How many comics link your comic?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Maritza
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:08 am

Post by Maritza »

There's a feature in Advanced search in google...

http://www.google.com.mx/advanced_search

In the last option, you can find pages that link to a certain url.

http://www.google.com.mx/search?as_lq=www.crfh.net

example: cut and paste the above thingie, but substitute crfh.net for your own url/domain.

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

Heeey. Nifty. Thanks, Maritza.

Er... Except for the ".mx" in the URL. That makes it hard to read. Image

- Joel Fagin
Image

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

Untrue, Joel, unless you tell the site to search just Mexico. Otherwise it'll search the whole shebang, and throw results in all languages.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Maritza wrote:There's a feature in Advanced search in google...

http://www.google.com.mx/advanced_search

In the last option, you can find pages that link to a certain url.

http://www.google.com.mx/search?as_lq=www.crfh.net

example: cut and paste the above thingie, but substitute crfh.net for your own url/domain.
Cool. I followed it and turned up at the TalkAboutComicsBlog and thought...hey, this could be interesting. Then didn't find a thing about my little corner of the web. But the rest of the pages linked to me. Unfortunately they were all from my site already, or the forum...oh well...I will try again later, eh? :)
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Post by Jeffy »

3 or 4? but I explain it the same way they do, I linked them first so they linked me and put me down as a link exchange, even though I never asked for it. Most of my hits come from a comic I used to like and now hate, and even though I took the link away he still has his link up for my site.
Image

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

2. And I feel blessed. :wink:
Image Image

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

3-4 from fan arts. As far as I know noone has me as a featured link. Course I don't really deserve those yet... nor do I have a banner.

And I haven't linked anyone else yet... but I want to! I've been lazy =[

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

The google search is ok, but like I said it doesn't pick up all sites. I used it and from searching through the results I got 11 link pages, but there were ones missing that I knew the existance of.

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

Yeah, I picked up about 6 and I know I've got a few others it doesn't list.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

Hey! Cool google feature!

399 for ghastlycomic.com

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

One Page.

And it's my own. Image
War wrote:The google search is ok, but like I said it doesn't pick up all sites. I used it and from searching through the results I got 11 link pages, but there were ones missing that I knew the existance of.
Yeah, I think it's because KS has a bot file that blocks search engine bots from looking at files beyond the home page. Unless you submit your links page, Google probably won't even see it.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I choose the option next to it, "search similar sites" and let me tell you, sites I got were nowhere near similar! Image

User avatar
Alschroeder
Regular Poster
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:21 pm
Location: Nashville
Contact:

Post by Alschroeder »

Ten, for sure. Maybe more. Sarah Zero, Oh My Humanity, Vindibudd, PCClips, Blue Skunk, Fragile Gravity, Dungeondamage, The Specialists, Nine Swords, and Bookwyrms, for sure. Not counting those who are linking from fan art I've sent.---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroe ... series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Image

User avatar
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Beneath stormy skies
Contact:

Post by Warofwinds »

Umm, lemme think: none. Tsktsk. I am such a loser :roll:
-Kez
ImageImageImage

User avatar
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Post by [geoduck] »

I've got 5 or 6 that I can think of offhand. Double that, if you count fan-art swaps of one kind or another. The advanced Google search was quite spotty for me as well.

The link from Station V3 brings in the most visitors by far, so thanx again to Axonite for that!
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Image

User avatar
BloodKnight
Regular Poster
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:52 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by BloodKnight »

Too damn many.
- Mark Iradian
Writer of Chronicles of Garas (A dark tech fantasy webcomic)
Image
Visit my LiveJournal

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

DarkMagician wrote:One Page.

And it's my own. Image
War wrote:The google search is ok, but like I said it doesn't pick up all sites. I used it and from searching through the results I got 11 link pages, but there were ones missing that I knew the existance of.
Yeah, I think it's because KS has a bot file that blocks search engine bots from looking at files beyond the home page. Unless you submit your links page, Google probably won't even see it.
It picked up some keenspace sites, but missed loads from all over the net. Some keenspace, some not.

User avatar
Axonite
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: NEPA
Contact:

Post by Axonite »

[geoduck] wrote:The link from Station V3 brings in the most visitors by far, so thanx again to Axonite for that!
That's good to hear! :) (And I don't think they're all me, since I have Mansion of E bookmarked at home and work)

Station V3 - not counting guest strip/art links, I think 17 or 18. Z7 - well, Station V3 links to it...

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

BloodKnight wrote:Too damn many.
If you don't want all those links, could you tell them to take down their links to you and put up links to me instead? :D

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

War wrote:The google search is ok, but like I said it doesn't pick up all sites. I used it and from searching through the results I got 11 link pages, but there were ones missing that I knew the existance of.
Ditto. Most of the links to my site get taken down after a week or two, so its always changing. But I link to a whole lotta comics. 130 to be exact.
You know, i should work on this.

Post Reply