BARS

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

Why is toxic's bar so messed up? It's like a barcode.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

Mooman wrote:
T'would be nicer if they showed progression to the next title, rather than progress as a whole, but I imagine that might be tricky to do. Either way, it's something to post things about and raise the ol' postcount, so hurrah!
Well, that is possible. It'd probably take all day to produce and result in over 1000 individual ranks in the database and I don't know what effects such an overload would have on the forum, but it is possible.
Mooman wrote: Also, stop changing your title all the time just 'cause you can.
All it does is display the truth.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Mine's...uh...pretty full.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

Well they're interesting and all, but I don't really see the point :-? .
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Mercury Hat wrote:Well they're interesting and all, but I don't really see the point :-? .
It's to make some of us feel more secure about ourselves and others less secure.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

I can do that without having to use a rank bar as a crutch thank-you-very-much :D.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Mercury Hat wrote:I can do that without having to use a rank bar as a crutch thank-you-very-much :D.
Well you're not always there to make people feel insecure about their place in the forum, they need the constant reminder.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

I would have hoped I'd left enough emotional trauma that it wouldn't matter whether I was present at the time or not.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Mercury Hat wrote:I would have hoped I'd left enough emotional trauma that it wouldn't matter whether I was present at the time or not.
This is apparantly not the case. Perhaps you're just not working hard enough, or today's n00bs are just more resiliant.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

It's a life meter, like in a video game. It shoulda been composed of hearts like in Zelda.
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Okay, see now i'm imagining all the people with low post counts making that annoying beeping sound.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

Just imagine that they haven't found as many heart pieces as you yet.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Just cheat and buy the Comic Genesis strategy guide.
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Just cheat and buy the Comic Genesis strategy guide.
Like Warren did?
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

legostargalactica wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Just cheat and buy the Comic Genesis strategy guide.
Like Warren did?
Exactly. What an honorless jerkbag.
Let's zap mcduffies too.
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Just cheat and buy the Comic Genesis strategy guide.
Like Warren did?
Exactly. What an honorless jerkbag.
Let's zap mcduffies too.
Just let me go find my hookshot.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Rock_dash
NOTHING
Posts: 2363
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:37 am

Post by Rock_dash »

*posts knowing his bar will be small and inadiquate* :(

Beep beep beep beep

Did anyone notice McDuffies' bar? It's empty! =D
Image

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Okay, what did I end up with.

*posts*
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
CaptainClaude
Witty British President
Posts: 5647
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
Contact:

Post by CaptainClaude »

Hey! They're full of sweet sweet mercury! *cracks it open and downs it*

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

I agree... hearts would rock. that or change all the custom titles and make them say things like "Powering Up" or "HP: 375/800" or something!!
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

Locked