Webcomic Above You VI - Return of the Comics

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Webcomic Above You VI - Return of the Comics

Postby Dutch! on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Do Serge's! I already did his this time around. You don't all just want a copy paste job! :P
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Dutch!
Red galah

Postby robotthepirate on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:47 am

Dutch! wrote:Oh dear. Where did the Mitt'n'Magic person go? I was a month or so into their archive looking to post something up later on, and now they've been eaten by a spam bot! :O

That was me, sorry. I figured no one was intrested in reviewing my dreadful work and RTP was about to be released. You can still review it if you like.

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
Dutch! wrote:I'm assuming after this long without a response that this thread is dead. :)

Bring on round number 7 at the end of the year! :D

NOOOO!! I am partway through your archive!! And I have kind things to say!! D:

(this message is not participant in the critiquing thread, if you are replying to my message review Dutch or Serge instead!)

Dutch! wrote:Do Serge's! I already did his this time around. You don't all just want a copy paste job! :P

Ok. I was going to review Serge's work. I was reading his comic before anyway.
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Dutch! wrote:I'm assuming after this long without a response that this thread is dead. :)

If tradition continues, Webcomic Above You VII won't be due until late winter or spring of next year, as usually it is a few months before the Comic Cookout that summer.
Comic Genesis Comic Cookout VIII was July 30th, 2011 (over a year ago!) in NYC. Want to host/plan Comic Cookout IX in summer (fall?) 2013? Feel free to drop me a PM.
Dawn of a New Era
Webcomic Above VII is going on now!
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Postby spoonyliger on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:42 am

My Review for Robot the Pirate

First Impression
The little Robot's avatar going around the threads had caught my eye for a while, leaving me wondering what that was all about. What with the neon green background behind it, my eyes were forcefully directed to the picture of a round, metal head... with a red bandana, and what looked like to be the cut-off shoulders of the character under its head. So I took a look.

Artwork
Simple, cute and Paper Mario-like. As I read through the first few pages I learn that what I thought were shoulders, are actually Robot's feet, as mostly everyone else in the comic is a round circle with tiny feet. An interesting choice of style. Robot the Pirate's artwork isn't meant to be appreciated like the artwork in mainstream comics, but that's only because the artwork itself is being used a basic means of telling a story. And from what I see, it's done well and with heart.

Story
A stubby, little pig scientist with a pimpin' pink hat and a swirly moustache creates a robot with the will to become an evil pirate, but the second it's thrown off the ship onto its supposedly-evil adventure, the scientist realizes he had forgotten to attach to its creation, the most important element of his plan - a little red colored square with the word "evil" printed on it. And that's how they hook ya!

Final Impression
Robot the Pirate is off to become the person he wants to be... just not the way his creator would like him to. Sound familiar? I think a lot of kids can relate to this idea and I believe that's what makes Robot the Pirate a good, funny read for everyone. Congrats!
Image Image
spoonyliger
Regular Poster

Re: please remove

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 pm

NikolasTesla

Wow, I am so bummed that this isn't an actual poster. I got really excited.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby robotthepirate on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11 am

I can't believe you necroed a topic for that. Or that a spam bot would be trying to advertise google.

The fact that I never got round to finishing my review of Serge's comic I can believe. Though I was being quite brutal so it's probably for the best.
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby peterabnny on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:02 am

NikolasTesla

I know! I was gonna ask him about that Death Ray thingie he supposedly fired up in Tungesha (sp?) in 1906!. *sighs*
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org
peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:19 am

NikolasTesla

I would count him only if he could name five actual Tesla's inventions. Devices for talking to aliens don't count.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby peterabnny on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Dragonkingdoms wrote:

If tradition continues, Webcomic Above You VII won't be due until late winter or spring of next year, as usually it is a few months before the Comic Cookout that summer.

Think I'll get in on that action this time...
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:18 am

Since a spambot bumped this topic back up I thought I'd suggest we do this again some time in May (like last year), I know that traditionally it happens earlier but I'd selfishly prefer the extra weeks to get some stuff done.

Then y'all can tear my comics to pieces again and crush all my dreams :D .
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm down with that! By then I should have reembled my bleen.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:57 pm

peterabnny wrote:
NikolasTesla

I know! I was gonna ask him about that Death Ray thingie he supposedly fired up in Tungesha (sp?) in 1906!. *sighs*

Well I don't buy much into the whole Wardencyffe being a deathray tower-- thats just silly. It wasn't intended for that function and operated very independently from the turbine, electrostatic, and ray generator aspects of his deathray designs. I mean its ten years prior to Telsa mentioning any deathray idea at all. I like natural H-bomb myself. personally I don't think Tesla had a working variant, he did after all take 50k from the USSR, and ran with the money, and he was working off ideas that were merely guess work at the time. fringe atomic particles and that.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby peterabnny on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Phact0rri wrote:
Well I don't buy much into the whole Wardencyffe being a deathray tower-- thats just silly. It wasn't intended for that function and operated very independently from the turbine, electrostatic, and ray generator aspects of his deathray designs. I mean its ten years prior to Telsa mentioning any deathray idea at all. I like natural H-bomb myself. personally I don't think Tesla had a working variant, he did after all take 50k from the USSR, and ran with the money, and he was working off ideas that were merely guess work at the time. fringe atomic particles and that.

I dunno. The more I read about the bloke, the more of a insane genius he becomes. Since he generally worked from the blueprints in his head, and if he destoyed the plans and machine as the story goes, we may never know. If Edison hadn't screwed him over and forced Tesla to be a free lancer inventor, who knows what kind of technology we'd have today!

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby peterabnny on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:46 am

Remember the days when spammers would actually make a semi-convincing sales pitch to get you to click on their links? Ah, those were the days...

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:43 am

Phact0rri wrote:Well I don't buy much into the whole Wardencyffe being a deathray tower-- thats just silly. It wasn't intended for that function and operated very independently from the turbine, electrostatic, and ray generator aspects of his deathray designs. I mean its ten years prior to Telsa mentioning any deathray idea at all. I like natural H-bomb myself. personally I don't think Tesla had a working variant, he did after all take 50k from the USSR, and ran with the money, and he was working off ideas that were merely guess work at the time. fringe atomic particles and that.

I'm sick of conspiracy-theory-like stories about Tesla. The fact is that people who are liberally spreading those theories around usually can't name two actual working inventions of his. Guy wasn't even nearly such recluse and introvert that legend makes him out to be - he was actually quite a showman.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:48 am

peterabnny wrote:Remember the days when spammers would actually make a semi-convincing sales pitch to get you to click on their links? Ah, those were the days...

I don't remember this day, and in fact if this day ever comes surely that would b ethe true indicator of the apocalypse. :P
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:31 am

peterabnny wrote:Remember the days when spammers would actually make a semi-convincing sales pitch to get you to click on their links? Ah, those were the days...

I don't remember this day, and in fact if this day ever comes surely that would b ethe true indicator of the apocalypse. :P

The ones for sex sites were always the best. They'd provide teaser pics.

peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby Mo on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 am

Yes, because sex is really hard to find on the internets.
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby McDuffies on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:27 am

I never had problem finding sex on internet, but I can't seem to find any manga and anime.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby peterabnny on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:17 am

Finding sex on the internet is easy. I'd wager that finding sex on the internet without it being loaded with malware, adware or viruses is hard.

peterabnny
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion