Requiem for William Hanna

Postby ZOMBIE USER 54 on Wed Mar 28, 2001 8:23 am

yes indeed. a little bit late, but better than never. perhaps i missed a similar post on someone else's forum in regards to this, but i don't think i did. as most people probably know he's passed on. yet another legend in the animation industry is no longer with us. the guy helped create tom and jerry, yogi bear, the flintstones and other well known cartoon characters. so with his passing yet another small piece of the child inside me has died as well. farewell William.<P>------------------
rickZ
Mystery Men, Cyborgs, Divine Demon Slayers, Parallel Realities and Multiversal Chaos -
You've been reading <A HREF="http://barclayusa.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Barclay, U.S.A.</A><P>"Egg!?!"
ZOMBIE USER 54
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 54 on Fri Mar 30, 2001 1:31 am

yeah, i know. anime currently rules the schools and while i do enjoy anime style work from time to time, i grew up watching the old MGM cartoons (spike, droopy, tom and jerry etc...) as well as the old Loony Toons. there's something about them (maybe the fact that for the most part, the ones done during the 40's and so on up to a point were created for adults). <shrug> at some point we're going to hit a spot where there are no more legends left. that'll be a sad day.<P><P>------------------
rickZ
Mystery Men, Cyborgs, Divine Demon Slayers, Parallel Realities and Multiversal Chaos -
You've been reading <A HREF="http://barclayusa.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Barclay, U.S.A.</A><P>"Egg!?!"
ZOMBIE USER 54
Regular Poster

Postby Ilya Olenskaya on Fri Mar 30, 2001 12:12 pm

Animation that began in the United States, or the "Western" world has been mostly thrown out of the fanboy consciousness adoring anime, and while I enjoy anime, I apperciate what Hanna did for the art form.<P>-IO
Ilya Olenskaya
Regular Poster

Return to Barclay, U.S.A.