Freedom Fries
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
Freedom Fries
http://freedomfries.keenspace.com
I'm just posting this to see if anyone thinks these ancient, primitive comics are funny, because I've heard they are.
Since I'm posting three of these...things each day, the quality of the comics being displayed will rise higher than a thousand Challengers.
Anyways, I would say how Freedom Fries is going to be a webcomic juggernaut with millions of small, impressionable children saluting it on their computer monitors each day, but I'm too modest.
I'm just posting this to see if anyone thinks these ancient, primitive comics are funny, because I've heard they are.
Since I'm posting three of these...things each day, the quality of the comics being displayed will rise higher than a thousand Challengers.
Anyways, I would say how Freedom Fries is going to be a webcomic juggernaut with millions of small, impressionable children saluting it on their computer monitors each day, but I'm too modest.
Re: Freedom Fries
Now THAT'S funny.LibertyCabbage wrote:the quality of the comics being displayed will rise higher than a thousand Challengers.
You say the quality will improve, eh? I particularly like the humor, especially number 8. I think it would be great if the random, non-sequitur humor stayed, but the art suddenly improved to professional-style drawings. Mostly because it would put everybody off, which is funny in itself.
<a href="http://dansedansemacabre.net">Danse Danse Macabre</a> is pretty funny how about you go read it
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
ok I uploaded a comic I drew and scanned a few weeks ago... the date on the page I scanned is 1-19-2005. I think it's a pretty accurate example of my current artistic powers.
http://freedomfries.keenspace.com/carebears.htm
http://freedomfries.keenspace.com/carebears.htm
- Distant screaming
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:15 pm
- Location: West Islip, NY
- Contact:
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
Well, I just can't draw well enough to make it look "professional", but there IS a good reason why it looks the way it does...
http://freedomfries.keenspace.com/equation.htm
edit: I have viewed both of your comics and, finding them amusing, added them both to my Cool Webcomics list in my Links section. Good job.
http://freedomfries.keenspace.com/equation.htm
edit: I have viewed both of your comics and, finding them amusing, added them both to my Cool Webcomics list in my Links section. Good job.
- Distant screaming
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:15 pm
- Location: West Islip, NY
- Contact:
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
oh yeah, I forgot to ask about the site's layout. Good? Bad? I know it's pretty simple and I think I like it that way. I'll probably add buttons sometime.
And also, if you're interested, Friday's comics are the end of "Volume 1", where, back years ago, I realized the comic was sucking and not being funny so I made a lot of improvements which I started in Volume 2 which starts Saturday. I was looking at the Volume 2 comics and they really are a lot better than the ones I've posted so far.
And also, if you're interested, Friday's comics are the end of "Volume 1", where, back years ago, I realized the comic was sucking and not being funny so I made a lot of improvements which I started in Volume 2 which starts Saturday. I was looking at the Volume 2 comics and they really are a lot better than the ones I've posted so far.
-
Cave Monster
- Newbie
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:56 pm
- Contact:
One note. It is a bit hard to read. I understand that the crumpled notepaper thing is very deliberate. Maybe you could use the computer for the text to make it more legible? Or maybe futz around in photoshop. There is a quality of the page that makes you think "Hmm... I'd have to hunker down and work to decipher this. Is it worth it?"
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
yeah, that's pretty much since the drawings are so old that it's gotten kind of faded, plus the handwriting is bad... it gets better though... nowadays I draw them all in pen... i guess that's why people with bad handwriting shouldn't use pencil and then wait years before scanning their drawings xD yeh...
i will say, ive been looking at the scans and the humor level of the comic increases dramatically in the next few days. it seems the art is a bit better too. anyway, i know thse are old and not that good, although they're just good enough that I like them enough to post them
At 21 strips a week it should move pretty fast =o
i will say, ive been looking at the scans and the humor level of the comic increases dramatically in the next few days. it seems the art is a bit better too. anyway, i know thse are old and not that good, although they're just good enough that I like them enough to post them
- Distant screaming
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:15 pm
- Location: West Islip, NY
- Contact:
-
Thirdworldvillian
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:49 pm
what the hell.....
