Tina says:
- Friend
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:16 am
- Location: Victoria, Australia
- Contact:
Tina says:
That horrible ad has been floating around for a while now. It harangued me while I was replying to another thread here, and I paid attention for once.
It's got a freaking scroll bar on it. A scroll bar. Honestly. And what's the scroll bar for?
"How fast would you like to earn your college degree?"
Slow--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--Fast
I'd like to find the people who fall for that, and hit them.
Additionally, the button at the end of the animation:
"Would you like to earn your college degree fast?"
(Yes/No)
Suppose that it's for real, just for a minute. A university puts out an ad to grab some more students. They show up the fact that their university has short courses, so you can earn a college degree in mere months. (spend a year, get a doctorate!)
How would that look on a resume?
Boss: Ooh, Mr. Blackenstock got his B.Arts at the Online University of Phoenix. And in only two weeks! He must be incredible!
Receptionist: With respect, milord, the OUoP B.Arts course only GOES for two weeks.
Boss: But of course. Jenny, could you put this in the shredder for me?
Receptionist: Gladly, your Grace. I also recall it's been a while since your last dental check-up. Shall I make an appointment?
Boss: As it pleaseth thee.
And like that, your hardly-won resume is discarded in favour of good, healthy teeth.
Would you like to earn your college degree fast? At the University of Phoenix, we're so fast you won't even have time to use adverbs like "quickly."
Truly, I hope that the girl who did the voice for Tina, the fella who animated her, and the chump whose idea the whole shebang was all stub their toe at least once a week for the rest of their lives.
It's got a freaking scroll bar on it. A scroll bar. Honestly. And what's the scroll bar for?
"How fast would you like to earn your college degree?"
Slow--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--Fast
I'd like to find the people who fall for that, and hit them.
Additionally, the button at the end of the animation:
"Would you like to earn your college degree fast?"
(Yes/No)
Suppose that it's for real, just for a minute. A university puts out an ad to grab some more students. They show up the fact that their university has short courses, so you can earn a college degree in mere months. (spend a year, get a doctorate!)
How would that look on a resume?
Boss: Ooh, Mr. Blackenstock got his B.Arts at the Online University of Phoenix. And in only two weeks! He must be incredible!
Receptionist: With respect, milord, the OUoP B.Arts course only GOES for two weeks.
Boss: But of course. Jenny, could you put this in the shredder for me?
Receptionist: Gladly, your Grace. I also recall it's been a while since your last dental check-up. Shall I make an appointment?
Boss: As it pleaseth thee.
And like that, your hardly-won resume is discarded in favour of good, healthy teeth.
Would you like to earn your college degree fast? At the University of Phoenix, we're so fast you won't even have time to use adverbs like "quickly."
Truly, I hope that the girl who did the voice for Tina, the fella who animated her, and the chump whose idea the whole shebang was all stub their toe at least once a week for the rest of their lives.
Agh! I'm delicious!
<A HREF="http://mcville.keenspace.com/">McVille</a> is dead.
<A HREF="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ ... .png">DRAW ME</A>
<A HREF="http://mcville.keenspace.com/">McVille</a> is dead.
<A HREF="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ ... .png">DRAW ME</A>
I hate that ad with a passion, and all ads that insult viewers' intelligence by having commands and menus inside the linked banner graphic. I would always see that particular one on other sites and say to myself, "I'm just glad there aren't any annoying ads like that popping up on the KeenSpace ad rotation." Then poof, I see it on my site.
And I love how it has slow there, as if anyone attracted to a cheap college ad like that would make the choice. "Oh, I can get a degree fast! Wait, it can be slow, too. Let me pick slow!" "No man, it's a trap. Pick medium or something." "Yeah!"It's got a freaking scroll bar on it. A scroll bar. Honestly. And what's the scroll bar for?
"How fast would you like to earn your college degree?"
Slow--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--Fast
- Mr Ekshin
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 735
- Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
- Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
- Contact:
It's a nifty bit of script tho. It's interresting and even creepy the way she will watch the mouse cursor and follow it around. Really, I'm sure the geeks who wrote the stuff had higher hopes, but probably farmed out to whoever would hire them do create an advertisement.
The ad is as much a resume for the coders as it is an attraction for the school/client.
The ad is as much a resume for the coders as it is an attraction for the school/client.
- Soap Soaperson
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1182
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
- Location: Florida
Hey! I was just about to comment on the niftiness of her gazing at the cursor.Mr Ekshin wrote:It's a nifty bit of script tho. It's interresting and even creepy the way she will watch the mouse cursor and follow it around. Really, I'm sure the geeks who wrote the stuff had higher hopes, but probably farmed out to whoever would hire them do create an advertisement.
