Just to prove I'm not lazy...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Well, you know, I was getting a bit tired of staring at that evil Angelfire logo. :wink:
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

changing of avatar... feels like I just did that.... *thinks of witty ways to procrastanate*
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Jaster!
Regular Poster
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Not-Georgia
Contact:

Post by Jaster! »

See that? It's a hand-sculpted clay figurine of Jaster running away from a demonic tv-set as it attempts to grab he and Fred, with Fred's legs frenziedly kicking out of its mouth, it was one of five sculptures which told the the epic battle of the Killer Video Games that I did for a class project, all hand crafted and painted. I also have action figures of several of my characters that were made for a fully playable, original board game with completely unique gameplay. I am not lazy! I just can't seem to be bothered to take pictures of any of these things and put them online.
ARG! - Something... different?

Jaster!
Regular Poster
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Not-Georgia
Contact:

Post by Jaster! »

Oops! Double post? A thousand pardons. My internet is currently, how you say... sucking donkeys.
Last edited by Jaster! on Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARG! - Something... different?

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:Umm...I changed my avatar to. It's a picture of Stanley Kubrick.
... and mine is a bastardization of Peter Sellers as Dr. Strangelove!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: >>

Post by McDuffies »

sippan wrote:
Melody wrote:I associate avatars with personalities, so when I am about to read a post, my attention goes momentarily to the avatar to prejudge the content of the post. For this reason I do not use an avatar.
For the same reason I try to pick "good" avatars.

...he said, and hoped that people would judge him on his avatar girl's looks and not her sex life.

...he said, and moments later realized that in this particular picture her good looks aren't as blatantly obvious as usual. Then he stopped caring and ate some cake.
Wow, Sippan, you have cleavage!

User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

What that second post should have said;

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: >>

Post by Sippan »

mcDuffies wrote:Wow, Sippan, you have cleavage!
Hey. My eyes are up here, buddy.
Image

User avatar
Heffaloop
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:49 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Heffaloop »

Sippan isn't that avatar from bondage faeries? :o
omgwtf

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

heffaloop wrote:Sippan isn't that avatar from bondage faeries? :o
What? I can't help it if some manga girl I think is pretty likes to, um, have sex with insects. It's a free country. 0:
Image

User avatar
Heffaloop
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:49 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Heffaloop »

...just asking ^_^

>_>




....



*runs*
omgwtf

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

Melody wrote:I do not judge the avatar, I just use it as an ID.
Melody wrote:but the name has to actually be read. An avatar can be scanned instantly, saving precious time.
Melody wrote:For this reason I do not use an avatar.
thanks. We really appreciate it.

LAGtheNoggin wrote:What that second post should have said;
Woah! Jaster rocks! (and he's quite cool too.)
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: >>

Post by McDuffies »

sippan wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:Wow, Sippan, you have cleavage!
Hey. My eyes are up here, buddy.
Huge eyes!!!

Melody
Regular Poster
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:21 am
Contact:

>>

Post by Melody »

YarpsDat wrote:
Melody wrote:I do not judge the avatar, I just use it as an ID.
Melody wrote:but the name has to actually be read. An avatar can be scanned instantly, saving precious time.
Melody wrote:For this reason I do not use an avatar.
thanks. We really appreciate it.
? I do not understand.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

I changed my avatar before this thread even started. That's right, I'm a trend starter God dammit! One thing I'd like to see is Yarpsdat change his avatar. Cmon man, give in to peer pressure, all the cool people do!
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

Matt Lim wrote:I changed my avatar before this thread even started. That's right, I'm a trend starter God dammit! One thing I'd like to see is Yarpsdat change his avatar. Cmon man, give in to peer pressure, all the cool people do!
Too bad you missed christmas, battle royale, and cross-dressing.
^_^

I'm actually considering changing the avatar right now, but I need to make it first, which is kinda difficult me beeing all lazy and stuff.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

I just changed mine. Again. This time I'm aimimg to take down Rpin's robot avatar as cutest avatar ever.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:I just changed mine. Again. This time I'm aimimg to take down Rpin's robot avatar as cutest avatar ever.
I spit on your attempts at cuteness! :P Behold the mewing plushie frog!
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

Post Reply