the man is keepin' me down!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

the man is keepin' me down!

Post by Jeffy »

pretty sad, I get to this point -> http://webpages.charter.net/chigger254/page003.jpg and then realize I'm missing shadows... and then see that my outer lines are too thick, which is not bad, BUT THE SHADOWS! they know...

good thing I went insane with the saving, four seperate saves for each panel, one for lines, color, final and super final... but I'm tired now and was hoping for finishing tonight, which will not be so, my fan will be sad...
Image

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

I'm confused.
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Valuedan
Regular Poster
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:41 am
Location: Cheney
Contact:

Post by Valuedan »

Yeah, uh, you better get those shadows, man! Heh heh! Yup!
<a href="http://dansedansemacabre.net">Danse Danse Macabre</a> is pretty funny how about you go read it

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Isn't that what layers are for? Particularly multiply layers?
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

Layers are just one of THE MAN's many tools to keep a brotha down.
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Tarotreader3
Regular Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Peterborough OR Markham ontario, canada
Contact:

Post by Tarotreader3 »

damn the man! Save the empire!
Image
<Exit: The Professionals> <Enter: The College Pros>
Vote for me here

User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

tarotreader3 wrote:damn the man! Save the empire!
Best. Movie. Ever.
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

tarotreader3 wrote:damn the man! Save the empire!
I have to agree that empire is where it's at.Image

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Post by Jeffy »

MixedMyth wrote:Isn't that what layers are for? Particularly multiply layers?
as with many things self-taught, my Photoshop skills are very roundabout and complicated beyond what is necessary, but yes, there are already layers saved, which is why after seeing this I didn't go out and choke puppies and then throw the carcasses at little girls, even though they deserve it
Image

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Leko wrote:
tarotreader3 wrote:damn the man! Save the empire!
Best. Movie. Ever.
Have to agree there. Defenately one of my favs.

*Randomly glues coins to the floor*

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

Ian Moulding
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Watching you. Right now. And frankly, you're boring.
Contact:

Post by Ian Moulding »

*Why. Won't. These. BLOODY! STUPID! COINS! Come. Loose?*

User avatar
Forevergrey
Regular Poster
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:15 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Forevergrey »

I wanted a story of oppression, dammit.

There wasn't even any unreasonable republican bashing for me to giggle at then rebuff. :(

User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

Forevergrey wrote:I wanted a story of oppression, dammit.

There wasn't even any unreasonable republican bashing for me to giggle at then rebuff. :(
Well we can't let that wish go unfulfilled.

Those republicans... they're so stupid! Hahahahahaha
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
Forevergrey
Regular Poster
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:15 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Forevergrey »

Leko wrote:
Forevergrey wrote:I wanted a story of oppression, dammit.

There wasn't even any unreasonable republican bashing for me to giggle at then rebuff. :(
Well we can't let that wish go unfulfilled.

Those republicans... they're so stupid! Hahahahahaha
What? What? I am shocked and outaged!!!

It is in fact you and your political beliefs that are stupid! Have at thee! 8)

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

Strawman continues! only not really, it just reminded me of it.
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

Forevergrey wrote:
Leko wrote:
Forevergrey wrote:I wanted a story of oppression, dammit.

There wasn't even any unreasonable republican bashing for me to giggle at then rebuff. :(
Well we can't let that wish go unfulfilled.

Those republicans... they're so stupid! Hahahahahaha
What? What? I am shocked and outaged!!!

It is in fact you and your political beliefs that are stupid! Have at thee! 8)
Benvolio, Tybalt! Let's have none of this!





I probably just butchered the names.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

The Neko wrote:
Forevergrey wrote:
Leko wrote: Well we can't let that wish go unfulfilled.

Those republicans... they're so stupid! Hahahahahaha
What? What? I am shocked and outaged!!!

It is in fact you and your political beliefs that are stupid! Have at thee! 8)
Benvolio, Tybalt! Let's have none of this!





I probably just butchered the names.
You got them right, don't fret.
You know, i should work on this.

User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

Teammayhem wrote:
The Neko wrote:
Forevergrey wrote: What? What? I am shocked and outaged!!!

It is in fact you and your political beliefs that are stupid! Have at thee! 8)
Benvolio, Tybalt! Let's have none of this!





I probably just butchered the names.
You got them right, don't fret.
Mercutioe is my favorite. Tybalt was such an ass. And I don't even remember Benvolio.

Of course, overall, I hated that play.
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

Leko wrote:Mercutioe is my favorite. Tybalt was such an ass. And I don't even remember Benvolio.

Of course, overall, I hated that play.
Most people do. Hamlet on the other hand was hilarious.

And I think it was Mercutio.

....HAHHAH Merc.
jag saknar självförtroende

Post Reply