What would Keenspace be without its forum?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

The keenspace forums saved my life!!!

Is there anything it can't do?
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

well without the forums, I don't think KS would be as interconnected. but some of us would know each other.

that being said, before I started here I knew nothing about webcomicking. I thought that all webcomics were like real life and pvp.

it'll be a year next month since I started here I belive. And boy how much time I've wasted, but that doesn't even dent the number of friends I've made.

viva la Keenspace forums!
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Yeah, this place is pretty awesome. Most of the people here are nice and hand out useful commentary when needed. Plus you find out about more webcomics, and in turn more people find out about yours. I'd probably get more work done if I weren't here all the time, but oh well. I should just learn to budget my time better.

I also never would have met TOXIC. :D
Image

User avatar
Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:35 am
Location: Hrmph.
Contact:

Post by Komiyan »

Well, you learn a whole lot about what works in a comic here, very useful. And helpful art tips, and stuf- who am I kidding? Comic jams, and offtopic conversations, and all kinds of random shizzle, that's why I'm here. The tech stuff is cool too, though. I guess. :D
Image
Image

User avatar
BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1848
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:24 pm
Location: Lurking in the Corners
Contact:

Post by BrownEyedCat »

The Keenspace forum community has helped cure my lurker syndrome, and taught my to live again!
Image

Image
Previously Catrine until my account crashed.

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

Post by Pimpette »

Pimpette would probably be long dead by now if it weren't for these forums, and all you guys. This is the only forum I haven't been dead-scared to post on, and I can see myself still sitting around and posting here even a year or two from now.

*hugs the keenspace*

*gets poked by the pointy banner*
Image

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

Sane?
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

I'm three months short of two years on Keenspace and I still check the forums every day. I don't post as much as I used to, though.

My house would be really empty without chat.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

The forums taught me to ride a bike!
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Ferguson
Regular Poster
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:22 pm
Location: Kamloops, BC Canada
Contact:

Post by Ferguson »

The forums killed my pa!
Out of the Loops: Redux.
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

This forum taught me that I'm not some nerd who's doomed to be in the last row of every company, taught me that I'm a funny guy who's liked by people. It also helped me let myself loose when occation needs. So, paradoxally, this forum improved my social life and self-esteem.
Also, I met a lot of wonderfull people, now almost wherever I travel, I'll have someone to visit. Before, I thought that on-line friendships are not like real friendships. Now I think different.
I also found out that Radiohead is not some obscure alternative group that nobody listens except me.
And I was also linked by a lots of people from this forum whice raised my comic's ratings, and if it wasn't for this forum I'd probably never get to graphic smash.
If it wasn't for this forum, there wouldn't be sites like hntrac or spacejams that I'm involved with.
I learned a lot of useful tips, specially about image formats and photoshop tips. I was incouraged to start making tutorials here.
And I always wanted to have a little sister and now I have an online little sister.
And... I think that's pretty much as it is, but I'd probably think of more if I continued.
*grope hug*
Um, sorry... :oops:
*group hug*
Last edited by McDuffies on Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: undef;
Contact:

Post by STrRedWolf »

JexKerome wrote:Don't tell Kelly, but I actually make a big profit by using the forums.

And you, my friends, are my unwitting slaves in this little sweatshop nyo.
I'm still waiting for those kickbacks to be paid.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Steverules »

Okay, here's what the forums have done for me. In 2001 I signed up for a Keenspace account (two actually-angryted and deadklown). I did a little artwork but college soon took over my life. I went YEARS without drawing anything other than an occassional doodle here or there. So I complete college May of 04 and think I'd like to start something so I sign up for a new account and put a bunch of cut and paste crap on my site just so it will auto update (through May of 05) figuring it'd give me time to learn how to build a website and come up with some strips. But I still hadn't drawn much. Then I started posting on the Keenspace Reality TV thread and found that passion I feared lost. And it is 100% due to the keenspace forums and all the great people in the forum. I really do feel like this is a second family. I still have garbage on my site (which I will remedy in the next couple of weeks. . . stay tuned) but I have my forums. LOVE THEM.
Image

User avatar
Johndisko
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Johndisko »

i would have to agree with keffria

:)

-jd
im the "j" "o" to the "h" "n" and i cant even spell the rest. it takes too long and i need a friggin cigarette.

User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

If it weren't for the forums, I'd probably still be trying to figure out how to update my pages. :P

Without its forums keenspace would be a terrible thing to contemplate.
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

steverules wrote:Okay, here's what the forums have done for me. In 2001 I signed up for a Keenspace account (two actually-angryted and deadklown). I did a little artwork but college soon took over my life. I went YEARS without drawing anything other than an occassional doodle here or there. So I complete college May of 04 and think I'd like to start something so I sign up for a new account and put a bunch of cut and paste crap on my site just so it will auto update (through May of 05) figuring it'd give me time to learn how to build a website and come up with some strips. But I still hadn't drawn much. Then I started posting on the Keenspace Reality TV thread and found that passion I feared lost. And it is 100% due to the keenspace forums and all the great people in the forum. I really do feel like this is a second family. I still have garbage on my site (which I will remedy in the next couple of weeks. . . stay tuned) but I have my forums. LOVE THEM.
So I'm one of lucky people who got to see garbage before it dissapeared. :P

User avatar
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
Contact:

Post by Mr Ekshin »

If not for the forums, I wouldn't have the net friends I have now.

And at a time where I've moved to a different town, and don't know anyone I can hang out with, the forums are a place I can come back to feel a sense of community.

Even if I'm lurking silently.

Tonight I'm going to the local shit-hole bar and sit in a corner drawing and getting blasted.

But I don't know anyone there but the bartenders. Without the forums to come back to, I'd think I was invisible in this world.

Anywho, I've always felt welcome here. It's a great bunch.

~Salute~
Judge dredge.

User avatar
Cortland
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1202
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Bellevue, Neb.
Contact:

Post by Cortland »

If it weren't for the forums, I doubt very much we would experience the awesomeness of the late Mr. Bob. 8)
Image Image

User avatar
Ferguson
Regular Poster
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:22 pm
Location: Kamloops, BC Canada
Contact:

Post by Ferguson »

cortland wrote:If it weren't for the forums, I doubt very much we would experience the awesomeness of the late Mr. Bob. 8)
Are you trying to goad him out of hiding?
Out of the Loops: Redux.
Image

User avatar
BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1848
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:24 pm
Location: Lurking in the Corners
Contact:

Post by BrownEyedCat »

Ferguson wrote:
cortland wrote:If it weren't for the forums, I doubt very much we would experience the awesomeness of the late Mr. Bob. 8)
Are you trying to goad him out of hiding?
Um. He did update a bit ago with a Episode Two preview comic. So he probably isn't entirely dead.
Image

Image
Previously Catrine until my account crashed.

Post Reply