Who are you?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Lyren
Regular Poster
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:30 pm
Location: Sudbury Ontario, Canada

Post by Lyren »

Spriteville, USA wrote:=] I had the best RP character EVER!

It was in "all Flesh Must Be Eaten" so it was a zombie RPG. I playes a 70 year old, chinese, shaolin monk with a milky right eye named Master Po. I used such a bastardization of a chinese accent that it is almost not offensive. It was a cross between Japanese (switch L's and R's) light light Scottish, and probably a guy with a lisp.
That game is awesome.

I had an old English professor with a penchant for booze and hitting on anything with tits. It was fun just sitting back, pipping in rather condescendingly when they made plans. When one character's dad died, he hugged her to grope her :) He was the best. Made for a funny game, rather than a creepy zombie game though.... Still, it was great!!!
Image

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

Another guy I made!

I made a character (I have yet to use him) who I nick named "Way Too Catholic Guy" No offense to most catholics this guy is a parody of the hard core extremists who like to make other people feel like thgey are doomed to hell.

"Way To Catholic Guy"
He was written for a Zombie RPG. He and his best friend the priest are out behind the church shooting their pistols, training for the day when God tells them they can fight evil more directly, when the priest shoots into the trees and they hear a scream. They run out to the woods and a young neighborhood girl was shot in the side of the head. She lies dead on the ground and they argue what to do with her. Behind them the girl gets up, kills the priest. WTCG runs off. He runs to the basement of the church and suits up. He dons a "blessed" church robe. His weapons are a steal pole with a cross at the top, shortened for ease of use, a insence burner that is filled with lead and nails, and a pistol annointed with holy water blessed by the pope himself. From there WTCG plans to "save the world from evil".

He believes that the reason the Zombies started to rise is specifically because Massachusettes allowed Gay Marriages.

He sees the zombies as the inevitable result of satan's influence over man. He has decided that he was spared in order to rebuild the world in God's glory once he clenses the world of Satan's agents (zombies). Anyone who turns he immeadiatly assumes was corrupted. He has Delusions of Granduer and extreme Paranoia and will kill anyone who gets in his way. He is also extremely prejudiced against non catholics to a point of extreme distrust.

Character quotes:
"I see no difference in the world today as from yesterday. Only today I know who to shoot."

"Even heathens doomed to the firey beyond can serve my purpose to God."

"It's tough when God chooses you to do his work. The stress is nearly insurmountable."

(On shooting spree) "Heathen *Blam!* Heathen *Blam!* Homosexual *Blam!* Whore *Blam!* Muslim *Blam!* Heathen *Blam!*
Last edited by Spriteville, USA on Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

Lyren wrote:
Spriteville, USA wrote:=] I had the best RP character EVER!

It was in "all Flesh Must Be Eaten" so it was a zombie RPG. I playes a 70 year old, chinese, shaolin monk with a milky right eye named Master Po. I used such a bastardization of a chinese accent that it is almost not offensive. It was a cross between Japanese (switch L's and R's) light light Scottish, and probably a guy with a lisp.
That game is awesome.

I had an old English professor with a penchant for booze and hitting on anything with tits. It was fun just sitting back, pipping in rather condescendingly when they made plans. When one character's dad died, he hugged her to grope her :) He was the best. Made for a funny game, rather than a creepy zombie game though.... Still, it was great!!!
Because of All Flesh Must Be Eaten's end of the world scenario and high likelyhood of character death that I think leads it to have some of the best characters possible. I like to make character ideas designed to die quickly and in amazing ways =]

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

Spriteville, that wouldn't work.
Revelation talks about how at Armageddon the dead will rise, and these dead aren't evil bastards - they're God's chosen.

I mean, you ever see some of the Renaissance frescoes about the Endtimes? Zombie-mania.
Image

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

Van Douchebag wrote:Spriteville, that wouldn't work.
Revelation talks about how at Armageddon the dead will rise, and these dead aren't evil bastards - they're God's chosen.

I mean, you ever see some of the Renaissance frescoes about the Endtimes? Zombie-mania.
This is true, but as like some Psycho Catholics he doesn't actually know all that much about the bible, just whatever he's heard from the TV. Also seeing God's "chosen" eating people would change most people's mind.