Am I expected to be nice, to be kind and let you do your own thing? Well I'm not going to stop anything because I dont have the right to, could you at least put the comic on un lined paper and TRY a little with the writing so It's actually legible.
I dont really find It that funny either
but thats just my opinon....
Am I expected to be nice, to be kind and let you do your own thing? Well I'm not going to stop anything because I dont have the right to, could you at least put the comic on un lined paper and TRY a little with the writing so It's actually legible.
I dont really find It that funny either
but thats just my opinon....
That was harsh, but.... put less harshly, my opinion as well.thirdworldvillian wrote:what the hell.....
Am I expected to be nice, to be kind and let you do your own thing? Well I'm not going to stop anything because I dont have the right to, could you at least put the comic on un lined paper and TRY a little with the writing so It's actually legible.
I dont really find It that funny either
but thats just my opinon....
Doodling on notebook paper and then uploading hard-to-read scans of same might make for an entertaining comic, but it would have to be very entertaining indeed for me to continue reading it.
The humor went right past me, and I got the feeling you were just putting people on. Is that all you are going to do for your comic, pencil some squiggles on lined paper?
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
hmmm.... okay. ill put up all the old ones that are hard to read, then I can get right to the readable ones which are actually on white paper! I'll still post them 3 a day until I get to the ones drawn in pen because they are the newest and the easiest to read.
check in tomorrow to see what Skippy looks like a couple years after these old ones...
edit: oh yeah I was gonna show this later but now that I'm jumping ahead, my sister did like the first 50 comics on MSPaint and you can see them HERE[/url]
edit2: ok i just uploaded a gazillion comics. they're here
check in tomorrow to see what Skippy looks like a couple years after these old ones...
edit: oh yeah I was gonna show this later but now that I'm jumping ahead, my sister did like the first 50 comics on MSPaint and you can see them HERE[/url]
edit2: ok i just uploaded a gazillion comics. they're here
- Distant screaming
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:15 pm
- Location: West Islip, NY
- Contact:
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
- Distant screaming
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:15 pm
- Location: West Islip, NY
- Contact:
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
hmmm... okay, ill change them to 50% of their size =/
edit: actually i think if i make a seperate page for each one that wont happen, ill try that
edit2: ok see if this is better.
edit: actually i think if i make a seperate page for each one that wont happen, ill try that
edit2: ok see if this is better.
-
Thirdworldvillian
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:49 pm
I Dont mean to be a freedom nazi but it just seems (mainly because of the lined paper) that you arent really trying that hard and so people arn't going to want to read it.
just a tip...get one of those learn to draw books. Not "Draw 50 Animals" those suck, I mean like a learn to draw cartoons where they teach you the basics of building characters and backgrounds. Then of course practice. And lose the lined paper man...entirely
Harsh? I dont care.....
just a tip...get one of those learn to draw books. Not "Draw 50 Animals" those suck, I mean like a learn to draw cartoons where they teach you the basics of building characters and backgrounds. Then of course practice. And lose the lined paper man...entirely
Harsh? I dont care.....
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
- Cortland
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1202
- Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am
- Location: Bellevue, Neb.
- Contact:
I highly recommend the "cleaning up" thing. The lined paper, the pencil marks, the overall grayness, only makes your comic hard to read. I can live with the crude characters because they seem to relate to the content of your comic, though the handwritten letting should also be done a bit more carefully. I know you are cranking these out like nobody's business. Here's a suggestion: get some cheap typing paper, a couple nice black pens, a soft lead pencil, and an eraser. Draw with the pencil, then ink over your lines and erase. Then scan. It will look much cleaner.
And we will love you then. Maybe. We'll call you.
And we will love you then. Maybe. We'll call you.






