Hiatus Journal

Hiatus Journal

Postby ZOMBIE USER 2125 on Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:56 pm

It's Sunday, the first day of my hiatus, and I can already feel the withdrawal happening. It's kind of weird, and I never expected it. When I was drawing SoC I had no problem procrastinating or going on vacations as long as I had a buffer to run when I was away from the computer. Well, it's just Sunday and I'm feeling a weird sense of emptiness. I don't know what this means really. I went to the site and I felt like I was missing doing the comic. Already! I guess when things go official, it really does something with your mind.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now. Keep posted as I may add some more Hiatus Journal entries in the meantime.

P.S. I got my first DO-IT-YOURSELF entry! Woo hoo! I'll put that up next week.
ZOMBIE USER 2125
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 2125 on Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:20 am

Oh my! Second Do-It-Yourself entry! Well that will keep us entertained for two weeks. On other weeks I'm considering putting up some sketches and stuff. More later

Bryan
ZOMBIE USER 2125
Regular Poster

Postby POnju on Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:20 pm

dude... why are you on hiatus? :o

Osija still needs to make it to her exam on time!

Well, I'll be checking back January 1st at any rate... 8)
POnju
Regular Poster

Postby POnju on Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:24 pm

oh right right, just remembered to scroll sideways...

good luck bud, and thanks for making my site the weekly link! :o
POnju
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 2125 on Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:14 pm

pOnju wrote:oh right right, just remembered to scroll sideways...

good luck bud, and thanks for making my site the weekly link! :o

Hey, no problem! You really deserve it. I'll keep it there for the remainder of the hiatus (any new weekly links will be added into the section). Oh, that reminds me, I gotta update my links page...ack..I'll do that sometime soon.

Later!
ZOMBIE USER 2125
Regular Poster

Postby AnimeCanuck on Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:30 am

Still having withdrawl symptoms?
Heh. Now that I'm sick, I've been ACHING to draw, but all I can achieve at this point is the random doodles. I can't seriously draw, I don't have the focus or concentration right now. I want to get Sugar High off the ground, but I might have to change the name. It appears there's already another Sugar High that's had a message board with keenspace for over a year! So..... yeah.

Hm.

And Thermalyte's on an indefinate hiatus until I get drawing more strips. Which I'd actually like to do, but I'm too sick at the moment to pull it off. Stupid viral infection! Sorry for all the complaining!

Oh, and have you gotten anymore Do-It-Yourself SOC strips yet? I hope you get a good turnout. I'd like to see people's interpretation of your comic! ^^

Sincerely, Pelolos' biggest fan!
AnimeCanuck
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 2125 on Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:35 pm

Hi AC! Nice to see you here back in this neck of the woods.
That's too bad that you're sick; hopefully you'll get better soon. You've never told me about "Sugar High", so I'm aching to hear what it's about! But I also hope you get back on Thermalyte. Why, in 6 days or so I think it'll be your 1/2 year anniversary from the last time you updated! 6 months is quite a hiatus!

I haven't gotten any more Do-It-Yourself, but I'm hoping more will come soon. Otherwise, I'm going to post up all sorts of sketches and surprises. Come this saturday, I have a feeling that I'll be updating with stuff twice a week..just not the comic.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for all the nice Pelolos words you've given in the KeenIME forum! How blushed am I!

Later
ZOMBIE USER 2125
Regular Poster

Still sick... ugh.

Postby AnimeCanuck on Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:19 am

Thanks Bry. ^_^

I said something nice about Pelolos over at Keenime?! WHEN? WHERE!? I don't remember this! Wow! I must love your comic so much that it has taken over my body and typed up words of encouragement without me! :o

Seriously though, I don't remember this, though I probably did. I'm one to shamelessly plug and promote my friend's sites, ESPECIALLY if they're really good! ^^

About Sugar High... Maybe I should direct you here: http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=45439
Or maybe here: http://sugarhigh.keenspace.com

... What do you think I should do about this? It seems THAT Sugar High has been gone for a year... would it be right, legal, safe, not mean, and okay to call my mini-series Sugar High? Should I still link back to that comic, though it's dead?

Anyways, you asked more specifically what Sugar High is all about. Well, its a funny-weird oriented comic. (My sister and my good friend Fiona both say the first episode, which is just in STORY form, isn't really funny) Basically, it follows four friends through a year (well.. I don't know about a YEAR, but at least within one year) of highschool. Specifically, what they do and talk about on their lunch break. Look at the first link though, it has more of a description of this, when I was trying to explain my comic to the author/owner of the other Sugar High.

