Just to prove I'm not lazy...
- MixedMyth
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 6319
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Niether here nor there
- Contact:
Just to prove I'm not lazy...
I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
Eheh. Well, alright, so it wasn't anything earthshattering. I mean, I still havn't updated the fanart section of my site, or organized the archives into any semblance of sanity. Nothing like that.
Baby steps. Or maybe even zombie baby steps.
Eheh. Well, alright, so it wasn't anything earthshattering. I mean, I still havn't updated the fanart section of my site, or organized the archives into any semblance of sanity. Nothing like that.
Baby steps. Or maybe even zombie baby steps.
- Joel Fagin
- nothos adrisor (GTC)
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
- Location: City of Lights
- Contact:
Re: Just to prove I'm not lazy...
Top left of your post, just under your name.MixedMyth wrote:I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
...
What?
- Joel Fagin
- K-Dawg
- I wanna LIVE
- Posts: 4844
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Yes, let us check!
- Contact:
Re: Just to prove I'm not lazy...
Black Hayate I think his name was from Full Metal Alchemist.MixedMyth wrote:I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
- Vorticus
- Backrub Fiend
- Posts: 6163
- Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
- Location: Walking on sunshine
- Contact:
Re: Just to prove I'm not lazy...
So not being lazy is changing ones avatar? I'll have to look into doing that.MixedMyth wrote:I finally put up a new avatar! Five points to whoever can place it.
Eheh. Well, alright, so it wasn't anything earthshattering. I mean, I still havn't updated the fanart section of my site, or organized the archives into any semblance of sanity. Nothing like that.
Baby steps. Or maybe even zombie baby steps.
I'm getting around to a new av, but want to use this one until at least 5100 posts.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
meh - changed mine a couple of weeks ago... happy to stick with da monkey for the time being.
not that i'm lazy or nuthin'...
not that i'm lazy or nuthin'...
Magellan ... super hero cadets - their worst enemy is themselves!
Loxie and Zoot ... cos nudists have adventures too y'know!
Loxie and Zoot ... cos nudists have adventures too y'know!
>>
I associate avatars with personalities, so when I am about to read a post, my attention goes momentarily to the avatar to prejudge the content of the post. For this reason I do not use an avatar.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.
Re: >>
For the same reason I try to pick "good" avatars.Melody wrote:I associate avatars with personalities, so when I am about to read a post, my attention goes momentarily to the avatar to prejudge the content of the post. For this reason I do not use an avatar.
...he said, and hoped that people would judge him on his avatar girl's looks and not her sex life.
...he said, and moments later realized that in this particular picture her good looks aren't as blatantly obvious as usual. Then he stopped caring and ate some cake.
Hullo. This is the voice of AOD's avatar. You can call me Frank. I've just taken command of him, and boy is it messy in here! Anyhoo, regarding the previous avatar, that simpering useless goth girl thought she'd take a holiday to northern Romania, so I'm filling in. Wassup. Don't touch me, or I'll kill you with my duck. Yeeeeesssssss....
@~Frank
@~Frank
>>
I do not judge the avatar, I just use it as an ID. If some person is commonly annoying, I will prejudge their posts as annoying by seeing their avatar. Of course the same could be said of seeing their name, but their name has to actually be read. An avatar can be scanned instantly, saving precious time.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.









