Cookie Monster

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Kirb
A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 am
Location: I'll wrestle you for him.
Contact:

Cookie Monster

Post by Kirb »

ImageImage
*^*^*^*^* http://spacejunkarlia.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Comic
*^*^*^*^* http://deadgeargame.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Game
Image Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."
Image

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

It's certainly weird thinking of the Cookie Monster as a healthy eater, but I can't really fault the creators of a children's program for feeling the need to be socially conscientious.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

If you think that's bad, check out today's comic.
Image

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Mate, I remember when Elmo first turned up as an annoying little red monster who got in everyone's way. Things change. Isn't Bert gay now?
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

Who the fuck is Hoots the Owl?! He's destroying Sesame Street... THAT'S MY JOB!

Bert's homosexuality isn't really recognized as being "a part of the show", for the most part it's an ambiguous characteristic of him. I think snopes has an article or two about Sesame Street.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Van Douchebag wrote:If you think that's bad, check out today's comic.
I almost fell out of my chair when I read that this morning, Van. Fan-Freakin-tastic!


Also, yes, it's about time cookie monster got into a 12 step program about his cookie problems. His friends have been worried.

America isn't going to help obese children by harping at them on sesame street, but it's a nice start.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

Must they destroy everything I used to love? :(
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Cortland
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1202
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Bellevue, Neb.
Contact:

Post by Cortland »

Wow, this is bringing back so many childhood memories. Anybody remember when everybody thought Mr. Snufulupugus was just Big Bird's imaginary friend and nobody believed he really existed? Elmo was the one who helped expose him. I also remember when Mr. Hooper died. That was sad.

And I believe Cookie Monster is known for eating just about anything available, including foam props, drywall, and cookies.
Image Image

User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office
Contact:

Post by IVstudios »

This isn't the first time Cookie Monster has been on a heal food kick. I remember him doing a "Health food rap,

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

cortland wrote:Wow, this is bringing back so many childhood memories. Anybody remember when everybody thought Mr. Snufulupugus was just Big Bird's imaginary friend and nobody believed he really existed? Elmo was the one who helped expose him. I also remember when Mr. Hooper died. That was sad.

And I believe Cookie Monster is known for eating just about anything available, including foam props, drywall, and cookies.
Damn I didn't know Snufulupugus was thought of as Big Bird's imaginary friend. I never saw that once in the years i've been watching Sesame Street.

Let's see I do remember the fire that happened, those two people getting married (Gina and Hector was it?), and I remember Big Bird waiting for Santa Clause.
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Dutch! wrote:Isn't Bert gay now?
People always suspected that Bert and Ernie had a thing going. Just because 2 guys live together, people always have to think dirty thoughts.



Bert is totally a bottom.
Image

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:
Dutch! wrote:Isn't Bert gay now?
People always suspected that Bert and Ernie had a thing going. Just because 2 guys live together, people always have to think dirty thoughts.



Bert is totally a bottom.
You figure? I always thought of Ernie as wearing the collar in the family.




What?
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

JPSloan wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:
Dutch! wrote:Isn't Bert gay now?
People always suspected that Bert and Ernie had a thing going. Just because 2 guys live together, people always have to think dirty thoughts.



Bert is totally a bottom.
You figure? I always thought of Ernie as wearing the collar in the family.




What?
It's all just a front; what Bert really wants is to be dominated.
Image

User avatar
Tim
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: State of WA, formerly MA
Contact:

Post by Tim »

K-Dawg wrote:
cortland wrote:Wow, this is bringing back so many childhood memories. Anybody remember when everybody thought Mr. Snufulupugus was just Big Bird's imaginary friend and nobody believed he really existed? Elmo was the one who helped expose him. I also remember when Mr. Hooper died. That was sad.

And I believe Cookie Monster is known for eating just about anything available, including foam props, drywall, and cookies.
Damn I didn't know Snufulupugus was thought of as Big Bird's imaginary friend. I never saw that once in the years i've been watching Sesame Street.

Let's see I do remember the fire that happened, those two people getting married (Gina and Hector was it?), and I remember Big Bird waiting for Santa Clause.
Damn, now I feel old. That was the whole thing when Snuffy was first introduced, that he was Big Bird's "imaginary" friend, who always managed to disappear whenever anyone else approached. It was a huge deal when he was finally revealed (including to Phil Donahue, I believe).
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:
JPSloan wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote: People always suspected that Bert and Ernie had a thing going. Just because 2 guys live together, people always have to think dirty thoughts.



Bert is totally a bottom.
You figure? I always thought of Ernie as wearing the collar in the family.




What?
It's all just a front; what Bert really wants is to be dominated.
Come to think of it, you're right. All that aggressive proactive lifestyle he leads, when he gets home at the end of a good educational program, all he really needs is a ballgag and some e-stim.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
Cortland
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1202
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Bellevue, Neb.
Contact:

Post by Cortland »

K-Dawg wrote:
cortland wrote:Wow, this is bringing back so many childhood memories. Anybody remember when everybody thought Mr. Snufulupugus was just Big Bird's imaginary friend and nobody believed he really existed? Elmo was the one who helped expose him. I also remember when Mr. Hooper died. That was sad.

And I believe Cookie Monster is known for eating just about anything available, including foam props, drywall, and cookies.
Damn I didn't know Snufulupugus was thought of as Big Bird's imaginary friend. I never saw that once in the years i've been watching Sesame Street.

Let's see I do remember the fire that happened, those two people getting married (Gina and Hector was it?), and I remember Big Bird waiting for Santa Clause.
Those guys must've come on the scene way after my time. When I grew out of watching the show, the regular human (non-Muppet) cast consisted of Gordon, his wife Olivia, Luis, his wife (Maria, I think), and Bob (the token white guy).
Image Image

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

My bad they were call Luis and Maria...why the hell did I think of Hector? Who the hell is Hector?
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Under your skin
Contact:

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

At least he hasn't put on corrective eye glasses, combed his fur, and changed his name to Carrot Monster.
ImageImage

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

this still isn't as bad as the loonatics. this is kinda like "gotta put the ducky down", the educational song about... er.. putting the rubber ducky down so you can play your saxamaphone. cookie monster still loves cookies, but he now knows the bensfits if fruits and veggies. it's just cookies taste better.
Image

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

JPSloan wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:
JPSloan wrote: You figure? I always thought of Ernie as wearing the collar in the family.




What?
It's all just a front; what Bert really wants is to be dominated.
Come to think of it, you're right. All that aggressive proactive lifestyle he leads, when he gets home at the end of a good educational program, all he really needs is a ballgag and some e-stim.
Not that we're against the Bert/Ernie thing (seriously, us, AGAINST man-love?), but aren't they brothers?
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

Locked