And for this comic, I've thrown 4 rather unlikely characters of mine together.

Luke: The Leprechaun. He's 18 in this comic.
Ramor
AnimeCanuck
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 2125 on Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:24 am

Sugar High sounds like a great idea! I'm looking forward to it. I think it's okay if someone else has a comic called Sugar High, especially since it has not been updating. And besides, your comic is a mini-series, so I don't see any problem with it.

I've talked to Shu a few times after that over AIM. not sure what he's up to now.
ZOMBIE USER 2125
Regular Poster

Postby AnimeCanuck on Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:42 pm

Wow! Thankyou for all the nice comments on my gueststrip, Bry!

I thought I had the characters pretty well, but not that good!
I'm really surprised that I did such a good job. I mean, I thought, even though the story really would NEVER happen in Enoicy (sp?) that I had approached the situation the way I thought the characters would.

I guess in the last 2 chapters you've really been getting the characters and story across! I'm beginning to totally get it now!
You're endearing story and characters are amazing. It's almost like real life.

I hope to capture the essence of real life like you have with SoC when I write and draw Sugar High. I want Sugar High to feel as real as possible.
(In the wacky sort of way).

I'm so proud of you... You came this far right before my very eyes, and I was so caught up in the story of Constancy that I didn't even notice!

Now THAT'S excellent writing!

Wow.

Wow.

Your talent.. It's amazing.

You floor ME.

yf,
AC
AnimeCanuck
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 2125 on Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:58 pm

Wow AC, you know by now you would think I've gotten used to your compliments, but each time you have something new to say that really makes me feel like I'm working in the right direction, and I want to thank you for that; kind words always keep me going. Please, keep complimenting me! ^_________^

It is nice to know that you are already getting my characters in such a way that you can write like what they would say. You've got the so-called feel for the characters. I think you are just talented, and that you'll do just fine when it comes to reinventing the Pelolos saga. No pressure of course ^__^

Later!
ZOMBIE USER 2125
Regular Poster

Stuff and What'ziz-zup?

Postby AnimeCanuck on Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:32 pm

Argh.. Ignore the stupid subject line. I'm just feeling stupid today. XD

Anyways, I came on here to say a few things... First things first:

The 4th "Do-it-Yourself" SoC... YAY!! A FOURTH!!! I'm so excited that people are still making them! Woot! And all that funky technique speak? Haha! It TOTALLY made sense to me and was really funny! People are like that in real life! People in highschool, anyway. Ha! So, considering THAT made total sense to me, I found Seji's line NOT make sense. I mean it did, but I understood what was going on.. so I didn't agree with her. Haha.

Well, that's totally fun. GreenEyes looks like a cool manga, I just haven't had the time to get around to start looking through the archives yet.

Okay, second thing... Replying to your previous post Bryan... Hmm.. Let's see...

Yes, I think you ARE working in the right direction - that in itself is something to be very proud of! I don't know how I always can come up with new things to say, but I do, because those are the emotions that I'm feeling after reading your comic, your rants, or even your posts. They inspire me. They inspire me to write replies, compliments, critiques, emotions, TRUTH.

And about getting a "feel" for your characters... Well, it's not that I have talent. I have a simple secret: If the book/comic/movie/TV show is good, and I get attached to and/or connect with the characters, then it's very simple to continue on like them. I feel FOR them, LIKE them, and sometimes, even LIKE I AM ONE OF THEM. So it's not that hard. The show/comic/book just has to be good and interesting. That's all. The rest all just falls into place. Oh, and I'm an actor, and I suppose that helps a bit too. ^_^ You know, I just think "What would me, Keriel, do/say?". So.. Yeah. Like I said, it's not that hard.

Yup. Yup. So you can expect more "compliments", as you call them, to come your way.

And about Pelolos being no pressure? HA! With you being not only my friend, but the creator ALSO, saying that just brings the pressure on!!

So.. ha. Ha. Ha.

......... er.... yeah.

Talk to you later!

yf,
Christine the AC
AnimeCanuck
Regular Poster

Stuff and What'ziz-zup?

Postby AnimeCanuck on Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:40 pm

Argh.. Ignore the stupid subject line. I'm just feeling stupid today. XD

Anyways, I came on here to say a few things... First things first:

The 4th "Do-it-Yourself" SoC... YAY!! A FOURTH!!! I'm so excited that people are still making them! Woot! And all that funky technique speak? Haha! It TOTALLY made sense to me and was really funny! People are like that in real life! People in highschool, anyway. Ha! So, considering THAT made total sense to me, I found Seji's line NOT make sense. I mean it did, but I understood what was going on.. so I didn't agree with her. Haha.

