i just moved it to the top of my page.. so all's good
but, some warning woulda been nice.
just a suggestion, but it wouldn't hurt to see if one can get some vertical advers wouldn't hurt.. they're easy to incorporate into some designs.
New ad sizes
Whoops. Sorry about posting the codes then.Kisai wrote:DO NOT
I just thought we were beeing fucked by burstnet, with their voice ads, popups and the oversized adds.
...
Well... at least it's official now.
Sorry once more, but I don't like it when someone changes the rules two years in the game, without notifying me.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
-
Sanitycheck
- Newbie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:43 pm
If Keenspace isn't getting at least 50 cents each time the Tina ad shows up, it's totally not worth it.
With the exception of the flash ads that show up in the middle of your screen and don't go away, that's probably the most annoying ad I've ever seen. I'd almost rather have BetterInternet or Gain Publishing trying to force downloads down my throat.
Making the ads more hideous in order to recap money lost by people circumventing the ads is a downward sprial. Now they have even more reason to install the ad-blocking software. So then we get even more horrible ads.
Also, about 50% of the ads seem to be surveys. Seeing as how no one can take them more than once, why do they show up so often?
With the exception of the flash ads that show up in the middle of your screen and don't go away, that's probably the most annoying ad I've ever seen. I'd almost rather have BetterInternet or Gain Publishing trying to force downloads down my throat.
Making the ads more hideous in order to recap money lost by people circumventing the ads is a downward sprial. Now they have even more reason to install the ad-blocking software. So then we get even more horrible ads.
Also, about 50% of the ads seem to be surveys. Seeing as how no one can take them more than once, why do they show up so often?
- Phact0rri
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 5772
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
- Location: ????
- Contact:
totally *l* sound ads suck.. and tina scares small children I guess she gets you attention though.Terotrous wrote:If Keenspace isn't getting at least 50 cents each time the Tina ad shows up, it's totally not worth it.
With the exception of the flash ads that show up in the middle of your screen and don't go away, that's probably the most annoying ad I've ever seen. I'd almost rather have BetterInternet or Gain Publishing trying to force downloads down my throat.
Making the ads more hideous in order to recap money lost by people circumventing the ads is a downward sprial. Now they have even more reason to install the ad-blocking software. So then we get even more horrible ads.
Also, about 50% of the ads seem to be surveys. Seeing as how no one can take them more than once, why do they show up so often?
- Pixeechuu
- Newbie
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:49 pm
- Location: Oklahoma (where the wind ... nevermind)
- Contact:
Um... hi.
God forbid I start bitching and take for granted this great site... but I will say I passionately hate the new, bigger ads. They're ugly, way too big, and just generally a pain in the ass.
However, I did fix my site so they aren't as pain-in-the-assy... and I'm sure I'll get used to them in time. I can hate 'em all I want--doesn't change the fact that I'm getting a free place to host my Web comic that also up-dates it for me.
- PChuu!
God forbid I start bitching and take for granted this great site... but I will say I passionately hate the new, bigger ads. They're ugly, way too big, and just generally a pain in the ass.
However, I did fix my site so they aren't as pain-in-the-assy... and I'm sure I'll get used to them in time. I can hate 'em all I want--doesn't change the fact that I'm getting a free place to host my Web comic that also up-dates it for me.
- PChuu!
Roommates aren't always what you'd hoped them to be.
[Et-Cetera - a Web comic about a regular girl living a regular life with irregular people]
[Et-Cetera - a Web comic about a regular girl living a regular life with irregular people]
-
Sanitycheck
- Newbie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:43 pm
Yah, got my attention. I stopped reading the comic that tina first popped up on for about 2 weeks, until I figured out what the hell happened. Way to pull in advertising dollars.phactorri wrote:totally *l* sound ads suck.. and tina scares small children I guess she gets you attention though.Terotrous wrote:If Keenspace isn't getting at least 50 cents each time the Tina ad shows up, it's totally not worth it.
With the exception of the flash ads that show up in the middle of your screen and don't go away, that's probably the most annoying ad I've ever seen. I'd almost rather have BetterInternet or Gain Publishing trying to force downloads down my throat.
Making the ads more hideous in order to recap money lost by people circumventing the ads is a downward sprial. Now they have even more reason to install the ad-blocking software. So then we get even more horrible ads.
Also, about 50% of the ads seem to be surveys. Seeing as how no one can take them more than once, why do they show up so often?



