VOTE: Final Alternative Name for Keen/Toonspace
- Steverules
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1710
- Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
- Contact:
Yeah, that would be awesome. But would there be problems with Vasquez (since we're taking it from his comic)?Col wrote:I totally support the idea of the Doombees being our mascot, while our name be ComicGenesis. Begin your comic here, and get protection from the doombees! Guaranteed! And free!
ComicGenesis gets my vote. : )
I didn't know that's where it came from.Rianeva wrote:Yeah, that would be awesome. But would there be problems with Vasquez (since we're taking it from his comic)?Col wrote:I totally support the idea of the Doombees being our mascot, while our name be ComicGenesis. Begin your comic here, and get protection from the doombees! Guaranteed! And free!
ComicGenesis gets my vote. : )
...We could have WarWasps instead...
- Mercury Hat
- Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

- Posts: 5608
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
- Location: Hello city.
- Contact:
- MariaAndMichelle
- Cartoon Henchgirls
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
- Location: Together
- Contact:
- Sam_Charette
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 861
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:58 pm
- Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
- The Neko
- A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
- Posts: 3878
- Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
- Location: New York City
I like both "ComicGenesis" and "SharpComics", but I find SharpComics easier to say. I like the slight cacophony, and I like it when "comics" is the 2nd part of the title (along with a plural).
Genesis implies a beginning, which is accurate, but I don't want to create the image that we're only "beginners" no matter how far we get along with our works.
They're both good names, but one won out over the other.
And I agree that DoomBees is a dumb name. Imagine trying to tell someone about your site. 1) It's a weird name, 2) is a little too euphonic and 3) people often have trouble spelling euphonic words. It's also waaaay too niche.
Genesis implies a beginning, which is accurate, but I don't want to create the image that we're only "beginners" no matter how far we get along with our works.
They're both good names, but one won out over the other.
And I agree that DoomBees is a dumb name. Imagine trying to tell someone about your site. 1) It's a weird name, 2) is a little too euphonic and 3) people often have trouble spelling euphonic words. It's also waaaay too niche.
jag saknar självförtroende
- Spectre_General
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:16 pm
So, what, we aren't a part of the Keen family any more? It seems that having Keen in the name was never even an option. Oh well.
Anyway, though I'm all about the chaoschronicles.comicgen.com, I also would like to throw my support behind having a Doombee on the main page, though I have no idea where the idea came from, or why it's here.
Anyway, though I'm all about the chaoschronicles.comicgen.com, I also would like to throw my support behind having a Doombee on the main page, though I have no idea where the idea came from, or why it's here.
- Tears
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 295
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:28 am
- Location: keeping watch for the minions of sanity
- Contact:
I voted DreamCosmos... admittedly because it would work as an insider joke for my own comic (very very insider, approximately four people other than me would get it... maybe)... which ok, dumb reasoning, but no one else likes the name anyway so it's not a problem...
Warning: this poster is addicted to ellipses...
I have a web comic called Tears of Eternity if you don't look you'll never know if you would have liked it.
I have a web comic called Tears of Eternity if you don't look you'll never know if you would have liked it.
- Chibiartstudios
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 978
- Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
- Location: Right behind you!
- Contact:
ComicGenesis all the way!
And I noticed that alot of people where complaining about the lack of info given to spacers.
WELL! It just so happens that we make this handy dandy monthly Newsletter for all your info needs! We'll be haveing an assload of stuff in the next update all about this!
*gets shot for pluging in public*
And I noticed that alot of people where complaining about the lack of info given to spacers.
WELL! It just so happens that we make this handy dandy monthly Newsletter for all your info needs! We'll be haveing an assload of stuff in the next update all about this!
*gets shot for pluging in public*
- Pillywiggin
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 1369
- Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:05 am















