Guest Work Trade Off.
- Randyraven
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am
Guest Work Trade Off.
I'm New To Pic's...
Anywho, I'm on the lookout for some guest comics and I'd be more than willing to do one in return, (I've already done one for http://www.avernyght.com/). I was thinking about how one might go about making a guest strip for a comic such as mine that has almost no repeat characters and is basically just conversational pieces and I came up with an idea... Elaborate on one or two and create your own little short story about them.
(Examples of the one's I'd like to see done are http://randyraven.comicgenesis.com/d/20081029.html, http://randyraven.comicgenesis.com/d/20081210.html and http://randyraven.comicgenesis.com/d/20081113.html. The first two have been repeated in other comics entitled "Pluck 'n Draw" and "Tranquil Puddle". And you can go ahead and pick your own if you'd like to participate.)
I'd like to further emphasize on the fact that it doesn't have to look or feel anything like the comic. I encourage more than one page story lines as well as your own artistic take on the individuals (they don't have to have round heads and black eyes).
Any takers?
Anywho, I'm on the lookout for some guest comics and I'd be more than willing to do one in return, (I've already done one for http://www.avernyght.com/). I was thinking about how one might go about making a guest strip for a comic such as mine that has almost no repeat characters and is basically just conversational pieces and I came up with an idea... Elaborate on one or two and create your own little short story about them.
(Examples of the one's I'd like to see done are http://randyraven.comicgenesis.com/d/20081029.html, http://randyraven.comicgenesis.com/d/20081210.html and http://randyraven.comicgenesis.com/d/20081113.html. The first two have been repeated in other comics entitled "Pluck 'n Draw" and "Tranquil Puddle". And you can go ahead and pick your own if you'd like to participate.)
I'd like to further emphasize on the fact that it doesn't have to look or feel anything like the comic. I encourage more than one page story lines as well as your own artistic take on the individuals (they don't have to have round heads and black eyes).
Any takers?
- Julesville
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 6:01 pm
- Location: Cabo Rojo, PR
- Contact:
Re: Guest Work Trade Off.
Oh hell yeah, I love NTFL (as we fans call it), and I'd love to do a guest comic for one in return. I've already done one for Taking the Bypass - May 21, 2009, and I'm always looking to work with new artists. Count me in!
- Tarts
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 201
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:17 pm
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Contact:
Re: Guest Work Trade Off.
I have never done anything like this in my entire life.
....count me in?
....count me in?
- Randyraven
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am
Re: Guest Work Trade Off.
Cool. I get to do one about Audio/Visual stuff! Seeing that I worked as a Projectionist for a good 4 years and a wedding and school DJ for 2, I may have some actual input on that. I also get to do one involving anthropomorphous cats... I'll throw my cat in there... she's currently in heat... that aught to add some drama.
Any more? Anyone? You! Yes, you in the corner drawing on the sketch pad. Get up here and tell us your name.
Any more? Anyone? You! Yes, you in the corner drawing on the sketch pad. Get up here and tell us your name.
- Julesville
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 6:01 pm
- Location: Cabo Rojo, PR
- Contact:
Re: Guest Work Trade Off.
Are you looking a specific date you need one by?
-
Hooded-Crickets
- Newbie
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:44 pm
Re: Guest Work Trade Off.
Yea, I would love to participate. But may need tell Sunday morning at the latest to provide. This work for you?
SJ
SJ
- Randyraven
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am
Re: Guest Work Trade Off.
Sorry, I didn't realize I didn't place an explanation for this.Julesville wrote:Are you looking a specific date you need one by?
*clears throat*
No. There is no specific date determined at the moment. There's another thing that caught my attention, what if everyone chooses the same set of characters!? MY GOD! THAT WOULD BE OUTLANDISHLY HORRIFIC! So, pm me the one's you're planning on doing. Unless you find no problem with miltiples... I don't know...
Opinions?
- Randyraven
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am
Re: Guest Work Trade Off.
No problem what-so-ever.Hooded-Crickets wrote:Yea, I would love to participate. But may need tell Sunday morning at the latest to provide. This work for you?
-
Hooded-Crickets
- Newbie
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:44 pm
Re: Guest Work Trade Off.
It may be better if there where no repeats in characters for guest comic strips, however, if it happens, I do not think it would be too bad. Give me a day to think on the character sets and how I can use them in a strip. I will PM you tomorrow after work some time when I think I have come up with the best solution. Hopefully, it will be a set no one else picked.
- Randyraven
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am
Re: Guest Work Trade Off.
Just so everyone else knows, Hooded-Crickets just claimed the One Eyed Man characters.
- Randyraven
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:21 am