Well, that's totally fun. GreenEyes looks like a cool manga, I just haven't had the time to get around to start looking through the archives yet.

Okay, second thing... Replying to your previous post Bryan... Hmm.. Let's see...

Yes, I think you ARE working in the right direction - that in itself is something to be very proud of! I don't know how I always can come up with new things to say, but I do, because those are the emotions that I'm feeling after reading your comic, your rants, or even your posts. They inspire me. They inspire me to write replies, compliments, critiques, emotions, TRUTH.

And about getting a "feel" for your characters... Well, it's not that I have talent. I have a simple secret: If the book/comic/movie/TV show is good, and I get attached to and/or connect with the characters, then it's very simple to continue on like them. I feel FOR them, LIKE them, and sometimes, even LIKE I AM ONE OF THEM. So it's not that hard. The show/comic/book just has to be good and interesting. That's all. The rest all just falls into place. Oh, and I'm an actor, and I suppose that helps a bit too. ^_^ You know, I just think "What would me, Keriel, do/say?". So.. Yeah. Like I said, it's not that hard.

Yup. Yup. So you can expect more "compliments", as you call them, to come your way.

And about Pelolos being no pressure? HA! With you being not only my friend, but the creator ALSO, saying that just brings the pressure on!!

So.. ha. Ha. Ha.

......... er.... yeah.

Talk to you later!

yf,
Christine the AC
AnimeCanuck
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 2125 on Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:21 am

Hi AC - weird. I wonder why your post never updated the "last posted" field in my forum. And I never got an email reply. So sorry this was so late.

I like your observations about how people get attached to characters. I also found that when I like works, I'm also able to connect or sympathize with different parts of characters, and I was hoping that I could do the same with my comic. I'm glad at least you are able to connect!

Oh, and I sent you kind of an important email! Don't forget to read that!

Bryan
ZOMBIE USER 2125
Regular Poster

Hiya!

Postby AnimeCanuck on Sat Dec 07, 2002 5:23 pm

Yeah, I got your email and wrote back to it already! ^_^

I'm really excited. What are you going to call this page? I can't wait to see what you put down as everyone's quotes. ^^

*grooving to Superman's Dead by OLP*

Hmm.. not much else for me to say, except... That's ONE HECK of a WEIRD POSE that Keriel's in. O.O

Very odd! Before I scrolled down at all, I thought that her legs were more bunny ears! So, I was expecting Keka to be dressed up as a snowbunny! Haha. Well, I was wrong. But YEAH.. WEIRD POSE.

Really good anatomy though. At least you've got the sense of anatomy so you can experiment with poses... I wish I had correct anatomy... *sighs*

Talk to you later!
-AC
<A HREF="http://nafta.keenspace.com">Image</A>
Hot girls. <i>Litterally</i>. <a href="http://thermalyte.keenspace.com">Thermalyte</a>
AnimeCanuck
Regular Poster

Re: Hiya!

Postby ZOMBIE USER 2125 on Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:31 am

AnimeCanuck wrote:Yeah, I got your email and wrote back to it already! ^_^

I'm really excited. What are you going to call this page? I can't wait to see what you put down as everyone's quotes. ^^

*grooving to Superman's Dead by OLP*

Hmm.. not much else for me to say, except... That's ONE HECK of a WEIRD POSE that Keriel's in. O.O

Very odd! Before I scrolled down at all, I thought that her legs were more bunny ears! So, I was expecting Keka to be dressed up as a snowbunny! Haha. Well, I was wrong. But YEAH.. WEIRD POSE.

Really good anatomy though. At least you've got the sense of anatomy so you can experiment with poses... I wish I had correct anatomy... *sighs*

Talk to you later!
-AC

What the he-elll is wrong with the autoresponder?!?! Sorry This is late again. Haha, thanks for the words about Keka. Yep, it is kind of a weird pose. I'm usually not satisfied until I find a pose that I've never drawn before. Now I'm going into the "weird" category" I suppose! Oh, and thanks for the comps about my anatomy, but there is something egregiously WRONG with the picture. When I saw it I was quite embarrassed that I had already posted it up and didn't catch it at all. I guess the pose was so weird that I overlooked a few things. Anyway, I guess since nobody has complained about it yet, maybe it's not that noticeable; or maybe it's just because no one is visiting the site.

Anyway, I'll let you find the big error. In the final product, that error will be fixed with the magic of Photoshop. Yesss!

Happy Holidays!
ZOMBIE USER 2125
Regular Poster

Return to Seasons of Constancy