Is it just me or....

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

faub wrote:I think the human race is basically screwed.
There's also that whole theory mankind is supposedly an inborn "self destruct" device that had been decoded into the earth at the get go.

and there's that line from claus Larsen "mankind, will be what its always has been a diease"
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
HarukaKou
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:43 am
Location: you mean where I AM or where I THINK I am....?
Contact:

Post by HarukaKou »

faub wrote:Once somebody wrote that if everyone does what's best for themselves the system will improve. This led to capitolism and a free market economy. It also lead to monopolies and government oversight but it just doesn't work.

Someone else wrote that if everyone does what's best for themselves AND what's best for the group the system will improve. This theory is used to predict stock market activity to some degree of accuracy. -- A Beautiful Mind (yes, I got this theory from a movie. So what?)

People are inherently selfish so they try to do what's best for themselves without regard for the rest. Communism tries to do what's best for the group without regard to the individual. Neither of these really works because they only benefit the people in power. I would suggest a system where the individual has the chance to do what's best for themselves within certain guidelines but nobody likes socialism either.

I think the human race is basically screwed.
The sad thing is, even if you did manage to get someone into power who honestly wanted to help people and would create a better system for everyone, they'd be corrupted in time, or else assassinated for trying to shake things up. -_-* We can't win. The best we can do, is help people on our own time and not rely on the government to fix everything, but then, the government gets ticked because it feels it needs to be involved in everything...if there's money in it somewhere... -_-*** Bah. Can't win.
"Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken..."

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

TheGoobla wrote:Hundreds of years of economic development boiled down to a few paragraphs! There's no way that can be inaccurate or oversimplistic! :lol:
>_>
I don't see why hundreds of years of development would be impossible to boild down to a few paragraphs.

For example hundreds of years of work on the Fermat's Last Theorem boil down to one sentence- "It's true."

Some things don't necessary have to get more complicated, for example Go probably evolved from a game that had more complicated rules. (ie. complicated starting combination, limitations to placing your stones, bonus points granted for various things, possibly more, some article here)

I also suspect that eventually the search for the meaning of life (that has lasted for millenias), will eventually boil down to a single word.
I suspect it will be either "none" or "pie".
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

I'm voting for "pie."
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

It's not a poll, damnit!
Science is not about voting. :evil:
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

I vote that the Moon is made from greene cheese.

I also vote that green is spelled with an e.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Johndisko
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Johndisko »

but but but.....


im the ARTIST!
im the "j" "o" to the "h" "n" and i cant even spell the rest. it takes too long and i need a friggin cigarette.

User avatar
MrEff
Regular Poster
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:19 am
Location: Cruisin Mos Espa in my Delorean
Contact:

Post by MrEff »

PO-TATOE!!!!

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

Dude, next time just set her cat on fire.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

It shows the love to run with scissors.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

No, I don't get it either. But whatever, the bastard's dead, the cops are looking for someone else and I'm off scotch-free. Good times.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

It was so weird....I was just walking down the street, minding my own business, when a couple of cops pointed at me and shouted "STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LAW", and I've been on the lam ever since...
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Fish, monkey, rabbit, ham?
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

I bent my wookie!

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

But theoretically it's impossible to deal with rules like that, insofar as the space tiddlywinks are concerned.

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

No, the graphics for the page turning buttons won't show up until you have 4-5 comix.
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

This disc is Mac format.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

MY PANTS ARE ON FIRE!!!
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

Wikipedia wrote:When quantum mechanics was originally formulated, it was applied to models whose correspondence limit was non-relativistic classical mechanics. For instance, the well-known model of the quantum harmonic oscillator uses an explicitly non-relativistic expression for the kinetic energy of the oscillator, and is thus a quantum version of the classical harmonic oscillator.
So there you have it.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

Ok, who here could actually read that and get it? I could, I know someone else can. (though I know nothing of harmonic oscillators)
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

Post Reply