More Orangy Goodness!

Postby SpareChange on Wed Feb 27, 2002 6:38 am

I sort of feel like a lab rat I once saw on a Discovery Channel special about gambling. Keep checking the site daily (or more), and you'll see new comics enough to keep coming back.

Today.... PAYOFF!

Now if I can just figure out how to do the extended letters so I can get a translation of the French comic. I only have a vague idea about an old farmer and a bus....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpareChange on 2002-02-27 06:39 ]</font>
SpareChange
Regular Poster

Postby Somebody Strange on Wed Feb 27, 2002 6:51 am

Heh -- good start, there.

I really DON'T speak French, so this is the best I can do, allowing for some idiomatic English not reflected in the original:

A bus was carrying politicians to Congress. The bus went off the road and crashed in a field belonging to a farmer. The farmer, after seeing what had taken place, took a look at the crash site. He began to dig a ditch and bury the politicians.

After he had finished, the local sheriff drove by, saw the crashed bus, and asked the farmer what had happened to the politicians. The farmer said he had buried them all. The sheriff asked the farmer, "So then they were ALL dead?"

The farmer replied, "Well, some of them argued that they were still alive, but you know how politicians lie."

--Strange/Dave
Somebody Strange
Regular Poster

Postby MinigunSniper on Thu Feb 28, 2002 6:16 am

Not a bad joke, Dave. I, of course, took Russian in high school, so I had no idea at all what the joke was until you told me here.
-sigh- Russian was fun to learn, but it hasn't</TDven to be very useful.
MinigunSniper
Regular Poster

Postby Somebody Strange on Thu Feb 28, 2002 6:21 am

I took Latin in seventh and eighth grade, Spanish in ninth, tenth, and eleventh, and Japanese (for a minor!) in college.

I do a fairly decent job figuring out any Romance language, even if I haven't studied it... like, if I translated a passage of relatively simple Italian, French, or even Portuguese, I'd probably get a B- or C+ from a high school teacher. I love languages, but I just don't have the motivation to truly study them.

--Strange/Dave
Somebody Strange
Regular Poster

Postby ChowGuy on Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:10 pm

> I love languages, but I just don't have the motivation to truly study them.

Ah, of course. That would explain the inspiration for this bit of Strangeness from your past.
ChowGuy

Postby Somebody Strange on Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:55 am

Ha! I'd completely forgotten about that!

--Strange/Dave
Somebody Strange
Regular Poster

Return to Vicious Lies