200 pages... or bust?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Phinmagic
Regular Poster
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

200 pages... or bust?

Post by Phinmagic »

I have been tearing it up this year, completing nearly 200 pages, my best year yet!

Here's the breakdown...


Sara: One shot Cover + 30 pages 31
Phin Boy Wiz Cover + 15 pages 16
Weirdlings Cover + 52 pages 53
The Path Backup 10 pages 10
Zombiehaus Cover + 11 pages 12
Xmas Special Cover + 30 pages 31
Chupacabra Cover + 16 pages 17
Comic Remix 1 page 1
Creephunter Cover + 11 pages 12
Phin and Cthulhu 1 page 1
Jaguar Paw 4 pages 4
Magic Council 3 pages 3
191

I feel like I failed if I don't reach the ambiguous 200, by years end. Is that stupid? I dunno. I just hope next year is as productive!

Barry
Barry
Image

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Post by Bustertheclown »

Man, CONGRATS! That's an achievement by anyone's standards, so sing it loud and proud.

I certainly don't think you'd fail if you don't do another nine in time. To put it in perspective, my finished page count for this year should stand at around 30. It hasn't been a good year for my cartooning. I hope to step it up quite a bit next year, and you've just officially become an inspiration to me.

Now, go finish another nine pages! You've only got two weeks left! :D
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Drugsmugglingcartoonist
Regular Poster
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:42 am
Location: England
Contact:

Post by Drugsmugglingcartoonist »

Anything just less than 200 and you've done brilliantly anyhow. Congratulations. But like you, if I was at 196 now I'd be wanting to hit the 200, so go for it, but don't beat yourself up in the slightest if you fall short.
Image
'Day of the Deal' - Every Sunday Night!

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

congrats... you make us all feel like lazy bums.

J/k sounds wonderful hopefully you can keep that up that spirit into oh eight.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

Man, I make 50 comics a year, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to get all 50 in on time this year. You rock my socks.
Image Image

User avatar
GeorgeComics
Regular Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:48 am
Location: California
Contact:

Post by GeorgeComics »

I squeezed out...117 this year. That's a major improvement over the ten I put out last year. Nobody's a failure if they're happy with what they do!
Image

User avatar
Mon Ami
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:27 pm
Location: Bringing on the PAIN
Contact:

Post by Mon Ami »

I don't think I've managed even a hundred this year so 196 is an amazing feat, ongradulations!
Image

User avatar
TheWhiteWilSmith
Regular Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:43 pm
Contact:

Post by TheWhiteWilSmith »

As of Christmas Eve this year I'll have hit exactly 100 since my inception in May, and I still feel like I could've done more.

Still just shy of 200 is feckin' impressive.
Image

User avatar
Lady Yate-xel
Regular Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Stikoda
Contact:

Post by Lady Yate-xel »

I'm going to hit 100 on December 31st since my start in June. If I were you, I'd be gunning for 200 - it's too close to not try. :D

*waves banners and such*
"And I will dance before the lightning to music sacred and profane...!"

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

i make about 260 a year, but then the way i do it is much easier and less time consuming that his whole "drawing" shtick.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

Post by Pimpette »

Pimpette's been up for about four years now and I still haven't hit 200. XD

Shenanigan will have been up for a year next month.. we've barely got ten pages.
If I keep this up Lego is going to beat me with a sledgehammer... >_>


So... congrats! Keep it up, but don't forget to have fun in the meantime.
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Pimpette wrote: Shenanigan will have been up for a year next month.. we've barely got ten pages.
If I keep this up Lego is going to beat me with a sledgehammer... >_>
no, if i do that it'll never get drawn.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Birdie
Keeps telling everyone stuff
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:50 am
Location: With your mom
Contact:

Post by Birdie »

Wow I did 64 updates this year. I'm both shocked, amazed and sad. I was hoping to be a little closer to the 100 mark by the end of the year. Well there is always next year.

*New Years resolution, funny SFF comics... lots of 'em
"I find the first strip on this site incredibly offensive and awful" - Scott Kurtz
SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

Post by Pimpette »

legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote: Shenanigan will have been up for a year next month.. we've barely got ten pages.
If I keep this up Lego is going to beat me with a sledgehammer... >_>
no, if i do that it'll never get drawn.
Whew... I'm safe.
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Pimpette wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote: Shenanigan will have been up for a year next month.. we've barely got ten pages.
If I keep this up Lego is going to beat me with a sledgehammer... >_>
no, if i do that it'll never get drawn.
Whew... I'm safe.
yes, but you should be drawing.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Birdie
Keeps telling everyone stuff
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:50 am
Location: With your mom
Contact:

Post by Birdie »

legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote:
legostargalactica wrote: no, if i do that it'll never get drawn.
Whew... I'm safe.
yes, but you should be drawing.
Naw just sit there and look cute. I'd pay to see that :)
"I find the first strip on this site incredibly offensive and awful" - Scott Kurtz
SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

supernerdcore wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote: Whew... I'm safe.
yes, but you should be drawing.
Naw just sit there and look cute. I'd pay to see that :)
don't make me hurt you, birdie, i like you, i don't want to have to damage you.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Legion of Boom
Regular Poster
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: Space City, USA
Contact:

Post by Legion of Boom »

Keep on truckin' Barry! The first 200 strips are the toughest. Kinda like making your first million $$$. :P
Image

User avatar
Eve Z.
Dead Humanoid Walking
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:55 am
Location: At the Morgue =P
Contact:

Post by Eve Z. »

84 this year for SL + 37 for Ted Pax would make a victorious 121 pages. for now. ;)

I never thought about how many pages I've done this year, but thanks! :D
Image
...what goes around, comes around.

User avatar
Kaloo
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:18 pm
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by Kaloo »

Not that I'm anywhere near that... but if I did... I'd feel like a failure, not that you should. I think it's just that you want to get to 200 because you're so close.

Post Reply