It's only Us

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Enoll
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: Tweed Heads, Australia
Contact:

It's only Us

Post by Enoll »

My friends & I are interested in purring a comic onto keenspace..
but the problem is.. we have the comics...but no idea what to do.
are there any words of wisdom that you good people could bestow upon
us either than.. "noob" or "We hate you go away".
...also .. are there any sorts of comics that are paticularly hated?
like..."*sigh* it's another ... comic"...eg. unoriginal sprites..
(no offence to good sprite comics)
Yes..tis' I & my gang of Idiots.

Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.

Melody
Regular Poster
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:21 am
Contact:

>>

Post by Melody »

Well, going to http://www.keenspace.com and clicking on "Join" would be a good start, no sarcasm intended.

You might want to check out http://hntrac.keenspace.com . It is important that you do not let anything there or anywhere else stop you.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

as long as its not sprite comics!

and stickmen!

and well personally I don't really wanna see anymore gamer comics. Two billion is plenty ^_^
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Melody
Regular Poster
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:21 am
Contact:

>>

Post by Melody »

Ignore him. Don't let anything stop you.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.

User avatar
Xmung
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:50 pm
Location: Sydney, Oz
Contact:

Re: It's only Us

Post by Xmung »

Enoll wrote:My friends & I are interested in purring a comic onto keenspace..
is it a cat or furry comic...? sorry, couldn't resist!
yay... another aussie! what kind of guidance do you seek - if you already have the comics then you're many steps ahead of many who sign up for a comic... check out the forum help centre for help of a technical nature and the techniques and tips board for art type things. also check out gear which is currently in the process of a major overhaul coutesy of phalanx...
if you've got all that sorted - well, just sign up! see you round...
Magellan ... super hero cadets - their worst enemy is themselves!
Loxie and Zoot ... cos nudists have adventures too y'know!

User avatar
Enoll
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: Tweed Heads, Australia
Contact:

Post by Enoll »

I can assure you all... no sprites..
not sticks..& virtually.. no gaming..
just good old fashioned tooth-paste eating fun !
...
Yes..tis' I & my gang of Idiots.

Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Toothpaste, eh? What flavor? Mint? Orange? Bubblegum?

Oh yes. Here's a tip- avoid melodrama. Of course, it doesn't sound like that'll be a prolem. Unless the toothpaste is melodramatic. :wink:
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Friend
Regular Poster
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Post by Friend »

MixedMyth, it's time somebody told you that Angelfire doesn't allow remote image linking. Change your avatar. :wink:

And Enoll - good luck with the comic! Generally it takes a few weeks before you get a 'Space account but there's never been a law that you have to have a comic to hang out at this forum. So... good luck, and welcome to Keenspace!

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Hey, welcome to these humble forums! Read the faqs, visit 'How Not to Run a Comic' and 'The Gear', but don't forget to have fun.

Also, is that your picture you're using as avatar? You look like Jack Black!

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

Speaking of toothpaste, has anyone ever had bubblegum snops? It tastes just like freaking Colgate.
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
CapitanG
Regular Poster
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: My mountain hideout
Contact:

Post by CapitanG »

More like a cruel combo of Jack Black and Jesse James...with a box-cutter.

User avatar
Enoll
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: Tweed Heads, Australia
Contact:

Post by Enoll »

CapitanG wrote:More like a cruel combo of Jack Black and Jesse James...with a box-cutter.
Yes that is me..although a rather old pic (about 1 year)
how come every forum or community I'm part of thinks I look
like Jack Black?.
..behold my rusty stanley knife of strawberry flavored death.

I hope you all enjoy our comic when I actually get it up &
thanks for the words of encouragement & help.

most of the things on "how not to manage a web comic"
are pretty obvious..& be assured that we have avoided most
of the major bad things listed in the ones I read....but I'm not going to
let ourselves be too restricted by the smaller points of web-comicry.
Yes..tis' I & my gang of Idiots.

Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Enoll wrote:
CapitanG wrote:More like a cruel combo of Jack Black and Jesse James...with a box-cutter.
Yes that is me..although a rather old pic (about 1 year)
how come every forum or community I'm part of thinks I look
like Jack Black?.
Because you clearly are Jack Black, damint! Now sing! Sing for me!
Image

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

Jack Black sings?! :o
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

User avatar
Enoll
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: Tweed Heads, Australia
Contact:

Post by Enoll »

JexKerome wrote:Jack Black sings?! :o
ever heard of Tenacious D ?
He sings...

I'm not jack black damnit.. 8)
Yes..tis' I & my gang of Idiots.

Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

trinket90 wrote:MixedMyth, it's time somebody told you that Angelfire doesn't allow remote image linking. Change your avatar. :wink:
Heh heh. Yeah, I know. But I'm reeeeally lazy.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Re: It's only Us

Post by Mr.Bob »

Enoll wrote: but the problem is.. we have the comics...but no idea what to do.
Pin did mention that you read the faqs, but just to make sure you didn't miss that, here they are: viewtopic.php?t=56171&start=0. Be sure to check out the Begginner guide. Good luck!

User avatar
Enoll
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: Tweed Heads, Australia
Contact:

Post by Enoll »

just one concern me & my friends have..
with updating.. do we HAVE to update at set intervals?
Yes..tis' I & my gang of Idiots.

Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

No. It's just that if you have a buffer piled up and want Autokeen to do it automatically for you, it has to have some sort of parameters of when to trigger the updates by. (These being the comic filename and your timezone selection)

Of course, on the other hand, you could manually update whenever you wanted to. There are loads of comics with random update schedules.

It's just advisable to have a schedule so that your readers know when to check your site for new content.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

MixedMyth wrote:
trinket90 wrote:MixedMyth, it's time somebody told you that Angelfire doesn't allow remote image linking. Change your avatar. :wink:
Heh heh. Yeah, I know. But I'm reeeeally lazy.
I thought that was her avatar, and she was making an ironic point. :(
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Post Reply