Guest Work Trade Off.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Post Reply
User avatar
Randyraven
Regular Poster
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am

Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Randyraven »

I'm New To Pic's...

Anywho, I'm on the lookout for some guest comics and I'd be more than willing to do one in return, (I've already done one for http://www.avernyght.com/). I was thinking about how one might go about making a guest strip for a comic such as mine that has almost no repeat characters and is basically just conversational pieces and I came up with an idea... Elaborate on one or two and create your own little short story about them.

(Examples of the one's I'd like to see done are http://randyraven.comicgenesis.com/d/20081029.html, http://randyraven.comicgenesis.com/d/20081210.html and http://randyraven.comicgenesis.com/d/20081113.html. The first two have been repeated in other comics entitled "Pluck 'n Draw" and "Tranquil Puddle". And you can go ahead and pick your own if you'd like to participate.)

I'd like to further emphasize on the fact that it doesn't have to look or feel anything like the comic. I encourage more than one page story lines as well as your own artistic take on the individuals (they don't have to have round heads and black eyes).

Any takers?
Image

User avatar
Julesville
Regular Poster
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Cabo Rojo, PR
Contact:

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Julesville »

Oh hell yeah, I love NTFL (as we fans call it), and I'd love to do a guest comic for one in return. I've already done one for Taking the Bypass - May 21, 2009, and I'm always looking to work with new artists. Count me in!
Image
Now with smaller banners!

User avatar
Tarts
Regular Poster
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Tarts »

I have never done anything like this in my entire life.
....count me in? :lol:
Image
"You're a guy! Why do you need to poo?" -Me

User avatar
Randyraven
Regular Poster
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Randyraven »

Cool. I get to do one about Audio/Visual stuff! Seeing that I worked as a Projectionist for a good 4 years and a wedding and school DJ for 2, I may have some actual input on that. I also get to do one involving anthropomorphous cats... I'll throw my cat in there... she's currently in heat... that aught to add some drama.

Any more? Anyone? You! Yes, you in the corner drawing on the sketch pad. Get up here and tell us your name.

User avatar
Julesville
Regular Poster
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Cabo Rojo, PR
Contact:

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Julesville »

Are you looking a specific date you need one by?
Image
Now with smaller banners!

Hooded-Crickets
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:44 pm

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Hooded-Crickets »

Yea, I would love to participate. But may need tell Sunday morning at the latest to provide. This work for you?

SJ

User avatar
Randyraven
Regular Poster
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Randyraven »

Julesville wrote:Are you looking a specific date you need one by?
Sorry, I didn't realize I didn't place an explanation for this.

*clears throat*

No. There is no specific date determined at the moment. There's another thing that caught my attention, what if everyone chooses the same set of characters!? MY GOD! THAT WOULD BE OUTLANDISHLY HORRIFIC! So, pm me the one's you're planning on doing. Unless you find no problem with miltiples... I don't know...

Opinions?
Image

User avatar
Randyraven
Regular Poster
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Randyraven »

Hooded-Crickets wrote:Yea, I would love to participate. But may need tell Sunday morning at the latest to provide. This work for you?
No problem what-so-ever.
Image

Hooded-Crickets
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:44 pm

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Hooded-Crickets »

It may be better if there where no repeats in characters for guest comic strips, however, if it happens, I do not think it would be too bad. Give me a day to think on the character sets and how I can use them in a strip. I will PM you tomorrow after work some time when I think I have come up with the best solution. Hopefully, it will be a set no one else picked.

User avatar
Randyraven
Regular Poster
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Randyraven »

Just so everyone else knows, Hooded-Crickets just claimed the One Eyed Man characters.
Image

User avatar
Randyraven
Regular Poster
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am

Re: Guest Work Trade Off.

Post by Randyraven »

BUMP
Image

Post Reply