Keen Madness.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Post Reply
User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Image
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Yeahduff »

It came in, eh?

My god, it's already too late.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Yeah, I got a few days ago. Now I'm ready to go lower the property value in Detroit tomorrow.

Like it can get any lower than it already is, really.
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Yeahduff »

Haven't the people of Detroit suffered enough.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2291
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Ahaugen »

not till the Dead Wings come home to roost
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

User avatar
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3269
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Laemkral »

Yeahduff wrote:Haven't the people of Detroit suffered enough.
They live in Detroit. That should be punishment enough.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by McDuffies »

TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:Image
ACK D: IT'S ALIVE

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Yeahduff »

CROSBY REGION — ROUND TWO
1 McDuffies vs 3 Jim North Laemkral
McDuffies wrote:You're saying that just to get under my skin aren't you? :evil:
Laemkral wrote:
MixedMyth wrote:
McDuffies wrote:I watched Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and quite liked it.
Oo. I still need to see that! I'm hoping it'll be a little like Baron Munchhausen.
Damnit, I miss out on everything being in Germany. I really want to see that movie, but never hear when things come out.
The capacity arena came hoping to watch two mortal enemies shed blood, and instead were saddened by the news that Jim North is unable to compete tonight due to a tragic doombee accident.

After a moment to show respect for his fallen foe, the top-seeded McDuffies called out into the audience for a new challenger, the tragedy failing to quell his thirst for blood. After a good ten seconds of nervous muttering, Laemkral yelled out over the crowd, bravely accepting the challenge.

And not one second after stepping on the court does McDuffies thrust his fist through the foolish challenger's chest, removing his heart and slam dunking it through the hoop.

"This one's for you, Jim North," McDuffies said solemnly. "I'll join you in hell soon."

McDuffies 2
Laemkral 0
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by McDuffies »

I owe this victory to Legostar.

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Dr Legostar »

McDuffies wrote:I owe this victory to Legostar.
you're welcome.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Spaceprincess
Regular Poster
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: omicron persi i 8
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Spaceprincess »

that was rather anticlimactic...
it was set up to be this great battle and epic clash of legends. It could of been an epic struggle spanning page after astounding page of tremendous conflict. The very ether of the universe being torn to pieces in the wake of their violent, cosmic strife. we were ready for a battle between superman and darkseid but at the last minute darkseid was replaced by Mr. Mxyzptlk. Its as if standing out side the gates of Ilium Achilles calls out hector. But instead of a the legendary battle of antiquity out of the walled city of troy came Beetle Bailey and was utterly destroyed with out a struggle...
man what could have been...

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Yeahduff »

Way to drop the ball, North, ya dumbass.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by McDuffies »

What are you folks talking about? That was an epic victory! Like, thrice the size of "300"! Like "900"!

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Yeahduff »

Well, you're a top-seed going against some dude who didn't even make the tournament, so it's not quite that. But I do agree that if you're underwhelmed after witnessing some guy slam dunk his opponent's still-beating heart, you're just being picky.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3269
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Laemkral »

Dr Legostar wrote:
McDuffies wrote:I owe this victory to Legostar.
you're welcome.
Thanks a lot, boss. Way to sell me out. The day you cut your benefits package is the day I quit.
Spaceprincess wrote:that was rather anticlimactic...
it was set up to be this great battle and epic clash of legends. It could of been an epic struggle spanning page after astounding page of tremendous conflict. The very ether of the universe being torn to pieces in the wake of their violent, cosmic strife. we were ready for a battle between superman and darkseid but at the last minute darkseid was replaced by Mr. Mxyzptlk. Its as if standing out side the gates of Ilium Achilles calls out hector. But instead of a the legendary battle of antiquity out of the walled city of troy came Beetle Bailey and was utterly destroyed with out a struggle...
man what could have been...
You just compared me to Beetle Bailey. On principle alone, I believe I need to track you down and beat you. Mr. Mxyzptlk, not that horrible a comparison. But Beetle Bailey?? I AM A PROFESSIONAL, DAMN IT!!
Yeahduff wrote:Well, you're a top-seed going against some dude who didn't even make the tournament, so it's not quite that. But I do agree that if you're underwhelmed after witnessing some guy slam dunk his opponent's still-beating heart, you're just being picky.
Yeah, you people are WELCOME. Also, fuck you Duff. I know this is about the Detroit comment, and I stand by it.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Bustertheclown »

Laemkral wrote:
You just compared me to Beetle Bailey. On principle alone, I believe I need to track you down and beat you. Mr. Mxyzptlk, not that horrible a comparison. But Beetle Bailey?? I AM A PROFESSIONAL, DAMN IT!!
Don't knock Beetle Baily. He's been in the soldierin' business since before your parents were born.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3269
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Laemkral »

Bustertheclown wrote:
Laemkral wrote:
You just compared me to Beetle Bailey. On principle alone, I believe I need to track you down and beat you. Mr. Mxyzptlk, not that horrible a comparison. But Beetle Bailey?? I AM A PROFESSIONAL, DAMN IT!!
Don't knock Beetle Baily. He's been in the soldierin' business since before your parents were born.
And yet, he's still a Private. He's been flagged for so long, his buddies from boot camp are retired Command Sergeant Majors.
Also, no. No he hasn't. Both my parents were born before he was.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Bustertheclown »

Laemkral wrote: Also, no. No he hasn't. Both my parents were born before he was.
That could prompt some "yo mama's so old" jokes. Unfortunately, I'm not that creative.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Dr Legostar »

Bustertheclown wrote:
Laemkral wrote: Also, no. No he hasn't. Both my parents were born before he was.
That could prompt some "yo mama's so old" jokes. Unfortunately, I'm not that creative.
"Yo Mama's so old she was born before Beetle Bailey" ?
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: Keen Madness.

Post by Yeahduff »

Laemkral wrote: Yeah, you people are WELCOME. Also, fuck you Duff. I know this is about the Detroit comment, and I stand by it.
I'm expected to have remembered this conversation, aren't I?

In either case, don't blame me, it was McDuffies who decimated you by two points.
Laemkral wrote:
Bustertheclown wrote:
Laemkral wrote:
You just compared me to Beetle Bailey. On principle alone, I believe I need to track you down and beat you. Mr. Mxyzptlk, not that horrible a comparison. But Beetle Bailey?? I AM A PROFESSIONAL, DAMN IT!!
Don't knock Beetle Baily. He's been in the soldierin' business since before your parents were born.
And yet, he's still a Private. He's been flagged for so long, his buddies from boot camp are retired Command Sergeant Majors.
Dude, he's been hittin Ms. Buxley since 1971. You should be so lucky.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Post Reply