Wildcard!

User avatar
The JAM
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2281
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico...
Contact:

Wildcard!

Post by The JAM »

[...unWARP!!!]

Good evening.


WILDCARD, LIGHTNING!!!

WILDCARD, FREEZE!!!

WILDCARD, LIGHT SCIMITAR!!!

WILDCARD, FLAME!!!

WILDCARD, NOISE!!!


and of course:

Wildcard, state solar time!!


Nice ring to it. By the way "Wildcard" or "Wild Kaarde" is the name of a character in "Heir to the Empire", a Star Wars novel.



Nome
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:55 am

Post by Nome »

Actually, IIRC, the Wild Kaarde is actually a ship, owned by one Captain Kaarde. And the spelling on that looks weird to me either way. Karrde? Kardde?

Bigdude
Regular Poster
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:44 pm

Post by Bigdude »

I still like "Purple Pain"....

User avatar
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2780
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: Right here for now.

Post by Sharuuk »

Perfect name since he has no idea (yet) just WHAT it'll do whenever he triggers it.....it truely becomes his "wildcard/ace-in-the-hole" so to speak.

And Irons needs to present that loaner sword to Colin as a gift.....I don't give a crap what it's "collectable value" is.


Shaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!

User avatar
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1439
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:52 pm
Location: In a small tower on the southern side of the college

Post by BlasTech »

KEWL IT HAS A NAME!

and although i liked purple nightlight myself, wildcard sounds more like the adventurous name it deserves.

Still, im gonna miss that sales pitch *sniff*

Greatdane
Regular Poster
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:59 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Greatdane »

Perhaps the voice lives on dispite of the namegiving, If, as some has proposed as a theory, the sword has a sort of artificial intelligence then it will start to talk at one time. Then it would use the adverticing voice.

That would be cool :D

User avatar
Astral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:15 am
Location: "I am the terror, that flaps in the night!"
Contact:

Post by Astral »

WildCard, now THAT'S a sword name! :D

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

I'd buy that for a dollar.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

Squirrelly61104
Regular Poster
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:11 am
Location: Sitting up and facing forward. Why?

I dub thee...

Post by Squirrelly61104 »

I dub thee... Wildcard!
I say to thee... hit the dirt!!! :o
Gut reaction, but something tells me that finalizing the sale is gonna involve pyrotechnics of some sort!
Also, I like the idea of Quentyn shouting out something like 'Wildcard, flaming lance attack!' just before he invokes the swords power. His enemy will immidiately defend against some sort of fire attack, while the sword will likely do anything but what Quentyn has asked for. :lol:
Remember, a confused enemy is... uhmm... ahhh... what was I saying?
You can fool some of the people all of the time
And all of the people some of the time
But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

WOW!!!!!!! THAT IS COOL!!!! WILDCARD!!!! THAT IS THE PERFECT NAME!!!!! SO COOL!!! WOW!!! I AM STILL GEEKING OVER THAT!! ........woooo. I need to go sit down....
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1807
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
Contact:

Post by Shyal_malkes »

"i dub the, wildcard"

two words: it fits

two words: nice name

two words: now what?

nuf' said
I still say the doctor did it....

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

That's six.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

Madmoonie wrote:WOW!!!!!!! THAT IS COOL!!!! WILDCARD!!!! THAT IS THE PERFECT NAME!!!!! SO COOL!!! WOW!!! I AM STILL GEEKING OVER THAT!! ........woooo. I need to go sit down....
Where's the tranq gun?
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1807
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
Contact:

Post by Shyal_malkes »

Madmoonie wrote:That's six.
so i can't count, actually i thougth of too many two word phrases that seemed to fit so i decided to include more then one of them.

two words: that's six
I still say the doctor did it....

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

shyal_malkes wrote:
Madmoonie wrote:That's six.
so i can't count, actually i thougth of too many two word phrases that seemed to fit so i decided to include more then one of them.

two words: that's six
You all need serious mental help. :D
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

CasVeg
Regular Poster
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:06 am

Post by CasVeg »

SolidusRaccoon wrote:You all need serious mental help.
When the crazy guy thinks you need help. . .

Bargamer
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Bargamer »

Sweet, sweet, name. Rare, to find a kid that actually has a sense of good taste. Hrm. That's sorta my question too, what's next on the menu?

PS: What does he need a sword for? He's got a perfectly good sharp pointy stick, given to him from the Brownies. And is it obvious I haven't had breakfast yet? XD

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

CasVeg wrote:
SolidusRaccoon wrote:You all need serious mental help.
When the crazy guy thinks you need help. . .
So I am the resident crazy guy? Yippie. Now to go talk to the microwave.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

CasVeg
Regular Poster
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:06 am

Post by CasVeg »

SolidusRaccoon wrote:So I am the resident crazy guy? Yippie. Now to go talk to the microwave.
Actually, I've always considered you to be a fountain of good sense with a sparkling wit. Granted, that sparkle is often reminiscent of a fuse burning. . .

Mwalimu
Regular Poster
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: Bloomington, IL
Contact:

Post by Mwalimu »

bigdude wrote:I still like "Purple Pain"....
Hmmm... at least it's better than "The Artifact Formerly Known as Pigsticker"

Post Reply