Severed Ties ------->The current arc
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
- Bloodied Fox
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 am
- Location: Jolly Old England
- Never Mayhem
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:56 pm
- Location: Hell, in the vestibule, instantly regreting everything
- Karl Falcon
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: The cold, white- er.. sunny, green Northeast PA
Invisible, eh? I can remember having similar thoughts through most of high school. The triple threat of growing like a weed, being built like a 19th century strongman, and attending a school with a dressy casual (button-down shirt and slacks) dress code always made me pretty self-conscious. I loathe Kakhis. Graduating and being able to wear jeans, t-shirts, and sandals full-time if I so chose was liberation.
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
I like the way the background is white with black kind of "oozing" down, like in the last picture of the panel. I think its a clever way of making the reader see when something shocking or upsetting is revealed to a character. Can almost hear background music going along with fade to black. You know, the kind they use in soaps when Jake finds out his girlfriend Michelle is actually a Micheal, just before the show goes off for the day.
Do not toy with the future, for it is a devious thing
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Hehe, I know the cartoon you're talking about. I would say that shows my age but fortunately the Cartoon Network is around to keep toons like that on the air.theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I like those oozy backgrounds. It reminds me of Shannon Wheeler and Dave Cooper. And that creepy Daffy Duck cartoon in which Bugs Bunny screws with Daffy.
Do not toy with the future, for it is a devious thing
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
- JTigerclaw
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1844
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
- Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
- Contact:
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
- Paul Escobar
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1024
- Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
- Location: State of Flux
Huh, I'd assume said lounge was named after Maine. But apparently, I'm missing an in-joke somewhere. That seems to happen quite a lot with this comic. You elitist bastards.Col wrote:It probably wouldn't stick out to anyone who didn't go to our school.
Cool page, btw. The bagel strikes again.
Infants run the CG server?JTigerclaw wrote:Also, if the CG server breaks again, I'm going to punch the first infant I see.
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Oh there's no in-joke here. It's really the Main Lounge, but if someone didn't go to our school, there's no reason for them to beleive that it couldn't be the Maine Lounge. I have a lot of references that only a few people would get, but I make sure they're things that aren't major to the plot. They're mainly things that people who know would just go, "heh, I remember that." But to anyone else it would just be like a sign on the wall.
I was hoping the bagel would be visable. It'll be clearer I hope when I finish the page.
I was hoping the bagel would be visable. It'll be clearer I hope when I finish the page.
Nah, they run on little hamster wheels that power the server.Paul Escobar wrote:Infants run the CG server?JTigerclaw wrote:Also, if the CG server breaks again, I'm going to punch the first infant I see.
- JTigerclaw
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1844
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
- Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
- Contact:
I guess a couple of them got whipped to death and stopped running and therefore, the server doesn't run as well now. Basically, we need more hamsters. That will fix things.Col wrote:With whips.theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Nah, they run on little hamster wheels that power the server.Paul Escobar wrote: Infants run the CG server?



