Psychotic bishies!!
- Farfarello
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
- Location: ...in front of a computer.
Psychotic bishies!!
Here's a random thought: what is is that makes bishounen that aren't quite right in the head so gosh darn sexy? I'm curious to hear other peoples' theories, as I'm beginning to speculate on this myself. Example of not quite sane bishies: Farfarello from Weiss Kreutz (of course), Aoshi from RK (tho he does kinda recover...does this lower his sex appeal), Legato from Trigun, Tomo from Fushigi Yuugi, Iori from King of Fighters...umm...that pyromaniac from Escaflowne...forgot his name...and Vincent from you know where (maybe not quite as insane as the formentioned bishies, but he's not excatly the most mentally stable undead being, now is he?) Ok then, that's my rant. Your turn.
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.
-
ZOMBIE USER 12274
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
-
ZOMBIE USER 12232
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1421
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
*ahem* *puts on librairian glasses* There is an explanation. Anything that makes said bishi's stand out, which includes, but is not limited to feathery wings, horns, batlike demonish wings, a tragic past, or an unstable mind, results in a pleasurable addition to the normal bishi. This in turn stimulates the pleasure senses in the brain and causes the overall bishi-ness to increase. Or in other words*takes off glasses* there is no reason, they just are.
Mentally unstable bishis are dangerous. Danger is Sexy. Simple.
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

- Mira Fastfire
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:50 am
- Location: Santa Cruz County
- Contact:
I personally really like Griffith from Berserk lately ^_^ Of course that was one of the last animes I saw too...
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

- Farfarello
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
- Location: ...in front of a computer.
There's usually a damn good reason to explain their twistedness. The cool/sexy factor also increases in direct proportion to their decrease in chances that they'll ever be normal.
Psychotic for the sake of being psychotic is also extremely fun.
Or... maybe they <i>are</i> just traumatized because of their prettiness. O_o It's possible...
Or... maybe they <i>are</i> just traumatized because of their prettiness. O_o It's possible...
<i>"If you make ships in a bottle, I bet the thing that really makes your heart sink<br>is when you look in, and there at the wheel is Captain Termite."</i>
- Caj_trixie
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:26 pm
- Location: CA
- Contact:
lol maybe they're twisted because they're so pretty that they're getting jumped constantly and it throws them a little off-balance, no pun intended.Aelyn wrote: Or... maybe they <i>are</i> just traumatized because of their prettiness. O_o It's possible...
"Hopeless romantics are only hopeless in the eyes of those who don't believe in romance." ^_~*
>>; You are such a dork... You used MY bishi harem as an example (excluding Dilandau). And Aoshi-sama is just as yummy. -frightening giggle-farfarello wrote:...think dangerous=sexy (like me, for instance)...
Psycho bishis have something about them... I agree with the dangerous=sexy bit, but... I dunno, they inspire an odd type of compassion in me. ^^; If someone's angsting for absolutely no reason (the "oh-my-poor-black-soullll!" types), then that's unattractive.
I always associate psychos with angst. o_O; Even if they don't actually angst in the series, I make them. Teeheeeeee...
Legato Bluesummers
"And to think that I could kill every man, woman and child in the blink of an eye if I wanted to... The power of death is intoxicating."
"And to think that I could kill every man, woman and child in the blink of an eye if I wanted to... The power of death is intoxicating."
- Farfarello
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
- Location: ...in front of a computer.
Angst is another bishi quality... It greatly adds to the Danger=Sexy bishounen (Which is also the appeal of Vampire Bishounen). Angsty Bishounen like Kenichi from Your Wings are Mine, Holden from Arcana, Mamoru Kuujou from Tsunami Channel (MAMORU! Why!?), Scott from FOGClub, Vash from Trigun, Zelgadis from The Slayers, and so on... they all make you want to hold them and comfort them and identify with them and be there for them and then be the one to help them... I think it's a motherly thing that attracts girls to these types of guys since they need someone to love and care for them and cheer them up...
There is also the Mysterious Bishounen like Junichi Kawashima from Tsunami Channel, Adonis from Arcana, Squall from FF8 and I can't think of anymore... Mysterious bishounen are sexy because there's so much that you don't know about them and they're not telling, or if they tell it'll make them an angsty bishounen, which is good. They're often cold and aloof and act uncaring. This also makes many of them seem evil, which is another good bishi trait, and now I'm just babbling...
There is also the Mysterious Bishounen like Junichi Kawashima from Tsunami Channel, Adonis from Arcana, Squall from FF8 and I can't think of anymore... Mysterious bishounen are sexy because there's so much that you don't know about them and they're not telling, or if they tell it'll make them an angsty bishounen, which is good. They're often cold and aloof and act uncaring. This also makes many of them seem evil, which is another good bishi trait, and now I'm just babbling...
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

-
ZOMBIE USER 12232
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1421
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
- Farfarello
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
- Location: ...in front of a computer.
Ponder, ponder...
Personally, I'm not too fond of the angsty type bishounen myself, because they tend to get on my nerves with all their angstings. Unless they're angsty in a subtly-subtle way. Not those "oh my soul, it is so very black with the darkness that torments it from the deep shadows within..." types (read: Aya *cough, cough*) I guess the only angsters I can like are the ones that tend to be more taciturn.
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.
Yes... Quiet Angst is so much bishier.... ^_^
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel

- Farfarello
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
- Location: ...in front of a computer.