suffering...

*cries*
Apparently the rumour is it's going to update within the month. I hope this rumour is true.
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

[geoduck] wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:1/0

Hotel Grim
While 1/0 is/was a great comic, it didn't just peter off and die; the creator said that he was doing exactly a thousand of them, and that's what he did.
Yes, but I still miss him.
I'd miss "Bobbins" too, but his later comic is as good if not better.

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »


User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

At least the story had an ending. But I can say I'm sad about that one too.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

mcDuffies wrote:
Hotel Grim
Good news is that Chris is moving this Wednesday. He and Kendra will be returning to Texas, and he's hinted that he'll pick up Hotel Grim again when they settle.

I personally miss Mythocorp the most.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
Friend
Regular Poster
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Post by Friend »

I'm sure the entire internet agrees that the day McVille died held greater sadness than Princess Diana's death and the Hindenburg combined.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

8:1

Come back soon YeahDuff. We miss you :cry:
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
Enoll
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: Tweed Heads, Australia
Contact:

Post by Enoll »

trinket90 wrote:I'm sure the entire internet agrees that the day McVille died
wait...that died...I'm reading that right now..
damn it....kinda make me want to stop
& read a different one...
Yes..tis' I & my gang of Idiots.

Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.

Post Reply