Bad Baaaaaaaad Cartoons.

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Thu Apr 18, 2002 12:37 pm

Oy Jitat! - The Pirates of DARK Water
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6185 on Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:06 pm

Samurai Pizza Cats Rocked!

Compared to the other animes that North America was exposed to during that time, that show was at the top.

i.e. Saber Rider and The Star Sheriffs.

okay I admit I kinda liked that cartoon too.

Robby
ZOMBIE USER 6185
Regular Poster

Postby EteRock on Wed May 08, 2002 9:19 pm

Anyone remember these?

Stunt DAWGS
NKOTB (yes they made a cartoon about that music group)
Kid&Play(ditto)
Super Dave(although that one was pretty good)
Snurkles
Camp Candy
COPS
N the gamemaster (or whatever it was called)
the Super Mario Bros

I could go on but I think I'll stop there for now.
Smapdi is a commie plot!
---Maritza Campos

Girl, you must be from another time one where awesomeness was not confined
Cause awesomeness is awesome, baby
But not like you, you're so awesome I say yeah
How'd you get so awesome, baby?
From drinking lots of awesome juice?
The awesome juice has worked, hooray awesomeness ooh-ooh
EteRock
Regular Poster

Postby Psiogen on Fri May 17, 2002 1:14 pm

I remember Camp Candy and Super Mario Bros. The others have dislodged themselves from my brain, apparently...
Sylvan, fadin motherfuckers like bleach.
Image Image
Last edited by Sailor Moon on Fri Bec 55th, 9239 56:82 pm; edited 229425 times in total.
Psiogen
Cartoon Hero

Postby CaptainMooki on Fri May 17, 2002 7:13 pm

All I remember from the New Kid's cartoon was seeing them ride a yellow raft off a waterfall and praying them not to survive. SuperDave was great especially with those live action tidbits at the end of each episode. It was actually the Snorkles, not Snurkles who were the underwater followup to Smurfs. I remember Camp Candy with John Candy as well as another camp based cartoon where all the kids were monsters except for two siblings. Captain N the Gamemaster was good all except for it's lousy short, green, scratchy throughted Megaman. The Super Mario show went through about as much versions as the games did, starting with the original with live-action host segments that at in one episode had a live-action style cameo from Insepector Gadget (he needed the plumbers to give his cybernetics a tune up for some reason). The Mario show was on Monday through Thursday with the Ledgend of Zelda cartoon on Fridays.

I didn't go outside much as a kid.
...and then everyone ate cookies and read "The Adventures of Captain Mooki" and were happy!
CaptainMooki
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Thu May 23, 2002 5:59 pm

I liked the cartoons on the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, but not the live action stuff. It felt bad the way a bad touch feels bad - like I was losing my innocence as I watched or something. My innocence is long gone now, so maybe I'd enjoy it today... who knows?
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby EteRock on Thu May 23, 2002 9:14 pm

CaptainMooki wrote:All I remember from the New Kid's cartoon was seeing them ride a yellow raft off a waterfall and praying them not to survive.

SuperDave was great especially with those live action tidbits at the end of each episode.

Those were really funny. I remember one ep where Dave had a jetpack and was flying up to get the bad guys who were in a chopper. Then the screen goes blank with "to be continued" Dave goes "Whoa whoa. We can't end on a cliffhanger. Our fans deserve an ending" They were "ok" So the badguys fired a missle at Dave knocking him out of the sky and got away.

It was actually the Snorkles, not Snurkles who were the underwater followup to Smurfs.

Don't remember much about that expect the main good guy was named "All-Star" I think. And there was a rich snob too.

I remember Camp Candy with John Candy as well as another camp based cartoon where all the kids were monsters except for two siblings.

Ah I think you're thinking of that "moster school" cartoon with Rick Moranis as the human teacher.

I saw an episode of Camp Candy a while back, wow was it bad. Candy was in a park, I forgot why he was, in a tree. He fell on a branch that apparently was also used as a diving board because it bent down then flung across the sky (Candy doing several flips) into a near by zoo into the lion's cage. Candy ran towards the bars they swung around for him but not the lion.

Captain N the Gamemaster was good all except for it's lousy short, green, scratchy throughted Megaman.

Got that right. I don't know what that mutant thing was but it sure as hell wasn't Megaman. Didn't he use to say "mega mega" a lot too or am I thinking of someone else?

The Super Mario show went through about as much versions as the games did, starting with the original with live-action host segments that at in one episode had a live-action style cameo from Insepector Gadget (he needed the plumbers to give his cybernetics a tune up for some reason). The Mario show was on Monday through Thursday with the Ledgend of Zelda cartoon on Fridays.

There was Super Mario Super Show which figured things from SB1 and SB2 Mostly 2. Mouser was always my Koopa's side, also was the three headed snake which I can't remember his name right now. Then there was cartoons about SB3 and SBW. One thing I didn't like about the original cartoons was that they made Luigi into a whining bitch. Thank god he got some backbone in later episodes.

And the Koopa kids names where changed too,

Larry-Cheatsy
Wendy-Kutie Pie
Morton-Big Mouth
Roy-Bully
Lemmy-Hip
Iggy-Hop
Luwig-Kooky

I remember in the Zelda cartoons that Link was always trying to kiss Zelda.

The Gamemaster had Zelda in there cartoons too. And I like their version better, manly because Zelda wore a sexy outfit that showed off her midriff :)
EteRock
Regular Poster

Postby Jeero on Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:39 am

Ah I think you're thinking of that "moster school" cartoon with Rick Moranis as the human teacher.
gravedale high. it was sorta... ok. all i remember is that my tv broke during an episode. coincidence? most likely...

oh, and hi! i'm new! *waves*
Jeero
Regular Poster

Postby Redmenace5 on Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:09 am

Anyone remember Inhumanoids? The one in the late 80s about an elite team of commando scientists fighting three gianst monsters from the center of the earth? The leader, Metlar, had the ability to bring statues to lif, and, in one classic episode, brought the statue of Liberty to life. She turned out to be a real bitch, always yelling at Metlar because he was fat. The best scene was where she was sitting at the Earth
Teeeeeam Firework! A three-man dynamo for all your firework related needs! Engineer, Sparky! Technician, Pyro! And manager, King Aelf, Lord of the Little People!

Team Firework: Lighting up the Skies with Elfin Flame!

http://fantasticalbestiary.keenspace.com
Redmenace5
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Turbocool