User avatar
Jops
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:55 am
Location: Zzyzx Rd.
Contact:

Post by Jops »

Here're some of the 30+ PCs i have:

A photo-reporter who got unwillingly involved in a dangerous and dark mystery. (The other guy is my friend's character... yeah it was only 2 players + GM)

This is actually an NPC, used in a short D&D + Present-day-real-world crossover campaign. She would have been my char if i were a player, but it was decided that i had to be the DM there. It was still fun to play, as her mercenary group was sometimes friendly and some others almost-hostile, making the PCs very paranoid about them.

The halfling i played in the Return to Temple of Elemental Evil and his sister, who, in the meantime, was spying on some followers of Vecna.

A bard who got the record of not killing anyone (and by anyone i mean ANY kind of monster and non-monstrous creature he encountered) in a 1st to 14th level canpaign.... and he never died too.

And finally a mage who just want to return home after a long travel ended with the party leader's betryal and the massacre of her companions.

These are some, thought they're all characters from past capaigns. I've made no pictures of the ones i'm currently playing.
Jops

Image Image

User avatar
Sam_Charette
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:58 pm
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Sam_Charette »

Lyren wrote: I had an old English professor with a penchant for booze and hitting on anything with tits. It was fun just sitting back, pipping in rather condescendingly when they made plans. When one character's dad died, he hugged her to grope her :) He was the best. Made for a funny game, rather than a creepy zombie game though.... Still, it was great!!!
Yeah, and that's the reason why I haven't GM'd in a long time :evil: :evil: :evil:
Image

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

Spriteville, USA wrote:This is true, but as like some Psycho Catholics he doesn't actually know all that much about the bible, just whatever he's heard from the TV. Also seeing God's "chosen" eating people would change most people's mind.
If he's Catholic and his best friend is a priest...
:roll:
Image

User avatar
ShineDog
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Post by ShineDog »

or the way the paranoia players on the internet do it - you dont even get a character since creating them means so little. you are assigned a character, and if he survives (unlikely) you keep him



"ill pull the yellow switch" "According to friend computers records, you are only red clearance!" **lasered**
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.

User avatar
Sam_Charette
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:58 pm
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Sam_Charette »

ShineDog wrote:or the way the paranoia players on the internet do it - you dont even get a character since creating them means so little. you are assigned a character, and if he survives (unlikely) you keep him



"ill pull the yellow switch" "According to friend computers records, you are only red clearance!" **lasered**

Not JUST on the internet. We had a rather successful paranoia XP game recently that matches that description :D
Image

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

Most of the Games I play in I end up GMing. The only character I've played long enough to ever develope any art of started out as a human with a few mild mutations due to dabbling in wild magic. After a few visits to the far realms, taking part in a crazed wizard's experiments he ended up looking so much like a male version of Zebragirl it would almost be copyright infringement to post them. Also these were a few years ago and don't represent my best work.


However I've got a character in Chill's CoC game I might take the time to draw.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Fiore42
Regular Poster
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:51 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by Fiore42 »

Komiyan wrote:Apart from the character in my comic, I play an elven druid called Celyn. He, like all of my characters, is a bit of a wuss.. But damn, he's a hot wuss.

He basically gets through an adventure screaming and occasionally flirting with the hot blonde fighter chick. It's not a bad life, really.
Hey, he /is/ a hot wuss. Mmm, elf...
Image

User avatar
Doggett
Regular Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:02 pm
Location: Sick in bed
Contact:

Post by Doggett »

This was one of my favorite characters, Malcolm. He was so dumb he couldn't remember his last name. Basically, I really enjoyed playing him because it was so much fun to act like a complete idiot. Of course, he looked good, but there was absolutely nothing underneath it all. The best part was, he thought he was smart.
Image
Oh, yeah. He also had two bad-butt swords, one had a lightning element-damage thingy, and the other had sonic damage (I'm not really much of a gamer, so I don't know the terms). I had a GM who was really nice to nubes.

User avatar
Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:35 am
Location: Hrmph.
Contact:

Post by Komiyan »

Not my character, but actually the lady-friend of the one I posted previously.. This is Ceiros, Welsh dragonslayer/fighter, who has a soft spot for kittens and elves.

Image
Image
Image

Post Reply