Song Stuck In Your Head?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

We were born to be; Ali~ve.
We were born to be; Ali~~ve.
Born!
Born to be alive.
(Born to be alive)
You see we're born! Born! Born! Born!
(Born to be alive)

People ask me why I never find a place to stop and settle
Down down down!

But I never wanted all those things for people just to find a
Life life life!


*does the late 70s groove thang* Uhmf, oh yeah! Wooo! Dig it!

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

TheBladeRoden2 wrote:I've seen things! I've seen them with my eyes!

I've seen things! They're often in disguise!!
*promply shoots TBR2...

...repeatedly...

...with a .50 Magnum*

I can't get Shell (WHR theme) out of my head.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

I can't get Shell (WHR theme) out of my head.
I wish I could get that song stuck in my head. That or Haruka Kanata.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

brockway wrote:
I can't get Shell (WHR theme) out of my head.
I wish I could get that song stuck in my head. That or Haruka Kanata.
Haruka Kanata!
What a wonderful phrase,
Haruka Kanata!
Ain't just a Japanese craze,

It means long distance,
Or a far away plaaace....
It's like a problem-freee
hysterectomyyy...
...Haruka Kanata!

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

*shudders*
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Mr.Bob wrote:
brockway wrote:
I can't get Shell (WHR theme) out of my head.
I wish I could get that song stuck in my head. That or Haruka Kanata.
Haruka Kanata!
What a wonderful phrase,
Haruka Kanata!
Ain't just a Japanese craze,

It means long distance,
Or a far away plaaace....
It's like a problem-freee
hysterectomyyy...
...Haruka Kanata!
PINBALL WIZARD!!!
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

DarkMagician wrote: PINBALL WIZARD!!!
That deaf, dumb and blind kid SURE PLAYS A MEAN PIN-BAAWWWLLL!!!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

One summer evening drunk to hell
I sat there nearly lifeless
An old man in the corner sang
"Where watterlillies grow"
And on the juke-box Johnny sang
About a thing called love
And it's how are you kid
And what's your name
And how'd you bloody know
...
And a-rovin a-rovin a-rovin I go
For a pair of brown eyes
For a pair of brown eyes

User avatar
Chaos Cricket
Regular Poster
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:35 am
Location: State of Delusion
Contact:

Post by Chaos Cricket »

"And the band played on
As the helicopters whirred
Drunk on the lawn in a nuclear dawn
My senses finally blurred."


Good ol' Moxy Fruvous. They'll get me through this damn master's thesis yet!
~Chuck
Image
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing."
~Kingsley Amis

User avatar
Okie
Regular Poster
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Okie »

http://www.thecapricorns.com/sounds/the ... _girls.mp3 The Capricorns: Pretty Girls

Same situation
is running, running on
different relationships
running out of time

situation is running,
running on and on

I want to know what you think about the pretty girls
sticky tricky, are they real
touch them to be sure

something happened in my dream,
I love this world
pretty girls, pretty girls

hey baby where do you come from, come from?
i always see you in the ba-a-ack of my mind
baby where did you come from, co-ome from? fro-om?

I want to know what you think about the pretty girls
sticky tricky, are they real
touch them to be sure

something happened in my dream,
I love this world
pretty girls, pretty girls

pretty girls, pretty girls
pretty girls,
pretty girls, pretty girls
pretty girls...

Will I go to Hell for liking Synth-pop?

Esoterik
Regular Poster
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:15 pm

Post by Esoterik »

:( Actually my own song is stuck in my head right now.

And it doesn't even have any words yet. :-?

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Okie wrote:Will I go to Hell for liking Synth-pop?
Yes. Yes, you will.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Here's something to go to hell for:

I've been looking for a freedom
I've been looking for a freedom


By David Hasselhof

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

DarkMagician wrote:
Okie wrote:Will I go to Hell for liking Synth-pop?
Yes. Yes, you will.
And the only thing playing for all eternity will be a bad Erasure album.
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Okie
Regular Poster
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Okie »

And the only thing playing for all eternity will be a bad Erasure album.
Drat. I was hoping The Cramps would be the houseband in Hell.

In highschool, I discovered The Cramps, but none of my friends were fans. ALL my friends were Smiths fans. We were all surprised to discover that Morrissey was a Cramps fan...

June 1979 - RECORD MIRROR (UK)
Morrissey: "Who are the Cramps? They are the most beautiful, yes beautiful group I've ever seen. The fact that they exist is enough. Meanwhile Manchester will never be the same again (Thank God)."

30 June 1979 - SOUNDS (UK)
Short letter from Steven Morrissey about The Cramps: "The Cramps are worth their weight in gold for making the Police seem like a great big sloppy bowl of mush. The Police, hardly dabbling in degrees of the unexpected, presented a farcical imitation of their Rock Goes To College thing - several people clapped, but then, I suppose someone has to. The Cramps were enough to restore faith in the most spiritless. They have it all, and their drummer is the most compelling in rock history. Back to the Cramps or perish. It is written."

7 July 1979 - NME (UK)
Again another letter from Steven Morrissey praising the Cramps against The Police: "I've just seen the Cramps and they're at that funny stage. This is the kind of group that start revolutionary outrages and all that. Steven Morrissey, Kings Road, Manchester."


Pre-Smiths Morrissey co-managed a Cramps fanclub. Is this not nifty trivia?

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

My brain is currently afflicted with Dvorak

User avatar
Bright spark
Regular Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Post by Bright spark »

Song in my head all day:

The driedel song (i made you out of clay), but with "bagel" replacing "dreidel".
Go on, check it out


http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

bright spark wrote:Song in my head all day:

The driedel song (i made you out of clay), but with "bagel" replacing "dreidel".
The regular version, or the funny South Park chorus version?

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

It was just before dawn
One miserable morning in black '44
When the forward commander was told to sit tight
When he asked, that his men be withdrawn
And the Generals gave thanks as the other ranks
Held back the enemy tanks, for a while
And the Anzio bridgehead was held for the price
Of a few hundred ordinary lives...
Image

User avatar
Chaos Cricket
Regular Poster
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:35 am
Location: State of Delusion
Contact:

Post by Chaos Cricket »

sippan wrote:It was just before dawn
One miserable morning in black '44
When the forward commander was told to sit tight
When he asked, that his men be withdrawn
And the Generals gave thanks as the other ranks
Held back the enemy tanks, for a while
And the Anzio bridgehead was held for the price
Of a few hundred ordinary lives...
Ah, a not oft-heard Pink Floyde ditty...good choice.
~Chuck
Image
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing."
~Kingsley Amis

Post Reply