I wish I had this much patience for all of my other stuff. ~3 hours, and I hope you don't mind, Humbug, but I re-rendered the lines so I could work at high resolution. Hence why they may look a bit different.
I'm an inker expert for lineart but a lame colorist. Here's one for you guys to try out. You might need to convert this lineart into RGB before you start coloring it. Oh yeah, I believe you guys should know how to resize your work after you completed coloring eh?
CapitanG wrote:I wish I had this much patience for all of my other stuff. ~3 hours, and I hope you don't mind, Humbug, but I re-rendered the lines so I could work at high resolution. Hence why they may look a bit different.
Blah! Three hours, time to call quits. Mostly I was making a shoddy repair to the lighting - I thought the lass's right leg was her right arm (still do actually O.o ), realised my mistake an hour in, did a bad repair and everything went to pot, ho hum, looks nice in black and white... Original Monster Size.
I'm sorry RA, the coloring on your picture is pretty good, but what the heck is up with her right foot. It makes me (someone who twists her ankle a lot) cringe just to look at it...
I think it's just that TLH drew her toes facing the wrong way. I think. *shrug* I'm not that good with anatomy myself, thanks for the compliment on the colouring though :)
Aww, thanks. Glad the three hardest things for me turned out ok :'D I tried like 3 million different directions for the background before I finally found one that worked. The blood was crazy fun, played with it for about an hour. It was even purple at one point to entertain myself. XD I am normally quite terrible at eyes, but I decided to try and make them stand out this time, glad you liked them.
*craves more lineart to colour, eyes the thread and takes one*
That's an awesome job, LAGtheNoggin. She practically glows.
Here's my take on your character, Eunice. When I finished coloring him, he really needed a background so I threw one in. It was a tossup between rain and lightning - but since I can't draw lightning, you got rain Oh, and ignore the fact that the grass isn't backlit ...
bluebug wrote:Here's my take on your character, Eunice. When I finished coloring him, he really needed a background so I threw one in. It was a tossup between rain and lightning - but since I can't draw lightning, you got rain Oh, and ignore the fact that the grass isn't backlit ...
OooooOOOoooo... That's just too awesome! Thank you so much!! Hey, how did ya know the character I drew had green hair? LoL! I really like the way you did the blade. It looks very realistic there. You know what? We should do some collabs some times. Oh, I'll post up a fanart of your character for you soon in return for your incredible coloring job!
Eunice_P wrote: OooooOOOoooo... That's just too awesome! Thank you so much!! Hey, how did ya know the character I drew had green hair? LoL! I really like the way you did the blade. It looks very realistic there. You know what? We should do some collabs some times. Oh, I'll post up a fanart of your character for you soon in return for your incredible coloring job!
Glad you like it! He's supposed to have green hair? Cool! I chose rightly then ^_^ It was either that or black/blue hair, but green seemed more interesting. Hey, collabs would definitely be fun! Your lineart is always so awesome. Feel free to PM me and we can throw around some ideas. It would be fun doing some GhostHunters pinups ... ah, I miss Timmy! And fanart from you of KM? That would make my day ^_^
sketch286 wrote:bluebug how do you do that? what do you use? how long does it take?
*blush* Thanks, sketch286. I used Photoshop, with lots of layers. Surprisingly enough, it took me a lot less time to do than most of my color images. About two and a half hours total. And yet now it's one of my favorite pieces. I credit most of that to Eunice's awesome lineart
I wish I rocked like that
It'll take time, but you'll get there! Just keep practicing ^_^
LAGtheNoggin wrote:Blah! Three hours, time to call quits. Mostly I was making a shoddy repair to the lighting - I thought the lass's right leg was her right arm (still do actually O.o ), realised my mistake an hour in, did a bad repair and everything went to pot, ho hum, looks nice in black and white... Original Monster Size.
O.O Crapola, that's gorgeous! I love the red highlighting and how the shading brings out the texture of the fur. xD tis muy awesome.
Oh, and sorry for the late reply and that right leg. I was off in Hong Kong for a week, and I get confused with that leg too. I didn't realize how confusing it was until I finish drawing. =p