Great. 8)mcDuffies wrote:Oh, I think you will. And I agree.YarpsDat wrote:*quadruple posts*mcDuffies wrote: Then I'd better start running.
*double posts*
*triple posrs*
a-mwahahaha
BTW, how about we have a big fight!fight!fight! comic fight once (if) I catch up with you?
Dear god, I'm almost a commander!
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
I noticed your signatureYarpsDat wrote:Great. 8)mcDuffies wrote:Oh, I think you will. And I agree.YarpsDat wrote: *quadruple posts*
a-mwahahaha
BTW, how about we have a big fight!fight!fight! comic fight once (if) I catch up with you?
I thought it should rather go in _my_ sig.the sig wrote:I'll get you, YarpsDat, I'll get you if that's the last thing I do...
And I'm no longer that sure I'll catch up with you- I checked and during the pastt two weeks you've made more posts than I.
Either I should stop combining replies to different posts from one thread into one post (I open "quote" in new windows and paste them all into one), or you should start doing so.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
Dammit, I was trying to catch up with you, post-wise!mcDuffies wrote:Reason might be, I was studying for an important exam during past few weeks and rarely got out of house, and I was filling my breaks with strolling through forum, as a relacsation.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
- Plothole
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1056
- Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:23 pm
- Location: In the Kitchen.
- Contact:
Umm... he/she isn't banned anymore.mcDuffies wrote:If certain poster didn't use three accounts, he'd probably be the most likely to catch me. (if he wasn't banned)
(unless your talking about someone else with 3 accounts)
<i title="My Comic">Nyuterran Chronicles!</i> / <i title="My Art">Warped Deviations</i>
*promises to update within the next millenium*
*promises to update within the next millenium*
- Kisai
- Goddess of Light

- Posts: 3276
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: The Past, the Present, The future
- Contact:
I put comments beside the special ranks.
This is what I have so far:
Admiral (Forum Admin)
Commodore (Moderator)
Brig Resident (Banned)
Needs to Contact help@
Dead Humanoid Walking
Internet Janitor
Vice Admiral (Author)
Rear Admiral (Keenspace Wrangler)
Fleet Admiral (Server Admin)
Cadet (Newbie) 1
Ensign 21
Lt. Junior Grade 51
Lieutenant 101
Almost Lt. Commander 475
Lt. Commander 501
Just about a Commander 975
Commander 1001
Commander, that is almost Captain 4750
Captain 5001
Problem is that these ranks are really pulled from the StarTrek/US Navel rankings, and I really do not know what meaning they hold. I actually found a page that described which ones were administrative level and then moved those to special ranks.
This is what I have so far:
Admiral (Forum Admin)
Commodore (Moderator)
Brig Resident (Banned)
Needs to Contact help@
Dead Humanoid Walking
Internet Janitor
Vice Admiral (Author)
Rear Admiral (Keenspace Wrangler)
Fleet Admiral (Server Admin)
Cadet (Newbie) 1
Ensign 21
Lt. Junior Grade 51
Lieutenant 101
Almost Lt. Commander 475
Lt. Commander 501
Just about a Commander 975
Commander 1001
Commander, that is almost Captain 4750
Captain 5001
Problem is that these ranks are really pulled from the StarTrek/US Navel rankings, and I really do not know what meaning they hold. I actually found a page that described which ones were administrative level and then moved those to special ranks.
I noticed "Brig Resident" a couple days ago, but nothing else until this thread.
s'cool, though!
s'cool, though!
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Yay! I'm a Lt. Commander... again...
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Now Alive Again
Now Alive Again
Yeah, I'll be a commader for a little while longer.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
- Grabmygoblin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4062
- Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm
It's not personal. If I remember, you bacame a Lt. Commander at 100 (or 101) posts... which left a looooooong time until you bacame a commanfer. Now you have several different levels at a more regular schedule.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Drats, that means mcDuff will get there first! (He had about 2k of head start!)Kisai wrote: Captain 5001
I guess that means war!
Not that the postcount and rank really matter. With the recent postrates between 20-30 posts/day you can get the commander within a month.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
- KittyKatBlack
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 3182
- Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
- Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
- Contact:
Then the system needs eliminated, or modified.YarpsDat wrote:Not that the postcount and rank really matter. With the recent postrates between 20-30 posts/day you can get the commander within a month.
I propose giving ranks a comic name, with the lowest ranks being terrible comics (like "Heathcliff") and the higher being better comics (like "Far Side").
And all admins will have the rank of p*****, since they have the worst job on the board.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care




