Can't log in to FTP server

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
User avatar
BionicDance
Regular Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:46 am

Can't log in to FTP server

Post by BionicDance »

When I try to log in to upload a new comic, it tells me "Login failed. Returning to login screen..."
No other information is forthcoming; this is everything that happens.

Never had this problem before, but I have comics to upload...whassup?
Image
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

User avatar
ColdFusion
Regular Poster
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by ColdFusion »

That thread that explained about the zombie server is gone.. but I'm sure it's not just you n' me having this problem.

User avatar
Nutshellcomics
Regular Poster
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:17 am
Location: Deep ina' Hearta'

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Nutshellcomics »

I can not access the FTP and my comic has not updated for today. tried to get to site admin and got this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/space/siteadmin/public_html/everything.php on line 626
Image
Updates Monday & Friday

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7358
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Cope »

Cross-posting from the siteadmin thread:

Quickadmin has been turning up the same message that Nutshellcomics reported, although I can get it to load by refreshing the page. The problem is, whenever i trigger a good old regular update, Quickadmin tells me "Update ( params='update', ) request entered OK!" but the update doesn't actually happen.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

MoonFreight3
Regular Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:39 am
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by MoonFreight3 »

I tried refreshing the SiteAdmin page like Cope suggested, but it keeps bouncing back and forth between two errors. I was able to connect to my FTP last night and this morning, although there have been moments where it has been unable to connect. Suffice it to say, my comic has not updated today.
Image

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7358
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Cope »

I'm able to access siteadmin again. There's still a problem, though: the updates aren't working. I trigger a regular manual update and the system tells me an update has gone through, but nothing happens. I double-checked the filename for Friday's comic (20101029.png), and it seems to check out fine.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
BionicDance
Regular Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by BionicDance »

Yes, well, I still can't log in to the FTP part of SiteAdmin...and it's going to start getting critical soon.
Image
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3275
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Kisai »

Please be more specific.

There was some significant issues with syncing the databases (read, it was copying everything BUT the forums) so we've lost about a day's worth of forum posts.

But the rest was working.

Make sure that you are FTP'ing to the correct machine which is 66.220.2.20 (ftp.comicgenesis.com) and not 66.220.2.9 (which is the backup system)

Siteadmin is now at https://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com , ignore the certificate warning for now, we may fix this later.

The updaters should have been working since 9pm last night.

MoonFreight3
Regular Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:39 am
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by MoonFreight3 »

How do we set it to 66.220.2.20? I use Cyberduck as an FTP, and it just has me type in a URL and a user name, so I'm syncing to ftp://moonfreight3@moonfreight3.comicgenesis.com. I've never had a problem with Cyberduck automatically doing that until now.
Image

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3275
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Kisai »

MoonFreight3 wrote:How do we set it to 66.220.2.20? I use Cyberduck as an FTP, and it just has me type in a URL and a user name, so I'm syncing to ftp://moonfreight3@moonfreight3.comicgenesis.com. I've never had a problem with Cyberduck automatically doing that until now.
That should be fine. If you're having an issue with it connecting, just switch the moonfreight3.comicgenesis.com part to 66.220.2.20

User avatar
BionicDance
Regular Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by BionicDance »

Kisai wrote:Please be more specific.

There was some significant issues with syncing the databases (read, it was copying everything BUT the forums) so we've lost about a day's worth of forum posts.

But the rest was working.

Make sure that you are FTP'ing to the correct machine which is 66.220.2.20 (ftp.comicgenesis.com) and not 66.220.2.9 (which is the backup system)

Siteadmin is now at https://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com , ignore the certificate warning for now, we may fix this later.

The updaters should have been working since 9pm last night.
Um...never mind. Apparently I was logging into the old version of Web-FTP or something: http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... eb-ftp.cgi
I liked it, it was simple, quick, straight-forward...but apparently SiteAdmin is functioning properly now even for those of us who registered our comics more recently (it's been a while since I've been to the forums; for all I know, that's been working for quite some time), but yesterday it started rejecting my login data.

