Like Vampires? Like Roleplaying? Click Here!

Post Reply

So what do you think of the RPG's concept?

Hm...what's an RPG? Is it for eating?
2
10%
Ho hum...
0
No votes
Maybe for someone who's into that stuff, but not me.
1
5%
I don't think I'd ever play it, but reading the ideas is interesting.
1
5%
Yeah, it's sounds like something I could do in my spare time when I'm not reading Arcana.
5
24%
Oo! Oo! Would Vincent be a Ventrue or a Toreador? Wait, I need to buy the Clanbooks first to get more info before deciding...and when he killed Adonis, that was called diablerie...this is sooo cool!
12
57%
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
Farfarello
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
Location: ...in front of a computer.

Like Vampires? Like Roleplaying? Click Here!

Post by Farfarello »

My friend showed me this RPG (roleplaying game) last weekend. For those who don't know, an RPG is a game where you assume the role of someone you're not, and play through a scenario thinking and acting as that character. Like acting out a story, sort of. RPGs can be computer games, or can be played through dictation in a group and/or with pencil and paper. Befuzzled yet? Go to http://www.white-wolf.com/vampire.html. It'll tell you all you need to know about Vampire: The Masquerade. It's really in-depth with character creation, and the rules, hierarchy, and lifestyle of the vampy world. Enjoy!
Note: According to The Masquerade, the first vampire's name was Caine. Caine? Doesn't that sound familiar? Hm...
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.

ZOMBIE USER 12716
Regular Poster
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 12716 »

Yay! A masquerade player!!! ^^ I'm thrilled to finally meet another!
I'm a game master for that sort of thing!

User avatar
Legato
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:22 am
Location: the edge of hell
Contact:

Post by Legato »

X3 Still in character development stages... Quite obviously, my character's a Malvakian. e_e Wheee... Must keep reading the clanbook that I downl- I mean... er, was given as a present.
Legato Bluesummers

"And to think that I could kill every man, woman and child in the blink of an eye if I wanted to... The power of death is intoxicating."

User avatar
Aelice6
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:32 pm
Location: Albuquerque
Contact:

Post by Aelice6 »

http://access.winged-desire.net/silhouette/project.htm

We're allowed to advertise? :P I maintain a site called The Silhouette Project.. it's a yaoi vampire/angel/demon role play where they are nearly no limits to what the chararacters can come up with (that's why I consider it a project). ^_^ Basically, the city is covered in a permanent unnatural veil of clouds.. the perfect atmosphere to draw all sorts of races. ^_~ Your role is to learn of the enchanted angelic items drawn to Earth -- an emblem and a weapon -- and find how they can aid you in either saving or destroying the world by disrupting the gateways to Heaven and Hell. You have to form alliances with people around you, to either guide you.. or to betray them. :) People find it interesting, because we have everything from angels, to psychic vampires, to even sex demons, like incubi and succubae. ^_^ So yeah.. there's my plug. ^^ I'll check your rpg out too!
Image
[when love cast me out, it was cruelty that took pity on me..]
Silhouette.Keenspace.com

ZOMBIE USER 12232
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 12232 »

*has only a vague idea of what everyone is talking about*
??? me confuzzled....

User avatar
Aelice6
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:32 pm
Location: Albuquerque
Contact:

Post by Aelice6 »

Basically, it's an ongoing story. Imagine Arcana as an ongoing fan fic with every character a different person online. When one person posts as their character, another reacts to what happened. :) You basically form a character that fits the world, and try to cope with events that take place everyday/as soon as people update.
Image
[when love cast me out, it was cruelty that took pity on me..]
Silhouette.Keenspace.com

User avatar
Mira Fastfire
Regular Poster
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:50 am
Location: Santa Cruz County
Contact:

Post by Mira Fastfire »

*sits baffled at the idea of people being unfamiliar with RPGs for a moment*

I've always been fond of Vampire (and Werewolf), but never have a chance to play with good players. I think I'd make a good Gangrel. Mmm....furries...
~Mira

The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum! ;)

User avatar
Aelice6
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:32 pm
Location: Albuquerque
Contact:

Post by Aelice6 »

*suddenly distracted; somebody's playing the YnM dvd ;_; Must buy it.. after I stop stealing away to their computer*

lol, isn't hard explaining what they are unless you can sit down and show them?? RPGing is hard :) But I love the challenge of adapting to other people's styles and characters.

