Just to prove I'm not lazy...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Just to prove I'm not lazy...

Post by MixedMyth »

I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.

Eheh. Well, alright, so it wasn't anything earthshattering. I mean, I still havn't updated the fanart section of my site, or organized the archives into any semblance of sanity. Nothing like that.

Baby steps. Or maybe even zombie baby steps.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Re: Just to prove I'm not lazy...

Post by Joel Fagin »

MixedMyth wrote:I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
Top left of your post, just under your name.

...

What?

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Up there!

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Re: Just to prove I'm not lazy...

Post by K-Dawg »

MixedMyth wrote:I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
Black Hayate I think his name was from Full Metal Alchemist.
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Re: Just to prove I'm not lazy...

Post by Vorticus »

MixedMyth wrote:I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.

Eheh. Well, alright, so it wasn't anything earthshattering. I mean, I still havn't updated the fanart section of my site, or organized the archives into any semblance of sanity. Nothing like that.

Baby steps. Or maybe even zombie baby steps.
So not being lazy is changing ones avatar? I'll have to look into doing that.

User avatar
Patch
Regular Poster
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:56 pm
Location: Mexico

Post by Patch »

Woo..at last i discovered im not that lazy..

User avatar
Faceless
Regular Poster
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Faceless »

<- I've got a new avatar too.

Edit: I think mines more cute though, or maybe more hug-able.

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

Ooo... does this mean you have lots of time on your hands?

:wink:
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Umm...I changed my avatar to. It's a picture of Stanley Kubrick.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Five oil soaked points of burning ire to Joel Fagin and mcDuffies for squeezing by on a technicality. :wink: And kudos, K-Dawg. 'Ell, I didn't even know the puppy had a name.

And JPSloan, eheh, I swear I'm still working on that comission. Really. Honestly. :oops:
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

BRP
Regular Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:36 am
Location: Centreville, VA
Contact:

Post by BRP »

Funny. I've made myself about 40-some different avatars over the years, and my parents still consider me the laziest guy on the planet....
Is cleaning up after your past self dishonest or just prudent?

I'm not sure, but I'm doing it in hopes it's the latter. [Signature deleted.]

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

I'm getting around to a new av, but want to use this one until at least 5100 posts.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

MixedMyth wrote: And JPSloan, eheh, I swear I'm still working on that comission. Really. Honestly. :oops:
If memory serves, you've completed everything I've paid you for. I still need to get some money to you for the rest. I'll get on that when I get home.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

Everyone is changing their avatars!!

I have to go with the flow! Like a dead fish! YES! OF COURSE!!! My new avatar will be a dead fish!!!

Later that day...

Little did I realize how horrifying a dead fish can actually look. I will use Pfil as my avatar instead.
Image

User avatar
Xmung
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:50 pm
Location: Sydney, Oz
Contact:

Post by Xmung »

meh - changed mine a couple of weeks ago... happy to stick with da monkey for the time being.


not that i'm lazy or nuthin'...
Magellan ... super hero cadets - their worst enemy is themselves!
Loxie and Zoot ... cos nudists have adventures too y'know!

Melody
Regular Poster
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:21 am
Contact:

>>

Post by Melody »

I associate avatars with personalities, so when I am about to read a post, my attention goes momentarily to the avatar to prejudge the content of the post. For this reason I do not use an avatar.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: >>

Post by Sippan »

Melody wrote:I associate avatars with personalities, so when I am about to read a post, my attention goes momentarily to the avatar to prejudge the content of the post. For this reason I do not use an avatar.
For the same reason I try to pick "good" avatars.

...he said, and hoped that people would judge him on his avatar girl's looks and not her sex life.

...he said, and moments later realized that in this particular picture her good looks aren't as blatantly obvious as usual. Then he stopped caring and ate some cake.
Image

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Hullo. This is the voice of AOD's avatar. You can call me Frank. I've just taken command of him, and boy is it messy in here! Anyhoo, regarding the previous avatar, that simpering useless goth girl thought she'd take a holiday to northern Romania, so I'm filling in. Wassup. Don't touch me, or I'll kill you with my duck. Yeeeeesssssss....

@~Frank
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

Melody
Regular Poster
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:21 am
Contact:

>>

Post by Melody »

I do not judge the avatar, I just use it as an ID. If some person is commonly annoying, I will prejudge their posts as annoying by seeing their avatar. Of course the same could be said of seeing their name, but their name has to actually be read. An avatar can be scanned instantly, saving precious time.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.

Ruxen
Regular Poster
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:14 pm
Location: Canadaing along!
Contact:

Post by Ruxen »

Gah, I got the urge to change my avatar today too. This thread just makes me feel better about it.
Image

Post Reply