Ah, well...thanks for the attention, anyway; I'll start using the proper SiteAdmin from now on. Thanks! :)
Image
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

MoonFreight3
Regular Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:39 am
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by MoonFreight3 »

Kisai wrote:That should be fine. If you're having an issue with it connecting, just switch the moonfreight3.comicgenesis.com part to 66.220.2.20
I did that and it's still not uploading.
Image

User avatar
Trades
Regular Poster
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:27 am
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Trades »

I am not able to get into the ftp server. when I log in it gives me a login failed or it takes me to a blank page that when I hit refresh it states that I was logged out.
I havne't been able to get in since yesterday. Any help on this?

I can get into the siteadmin but the ftp server
<A HREF="http://trades.comicgenesis.com"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ ... comics.jpg" border="0" >

User avatar
Ickole14
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:54 am

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Ickole14 »

I'm also unable to login to the Keenspace Butch server http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... eb-ftp.cgi. When I try with either of my comics, it tells me that the server is down. I had a page ready to go up for today, however, even though it was previously put in the FTP site, but it did not get updated this morning. Any solution for logging in to the KeenSpace FTP site?

User avatar
BionicDance
Regular Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by BionicDance »

Ickole14 wrote:I'm also unable to login to the Keenspace Butch server http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... eb-ftp.cgi. When I try with either of my comics, it tells me that the server is down. I had a page ready to go up for today, however, even though it was previously put in the FTP site, but it did not get updated this morning. Any solution for logging in to the KeenSpace FTP site?
This is my problem as well. I prefer using this to SiteAdmin, simply because I have more direct control over my files.

But I can't log in.
Image
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3275
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Kisai »

Okay:

1. The only change to the siteadmin itself is that it will force you to use https , nothing else. This has resulted in lowering the complexity of the password login. Make you sure you know which login you are using. "Site Admin" is your forum username and Password, which is still case sensative. Quick admin and old siteadmin (:8080) use your ftp login and password.
2. The web-ftp should not be affected, but I don't use it myself so I need more info.
3. Regular FTP should not be affected, but remember you should be using PASV mode if you haven't enabled it.

the "correct" URL is ftp://username:password@66.220.2.20 if you are uploading a comic via FTP.
The siteadmin system will also allow for one-shot uploads of just the comic.

User avatar
BionicDance
Regular Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by BionicDance »

Kisai wrote:Okay:
2. The web-ftp should not be affected, but I don't use it myself so I need more info.
There really isn't more info to give.

First I see this screen:
Image

Previously, after entering my username and password, I would see this message:
"Login failed. Returning to login screen..."

...and would be taken back to the login screen.


Right now I'm seeing this message after waiting for a few minutes for my browser to react:
This webpage is not available.
The webpage at http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... TART?57114+ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.


There is absolutely no more information to give; this is everything I see, everything that happens to which I have access.
Image
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

User avatar
Kiltman
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:21 am

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Kiltman »

I will second the motion below.. this is also exactly what is happening when i try to log into the web-ftp.
I uploaded the comic via the siteadmin login from comic genesis.. but it says the comic is auto loaded to /workspace/comics):
however as i recall, all my comics are loaded into /public/comics ?
BionicDance wrote:
Kisai wrote:Okay:
2. The web-ftp should not be affected, but I don't use it myself so I need more info.
There really isn't more info to give.

First I see this screen:
Image

Previously, after entering my username and password, I would see this message:
"Login failed. Returning to login screen..."

...and would be taken back to the login screen.


Right now I'm seeing this message after waiting for a few minutes for my browser to react:
This webpage is not available.
The webpage at http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... TART?57114+ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.


There is absolutely no more information to give; this is everything I see, everything that happens to which I have access.

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3275
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by Kisai »

looks like the web-ftp no longer works

User avatar
BionicDance
Regular Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Can't log in to FTP server

Post by BionicDance »

Kisai wrote:looks like the web-ftp no longer works
Is that something that can be fixed?
Image
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

Post Reply