A werewolf would be fun to play! ^_^ A guy at Silhouette was a 'were-bear' from Russia. XD That was unique. I think his character ate some kids, then wandered to another story.
Image
[when love cast me out, it was cruelty that took pity on me..]
Silhouette.Keenspace.com

Fathom
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:13 pm

Post by Fathom »

I simply LOVE larping vampire the masquerade...its my favorite thing to do with a group of people everyother monday!
~Just Your Freindly Neighborhood Fan-Boi~<br>- Live Journal<p>
- Fun Site

ZOMBIE USER 12716
Regular Poster
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 12716 »

Heh....
I better at the interactive old school kind. It's easier when I can describe to the players what the rooms look like and what they're doing. I have yet to get a group organized to play a game of Masquerade though. sniff....
But, I've read the books, they're quite interesting!

Jan Pieterzoon
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:18 pm

Post by Jan Pieterzoon »

Well, I'm sure you know to which clan and sect I pledge my loyalty first and foremost, just by looking at my name. Although the Sabbat might be humorous in the worst sort of way, I just can't imagine completely alienating myself from the Kine. I will not alienate my humanitas that easily. I prefer the Camarilla's more civilized side. At least they try to maintain some vestiges of humanity, coexisting with the Kine instead of reducing them to mere fodder as the Sabbat would have it. And, of course, Ventrue. Clan of kingship. Ventrue has always been my favorite clan. Martyrs who carry the burden of leadership, noble, honorable, and genteel, keen with politics. Ventrue have always been this and more.

I'm not sure if Vincent would fit well as a Ventrue, though. His sire was Adonis, and frankly I don't think that Ventrue are supposed to be portrayed as being so lustful and cruel as Adonis. As for Toreador, well, if you want to twist the only truism that can be applied to them, I suppose Vincent could be one, though he would fit more as an autarkis or antitribu. After all, whatever a Toreador does, she does with passion. Whatever a Toreador is, she is with passion.

The way Vincent was before, he could have fit very well in the Camarilla. Now, he's more fit as autarkis or Sabbat. As for Vincent performing amaranth upon Adonis, well if he had done that wouldn't Adonis' body have been destroyed? Unless Vincent has some discpline similar to the signature one of Clan Tzimisce, Vicissitude, and made a new body for Adonis.

ZOMBIE USER 12232
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 12232 »

??? wha? tore-blah? ca-cam...?
O.O
*brain implodes*
........

ZOMBIE USER 12716
Regular Poster
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 12716 »

What about Adonis's perservation of beauty that he said that's why he wanted to give Vincent "eternal life in death"?
Sounds Toreador to me. ^^

User avatar
Farfarello
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
Location: ...in front of a computer.

Post by Farfarello »

I don't actually think Vincent is Venture-like, but I just wanted to put that in the poll option to express the obsession that I myself have with it. If you're confused by the terms being used, maybe you should check out the website. *hint, hint* My character's a Ravnos. Yes, I know they're mostly dead, but she was Embraced after the massacre.
Oh, and I think if Vincent was in a clan, Toreador is most like him and Adonis. Not perfect, but the closest.
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.

FangedElf
Regular Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:11 am
Location: I'm a translucent figment of your imagination, what more do you want?
Contact:

Post by FangedElf »

sorry, but RPGing is too close to Dongeons and Dragons for me.

*evil D&D, must be burned!*

*lights match*

anybody got some marshmellows on 'em?
"There is much more for you to unearth, if you have the heart for the truth
and the will to see it..." - Kain 'Soul Reaver'


Piccy's and Stuff Stories!!! MORE stories!!!My Freaking Life!!

Post Reply