Goofy code
Goofy code
When you go to my site (strangehappenings.keenspace.com), there's all this crazy html code at the top of the page, as well as some slashes at the bottom around the "supported by Keenspace" text. Anyone know where this is coming from? I can't really figure it out when looking at my templates (I'm pretty new at all of this too). Any help you could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks!
- RPin
- Gentleman Pornographer
- Posts: 2930
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
- Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
- Contact:
Those are all... Hmmm... Strange happenings?
Seriously, let me help you:
First, delete all the lines that come before this tag:
After that, look for all the "\" and delete every one of them. Did you use a word processor to write your html?
If you need to skip a line, use the line break tag:
Seriously, let me help you:
First, delete all the lines that come before this tag:
Code: Select all
<html lang="en" xml:lang="en"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> If you need to skip a line, use the line break tag:
Code: Select all
</br>- Phalanx
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 3737
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
- Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
- Contact:
I'm on a Mac too, and I use TextEdit as well.
You'll want to go to TextEdit -> Preferences
Under the New Document Attributes box, select "Plain Text Format"
That should do it. It only works on NEW documents though, so cut and paste, then rename.
ps: And erm... No. We don't have Microsoft NotePad or Microsoft WordPad on Mackintoshes, so don't waste your time looking for it.
You'll want to go to TextEdit -> Preferences
Under the New Document Attributes box, select "Plain Text Format"
That should do it. It only works on NEW documents though, so cut and paste, then rename.
ps: And erm... No. We don't have Microsoft NotePad or Microsoft WordPad on Mackintoshes, so don't waste your time looking for it.
- Faub
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 3698
- Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
- Location: Missouri, USA
- Contact:
It's getting to the point where you can't even make sweeping assumptions about people's computers anymore. I should start throwing out answers based on Slackware/GIMP only. 8)Phalanx wrote:ps: And erm... No. We don't have Microsoft NotePad or Microsoft WordPad on Mackintoshes, so don't waste your time looking for it.
- Treble
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:26 pm
- Location: Lunar farside, among the moonrocks.
oooh ooh...Faub, you use Gimp? I just started learning it...can I bug you if I get stuck on something?
Note: I am accustomed to the sink-or-swim on-the-job training method - and the top of my monitor has dents in it from my forehead. That is, I'm really, really stubborn about figuring it out on my own without help, so I'll likely only ask if I'm really really stuck.
Note: I am accustomed to the sink-or-swim on-the-job training method - and the top of my monitor has dents in it from my forehead. That is, I'm really, really stubborn about figuring it out on my own without help, so I'll likely only ask if I'm really really stuck.
HTML is ON
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Brain is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Brain is OFF
- Kisai
- Goddess of Light

- Posts: 3276
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: The Past, the Present, The future
- Contact:
Oops, not quite, the DTD declaration is VALID, even for html.RPin wrote:Those are all... Hmmm... Strange happenings?
Seriously, let me help you:
First, delete all the lines that come before this tag:After that, look for all the "" and delete every one of them. Did you use a word processor to write your html?Code: Select all
<html lang="en" xml:lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
If you need to skip a line, use the line break tag:
Code: Select all
</br>
and that should be <br />



