Yaa (20th July)

Yaa (20th July)

Postby JimRob on Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:30 am

When I say I don't want to learn to drive, my friends simply stare at me blankly. I should show them today's comic instead, because it encapsulates it in a second.

(I can't overcome my feeling that humanity is not mentally equipped to travel at eighty miles per hour.)

And that's a superlative feat of artistry on the middle frame. Much kudos due to you, Brian.
JimRob
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:59 am

thanks!

the comic is based on my own experience of driving through Kansas City for the first time last summer, which looked pretty much like the middle panel there. it was pretty scary, especially considering the tendency of my car (which is also Barry's, a Nissan Sentra) to get sucked under any vehicle on the interstate larger than a tumbleweed.

and i think you're very wise not to drive. driving is a pretty misunderstood indulgement these days (at least in this country it is) and i think kids informally aren't given the option of not getting a driver's license. peer pressure and all... that's probably why i got mine. but i'm a GOOD driver, dammit!
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

!

Postby Profdolchissimo on Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:39 pm

:o
Cambus

CAMBUS
WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA

chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage
Profdolchissimo
Regular Poster

HARPSICHORD BUS WAWAWAWAWA!!

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:50 pm

ah, when your forum's been dead for two weeks, even one of danny's WAWA CHILLAGE posts quenches you in the most beautiful ways....

anyway, danster, sorry, i edited your post... your WA had to be formatted to fit my screen (600x800, which i guess people generally think is pathetically small, but i've always thought it was perfect.)

i suppose i COULD start a new topic and try to kick some life back into this place. yes, i think i'll do that. but i might not be able to think of anything.
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

Return to Quid Pro Quo