FTP frustration

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Aimi
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:58 pm
Location: Atl, GA
Contact:

Post by Aimi »

>Yurai,
Sorry. ^^; i just wanted to make sure.

>Faub-san,
Yes, i can log onto ydk.keenspot.com. ^^
My stuff is all working fine. i was just trying to see if the other people are having trouble signing on with their ftp.
Thanks for the reply, tho. ^^

-Aimi

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

Kisai, is there something that would allow someone to log into siteadmin2 but not ftp? The only ftp setup's I've seen have been based on a unix account that would otherwise give the user shell access if telnet or ssh were opened. You mentioned once that the user accounts/websites were based on a database. Since I have no idea how that works (YET) I no clue what's happening here.

User avatar
L33T Shenlong
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:37 pm
Location: At my Computer
Contact:

Post by L33T Shenlong »

For my problem see Gorga. I'm doing everything everyone tells me, Siteadnim2 works just dandy was well as the other one. It's just when I try to login into FTP I get 530 Something about password, quiting/logging out. Everything else works. My pass is in status so it has to work there and also at the Siteadmin2.

And Yeah, I can see my page

The Address I've been using is (my webcomic).keenspace.com (the FTP is infront due to the FTP program). And I've also tried ydk.keenspot.com.
To my dismay nothing has worked

Can't login here for some odd reason :x :
http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/web-ftp.cgi
Play StarCraft with me sometimes =D

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

L33T Shenlong wrote: Can't login here for some odd reason :
http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/web-ftp.cgi
The reason's not odd. Nobody with a YDK account can log into that.

User avatar
L33T Shenlong
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:37 pm
Location: At my Computer
Contact:

Post by L33T Shenlong »

Hmm..thanx for telling me that...is YDK like the new server? No, don't even answer that
Play StarCraft with me sometimes =D

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3276
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Post by Kisai »

for everyone having problems, if you haven't retried before 10PM Pacific on Janurar 8th, please try again. I've reloaded the DB from boardy to ydk again (password desync?)

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3276
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Post by Kisai »

Kelly has setup web-ftp for YDK
http://siteadmin2.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/web-ftp.cgi

Please keep in mind this is for YDK only.

User avatar
Gorga
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Yay!

Post by Gorga »

Yay!

It works!

Thank you thank you thank you!

*Ducks to avoid being malleted for being so annoying*
Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet sweaty things...

Yuria
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:38 am

Post by Yuria »

Yes it deffinitelly works! Thanks everyone for help - especially Kisai :D

User avatar
Gorga
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Now what?

Post by Gorga »

Yep... my comic is uploaded, now... I got that to work...

See?

http://yebocha.keenspace.com

But now, does anyone have a link for me to a tutorial that tells how to add in the navigation stuff to the page, banners and other things?

Thanks again!
Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet sweaty things...

User avatar
L33T Shenlong
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:37 pm
Location: At my Computer
Contact:

Post by L33T Shenlong »

Hey, thanx guys, I'm up and now getting things together, I won't let you down
Play StarCraft with me sometimes =D

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

Kisai wrote:Kelly has setup web-ftp for YDK
http://siteadmin2.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/web-ftp.cgi

Please keep in mind this is for YDK only.
Erm, is this supposed to happen?
-----

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@keenspace.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.29 Server at siteadmin2.keenspace.com Port 80

------
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
Treble
Regular Poster
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:26 pm
Location: Lunar farside, among the moonrocks.

Post by Treble »

Here it is:
viewtopic.php?t=54103
I just started here Nov/Dec. I recommend: Read this tagtorial ENTIRELY, then go back and read it while you use it. There's 95% of everything you need, right there. It takes some time to absorb, so reading and rereading is a must. I found myself asking a question that was answered,not once, but twice in the tagtorial. It's cuz there's so much to it.
You can also feel free to datamine my site. Since I'm just getting started, my site is only slightly more complex than the standard template, and might be a good help to you in seeing what's possible.
I also was careful to use "clean" XHTML transitional (as suggested by some long time members here), so it will look a little different from your standard HTML 3.2 - 4.01 stuff. For one, no tables were used in layout. That's cuz the w3.org (the guys who invented HTML, XHTML, etc) recommend against it.
Anyway, here it is: http://moonrocks.keenspace.com and my template:
http://moonrocks.keenspace.com/workspac ... plate.html
Feel free to pester me with questions. Now that I'm thru the most frustrating part (that you're halfway thru) I'm looking for ego biscuits while I sit here and draw, draw draw!..

Treble (of moonrocks)
HTML is ON
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Brain is OFF

User avatar
Treble
Regular Poster
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:26 pm
Location: Lunar farside, among the moonrocks.

Post by Treble »

PS: my post was in answer to Gorga's question on how to add navigation links, etc.
HTML is ON
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Brain is OFF

Post Reply