The ad is as much a resume for the coders as it is an attraction for the school/client.
Though, I wouldn't have paid the ad any attention if I hadn't read this topic. THANKS A LOT.
Yay. | Yay Part II.
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
- Friend
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:16 am
- Location: Victoria, Australia
- Contact:
Anyone can make characters gaze at the cursor.
Although I suppose you're right about the ad being a resume for the coders.
Boss: My, this is a fine piece of coding! Look at the mesmerising way she follows my pointer-mouse as though it were a pretty butterfly she were trying to ensnare!
Secretary: Yea, verily.
Boss: It is a boon that this ad hath never been inflicted upon true society, though. It's tricksome words doth insult the intelligence of their reader.
Secretary: I beg pardon, my leige, but in truth this implement of lies and deceit has been loose upon the Interweb for many moons past.
Boss: A scandal! Bring me these coders so we may string them up by their gillets. And while you're at it, my own gillet needs attention - book an appointment with my chiropractor.
Secretary: It is as already done, milord.
Although I suppose you're right about the ad being a resume for the coders.
Boss: My, this is a fine piece of coding! Look at the mesmerising way she follows my pointer-mouse as though it were a pretty butterfly she were trying to ensnare!
Secretary: Yea, verily.
Boss: It is a boon that this ad hath never been inflicted upon true society, though. It's tricksome words doth insult the intelligence of their reader.
Secretary: I beg pardon, my leige, but in truth this implement of lies and deceit has been loose upon the Interweb for many moons past.
Boss: A scandal! Bring me these coders so we may string them up by their gillets. And while you're at it, my own gillet needs attention - book an appointment with my chiropractor.
Secretary: It is as already done, milord.
Agh! I'm delicious!
<A HREF="http://mcville.keenspace.com/">McVille</a> is dead.
<A HREF="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ ... .png">DRAW ME</A>
<A HREF="http://mcville.keenspace.com/">McVille</a> is dead.
<A HREF="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ ... .png">DRAW ME</A>
- Mr Ekshin
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 735
- Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
- Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
- Contact:
I've seen stuff like that before, but it's not as complex as the ad.trinket90 wrote:Anyone can make characters gaze at the cursor.
Although I suppose you're right about the ad being a resume for the coders.
"Tina's" face also changes perspective. It's a bit more work - especially for a 468x60 banner. The mouth synch is also interresting, using what lookes like 6 different shapes to synch to the speech. It's a nice bit of work, and I'm sure the creators are trying their darndest to licence it out to everyone who'll pay.
- Friend
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:16 am
- Location: Victoria, Australia
- Contact:
Shhhhh, you're making me feel bad. We ignore the change of perspective to make me look as smart as the coders.
Agh! I'm delicious!
<A HREF="http://mcville.keenspace.com/">McVille</a> is dead.
<A HREF="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ ... .png">DRAW ME</A>
<A HREF="http://mcville.keenspace.com/">McVille</a> is dead.
<A HREF="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ ... .png">DRAW ME</A>
- CJBurgandy
- Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
- Posts: 6538
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Too Old for this Shit
- Contact:
There was an ad a few months back that had copyrighted images from a company I work for on it. I haven't seen it since I clicked it and wrote them an e-mail asking where they got the images from.
though I never got a reply either......
though I never got a reply either......
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
- Amberchrome
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 9:22 pm
- Contact:
I just want to slap Tina's face every time I see it
She almost crashed my computer, the #@$@! She's not a graphic, she's a VIRUS...
And you know my opinion of virus writers... (my fantasy involves rope and lamposts)
She almost crashed my computer, the #@$@! She's not a graphic, she's a VIRUS...
And you know my opinion of virus writers... (my fantasy involves rope and lamposts)
Monique MacNaughton
UNA Frontiers - now on Graphic Smash
UNA Frontiers - now on Graphic Smash
- RPin
- Gentleman Pornographer
- Posts: 2930
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
- Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
- Contact:
Yeah. I've seen their site already, shame I can't remember where. But it was real fun, you can create any face you want, and get it to say anything.Mr Ekshin wrote:"Tina's" face also changes perspective. It's a bit more work - especially for a 468x60 banner. The mouth synch is also interresting, using what lookes like 6 different shapes to synch to the speech. It's a nice bit of work, and I'm sure the creators are trying their darndest to licence it out to everyone who'll pay.
I had a good fun making they cuss for hours.
- Taiwanimation
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Fremont, CA
- Contact:











