For all you people who replied to my stylus problem....

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Toastenator
Regular Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:44 pm
Contact:

For all you people who replied to my stylus problem....

Post by Toastenator »

Most of you people were highly unhelpful:

http://slightlyoddcomic.keenspace.com/d/20050126.html
Image

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Toastenator
Regular Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:44 pm
Contact:

Post by Toastenator »

Driving Without Pants wrote:"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."
Wasn't that on a Star Trek episode?
Image

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

Yes. But it's originally a line by Herman Melville.
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Beyonder_alpha
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:40 pm

Post by Beyonder_alpha »

Joke made me laugh =)
And use whatever the hell you wanne use, these people were just trying to push you (although in a rude manner) on a better track of self improvement :)

Subtle isn't their fort
-Shmoogleh.

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Welcome to Keenspace. We do know what's best for you.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Beyonder_alpha
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:40 pm

Post by Beyonder_alpha »

And last comic was actually funny =)
-Shmoogleh.

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

Your comic is well-written, but you have to face the fact that MS Paint turns people off. Don't be surprised when people lambast you for it. Stop being bitter. This community is here to help you.

With that being said... well, I don't really have anything else to say.
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

So did it take you a week and a half to draw that comic or do you just read incredibly slow?
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

This is going to get ugly...

But you kind of asked for it.
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

I think that when people ask for advice, they secretly want people to say "YOU'RE DOING JUST PERFECT! DON'T CHANGE A THING!" or "I'M DANTE! THE BIGGEST IDIOT EVER!"
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

There's lots of free programs on KaZaa that are better than MSPaint. Ok, and in case this turns nasty, "in before the lock."
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

And for those confused, here is the original thread.
viewtopic.php?t=62276

User avatar
Derenge
Regular Poster
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 1:22 pm
Location: kentucky
Contact:

Post by Derenge »

If you think this forum is bad then you apparently haven't seen much of the internet.

User avatar
Sam_Charette
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:58 pm
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Sam_Charette »

So, what... getting a direct answer to your question in 4 responses isn't good enough for you?

You asked your question, people answered. They also, out of the goodness of their hearts, offered alternatives to the expensive wacom tablet.


But yeah, they're all jerks. :roll:
Image

User avatar
Mooman
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: Defender of the Faith
Contact:

Post by Mooman »

I'm a jerk. I stand in front of a pet shop and when a parent and their child walks in to buy a puppy or kitten or something I totally napalm their faces in.

I also missed the original topic, but no one at Keenspace has both the intellectual capacity and the rollock-loads of money required to be a proper snob. Or an Earl. So yeah, napalm is awesome.

NAPALM!
What a rubbish signature.

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

Upon futher review, I would say that you brought this entirely on yourself.

Here's a sumary of the first page of posts:

You said: "I want to get a tablet. What kind should I get?"
We said: "Tablets are really expensive, and drawing by hand and scanning will be an easier and cheaper way of achieving the look that you want. But if you insist on getting a tablet, go right ahead."
You said: *The Man in Black flipping all of us the bird*
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Zhan_Dvega
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:49 pm

Post by Zhan_Dvega »

I like how none of the quotes from your comic were actually said in the original topic.
<a href="http://aiyaiyai.keenspace.com">Image</a>
Updates Sundaily

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

Zhan_Dvega wrote:I like how none of the quotes from your comic were actually said in the original topic.
Shh, it's obvious that reading comprehension isn't his strong point.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Tarotreader3
Regular Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Peterborough OR Markham ontario, canada
Contact:

Post by Tarotreader3 »

aaaaaallright. We all read the initial point, we all have this "we don't like him" thought going through our heads (and I really wanna read the comic, but I can't connect to keenspace... bah) but let's not go antagonizing him any more. This is sposta be a fun lovable friendly board (the only one, aside from "the drawing board" that I've known to exist).

*angels singing* can't we all be friends =)
Image
<Exit: The Professionals> <Enter: The College Pros>
Vote for me here

Post Reply