Need an opinion...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Need an opinion...

Post by Nanda »

...and I'm sure plenty of you have 'em. Tim mentioned over in the avatar exchange thread that I have a very tiny archive, which, at this point, I do. However, I'm also sitting on four or five ready-to-go comics at this time. I've actually been posting Ugly Girl stuff at deviantArt for a long time now - just not necessarily comic panels - and have a few more strips and quite a bit of fanart. So I was wondering: The plan was to update Ugly Girl weekly - I'm a stay-at-home Mom, and while I have time for the comic in general, I don't have enough to crank it out more often than that - should I post everything I've got? I thought it might be better to wait initially, and spread out the stuff I had over the weeks until I had the Keenspace system figured out (which I pretty much do now) and had my site looking not-so-craptacular, which I realize now is an ongoing process. Hell, at this point I doubt it matters, since I'm sure no one's reading it yet anyway, but should I do a big upload? It's probably better to have a bigger archive than a gorgeous site, right?
Image Image

User avatar
Johndisko
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Johndisko »

spread it out. that way if you cant make one one time, you have a reserve to choose from

plus, like megatokyo, if you cant make a comic, you can just post some fan art to please the masses until you can get another comic up

thats my two hundreths of a dollar

-jd
im the "j" "o" to the "h" "n" and i cant even spell the rest. it takes too long and i need a friggin cigarette.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

No need to do more than you can handle. Go with your original schedule.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

Yeah, look at it as a buffer, so you won't have to have the pressure of getting a new comic up the night before. You'll have a big enough archive eventually. May as well take your time.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Yep, unless you hurry somewhere. BTW those two comics look interesting.

User avatar
Dotty
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2434
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:29 pm
Location: Drunk!
Contact:

Post by Dotty »

You're a stay at home mom. I really can't hold it against you to want a buffer zone in case accidents, parental issues, or tragedy (god forbid) strikes.

In fact, I'm demanding you spread it out :P
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

Unless you miraculously get the extra time, I would definately say yeah, spread it out. If you think you'll have the time, you could set up a twice a week schedule, but that's up to you.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

TdotOdot2k wrote:You're a stay at home mom. I really can't hold it against you to want a buffer zone in case accidents, parental issues, or tragedy (god forbid) strikes.
Ack! Never say the "t" word to a mom!
mcDuffies wrote:BTW those two comics look interesting.
Oh! That's great to hear. :D

Well, everyone seems to be of the same opinion, so I guess it's a good idea to stick with my game plan. Thanks for the input everybody!
Image Image

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Post by Jeffy »

indeed! actually, I have a problem now, there's a girl I know who would probably like the comic, but if I send her the link, she might get the wrong idea...
Image

User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

Just tell her it reminded you of her because of how absolutely opposite of her it was in every way. Uncannily opposite, even. But don't overdo it or she'll think you're making excuses.

You know, if guys would just ASK us how our minds worked, and were polite about it, they wouldn't have to remain in ignorance. ^_^
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Post by Jeffy »

well.... she was happy when I first moved into my house, and there was a beat up doll in the gutter half buried in the snow, and I told her it reminded me of her
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

If there was only a comic called "Hot chick".
I'm actually surprised there isn't.

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

mcDuffies wrote:If there was only a comic called "Hot chick".
I'm actually surprised there isn't.
There probably is... It's the one that comes over to my comic every now and then and tells it it has a fat ass.
Image Image

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Jeffy?

Man, the olbies are really coming back, ain't they?
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Nanda wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:If there was only a comic called "Hot chick".
I'm actually surprised there isn't.
There probably is... It's the one that comes over to my comic every now and then and tells it it has a fat ass.
:lol: :lol:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

Odd1
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Post by Odd1 »

Jeffy_Weffy wrote:indeed! actually, I have a problem now, there's a girl I know who would probably like the comic, but if I send her the link, she might get the wrong idea...
chigger! :D YO DUDE. Welcome back.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Jeffy has been around all this time, popping in now and then.
MariaAndMichelle wrote:
Nanda wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:If there was only a comic called "Hot chick".
I'm actually surprised there isn't.
There probably is... It's the one that comes over to my comic every now and then and tells it it has a fat ass.
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Post by Jeffy »

holy geez, people remember the chigger? anyway yeah, came back because I'm actually going to smash my face in the wall and start pounding away on the comic again, have too many ideas I think are good for the comic to not do it anymore... and I drew a gnome minus Jubilee sparkles....

Image
Image

Odd1
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Post by Odd1 »

Hell yeah, the chigger was wicked.

Ian Moulding
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Watching you. Right now. And frankly, you're boring.
Contact:

Post by Ian Moulding »

Leko wrote:You know, if guys would just ASK us how our minds worked, and were polite about it, they wouldn't have to remain in ignorance. ^_^
I asked a girlfriend (Now ex- ) what she was thinking, once. She wanted to know what I meant by that. I said I meant "What are you thinking about?"

"Well I don't know. What are you thinking about?"

Things went downhill from there.

And Nanda, keep to a schedule that you feel you can meet. I've dropped comics from my bookmarks because they stopped meeting their own schedule. RPGWorld is one I used to enjoy; I hear they've started updating again, but I no longer care. If you have a good reason for missing an update or two, your readers will stick around. But if you fall behind and disappear for several scheduled updates for no apparent reason, people will leave.[/i]

Post Reply