Severed Ties ------->The current arc

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.
User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Heh, this flashback occurs in 1997 in case anyone's wondering. Though not much has changed it seems.
Image

User avatar
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 am
Location: Jolly Old England

Post by Bloodied Fox »

And now we jump from 'creepy' to 'really creepy'. Remind me never to lose weight >_>
Image
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

User avatar
Never Mayhem
Regular Poster
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:56 pm
Location: Hell, in the vestibule, instantly regreting everything

Post by Never Mayhem »

Li has betes? Man... it never ends with him. When are there gonna be TEoT T-shirts?
"I cannot read the Bible in the dark."

User avatar
Karl Falcon
Regular Poster
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:57 am
Location: The cold, white- er.. sunny, green Northeast PA

Post by Karl Falcon »

Invisible, eh? I can remember having similar thoughts through most of high school. The triple threat of growing like a weed, being built like a 19th century strongman, and attending a school with a dressy casual (button-down shirt and slacks) dress code always made me pretty self-conscious. I loathe Kakhis. Graduating and being able to wear jeans, t-shirts, and sandals full-time if I so chose was liberation.

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

Yikes.

(invisIble) :shifty:

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Updater seems broken. Oh well, it's only a pencilled page at this point.
Image

User avatar
Necrobe
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:10 pm
Contact:

Post by Necrobe »

I like the way the background is white with black kind of "oozing" down, like in the last picture of the panel. I think its a clever way of making the reader see when something shocking or upsetting is revealed to a character. Can almost hear background music going along with fade to black. You know, the kind they use in soaps when Jake finds out his girlfriend Michelle is actually a Micheal, just before the show goes off for the day.
Do not toy with the future, for it is a devious thing

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I like those oozy backgrounds. It reminds me of Shannon Wheeler and Dave Cooper. And that creepy Daffy Duck cartoon in which Bugs Bunny screws with Daffy.
Image

User avatar
Necrobe
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:10 pm
Contact:

Post by Necrobe »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I like those oozy backgrounds. It reminds me of Shannon Wheeler and Dave Cooper. And that creepy Daffy Duck cartoon in which Bugs Bunny screws with Daffy.
Hehe, I know the cartoon you're talking about. I would say that shows my age but fortunately the Cartoon Network is around to keep toons like that on the air.
Do not toy with the future, for it is a devious thing

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Keenspace is broken again.
Image

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Server is broken again. Here's the unfinished page that I was talking about that didn't go up:
Image
Image

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

Ahhh, I like the effect of inked characters against penciled backgrounds. I don't know why, but it's pretty cool to me.

Also, if the CG server breaks again, I'm going to punch the first infant I see. Lucky for them I don't leave the house much.
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

Nice lines. "Maine" Lounge?

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Yeah, It was originally a mistake, but I though it sounded funnier to leave it that way. Not sure if I should leave it though.
Image

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

It probably wouldn't stick out to anyone who didn't go to our school. Just making sure it was something you'd noticed. I say leave it; I kind of like it too.

User avatar
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: State of Flux

Post by Paul Escobar »

Col wrote:It probably wouldn't stick out to anyone who didn't go to our school.
Huh, I'd assume said lounge was named after Maine. But apparently, I'm missing an in-joke somewhere. That seems to happen quite a lot with this comic. You elitist bastards.

Cool page, btw. The bagel strikes again.
JTigerclaw wrote:Also, if the CG server breaks again, I'm going to punch the first infant I see.
Infants run the CG server?

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Oh there's no in-joke here. It's really the Main Lounge, but if someone didn't go to our school, there's no reason for them to beleive that it couldn't be the Maine Lounge. I have a lot of references that only a few people would get, but I make sure they're things that aren't major to the plot. They're mainly things that people who know would just go, "heh, I remember that." But to anyone else it would just be like a sign on the wall.

I was hoping the bagel would be visable. It'll be clearer I hope when I finish the page.
Paul Escobar wrote:
JTigerclaw wrote:Also, if the CG server breaks again, I'm going to punch the first infant I see.
Infants run the CG server?
Nah, they run on little hamster wheels that power the server.
Image

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:
Paul Escobar wrote:
JTigerclaw wrote:Also, if the CG server breaks again, I'm going to punch the first infant I see.
Infants run the CG server?
Nah, they run on little hamster wheels that power the server.
With whips.

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

Col wrote:
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:
Paul Escobar wrote: Infants run the CG server?
Nah, they run on little hamster wheels that power the server.
With whips.
I guess a couple of them got whipped to death and stopped running and therefore, the server doesn't run as well now. Basically, we need more hamsters. That will fix things.
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

In the meantime, put the infants in there.

Post Reply