Dear god, I'm almost a commander!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

mcDuffies wrote:
YarpsDat wrote:
mcDuffies wrote: Then I'd better start running.
*double posts*
*triple posrs*
*quadruple posts*
a-mwahahaha

BTW, how about we have a big fight!fight!fight! comic fight once (if) I catch up with you?
Oh, I think you will. And I agree.
Great. 8)
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

YarpsDat wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:
YarpsDat wrote: *quadruple posts*
a-mwahahaha

BTW, how about we have a big fight!fight!fight! comic fight once (if) I catch up with you?
Oh, I think you will. And I agree.
Great. 8)
I noticed your signature
the sig wrote:I'll get you, YarpsDat, I'll get you if that's the last thing I do...
I thought it should rather go in _my_ sig.

And I'm no longer that sure I'll catch up with you- I checked and during the pastt two weeks you've made more posts than I.

Either I should stop combining replies to different posts from one thread into one post (I open "quote" in new windows and paste them all into one), or you should start doing so.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Reason might be, I was studying for an important exam during past few weeks and rarely got out of house, and I was filling my breaks with strolling through forum, as a relacsation.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

mcDuffies wrote:Reason might be, I was studying for an important exam during past few weeks and rarely got out of house, and I was filling my breaks with strolling through forum, as a relacsation.
Dammit, I was trying to catch up with you, post-wise!
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

If certain poster didn't use three accounts, he'd probably be the most likely to catch me. (if he wasn't banned)

User avatar
Somesuch
Regular Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:29 pm
Location: Neverwhere.
Contact:

Post by Somesuch »

I'll be a commander soon, I will I will!
Is that so?

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

A the rate I'm posting, I should catch up just 10 years after the earth collides into the sun...
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Plothole
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: In the Kitchen.
Contact:

Post by Plothole »

mcDuffies wrote:If certain poster didn't use three accounts, he'd probably be the most likely to catch me. (if he wasn't banned)
Umm... he/she isn't banned anymore. :wink:

(unless your talking about someone else with 3 accounts)

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3276
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Post by Kisai »

I've changed the ranking system somewhat. See if you can figure it out.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Cadet now has (newbie) attached to it! And thats all I noticed so far.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3276
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Post by Kisai »

I put comments beside the special ranks.

This is what I have so far:

Admiral (Forum Admin)
Commodore (Moderator)
Brig Resident (Banned)
Needs to Contact help@
Dead Humanoid Walking
Internet Janitor
Vice Admiral (Author)
Rear Admiral (Keenspace Wrangler)
Fleet Admiral (Server Admin)

Cadet (Newbie) 1
Ensign 21
Lt. Junior Grade 51
Lieutenant 101
Almost Lt. Commander 475
Lt. Commander 501
Just about a Commander 975
Commander 1001
Commander, that is almost Captain 4750
Captain 5001

Problem is that these ranks are really pulled from the StarTrek/US Navel rankings, and I really do not know what meaning they hold. I actually found a page that described which ones were administrative level and then moved those to special ranks.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

I noticed "Brig Resident" a couple days ago, but nothing else until this thread.

s'cool, though!
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Somesuch
Regular Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:29 pm
Location: Neverwhere.
Contact:

Post by Somesuch »

Oooh, so soon I'll be Almost a Commander. Heh.
Is that so?

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

Yay! I'm a Lt. Commander... again...
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Yeah, I'll be a commader for a little while longer.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

I've been demoted... I think...
what did I do to deserve that?
Image

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

It's not personal. If I remember, you bacame a Lt. Commander at 100 (or 101) posts... which left a looooooong time until you bacame a commanfer. Now you have several different levels at a more regular schedule.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

Kisai wrote: Captain 5001
Drats, that means mcDuff will get there first! (He had about 2k of head start!)
I guess that means war! :evil:


Not that the postcount and rank really matter. With the recent postrates between 20-30 posts/day you can get the commander within a month.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

*coughs*


...What?

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

YarpsDat wrote:Not that the postcount and rank really matter. With the recent postrates between 20-30 posts/day you can get the commander within a month.
Then the system needs eliminated, or modified.

I propose giving ranks a comic name, with the lowest ranks being terrible comics (like "Heathcliff") and the higher being better comics (like "Far Side").

And all admins will have the rank of p*****, since they have the worst job on the board.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Post Reply